Mitchell Trubisky goes in depth on why he decided to sign with Bills

On 6/4/2021 at 12:20 PM, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I am hopeful Fromm will beat him out for the number 2 spot

What struck me from Fromm's highlight video was the outstanding job he did at hitting moving targets in perfect stride. Both targets moving vertically and to those moving horizontally. Combine that with the fact that his arm may not be the world's strongest, and the offense which would be the best fit for him is the West Coast offense.

Unfortunately for Fromm, the Bills do not employ a West Coast offense. If Allen were to go down with an injury, and if Fromm is the backup, to what extent would the Bills be willing and able to modify their style of offense to fit Fromm's strengths? I don't have the answer to that. What I do have--for whatever it's worth--is the feeling that Fromm could play well and be productive, as long as the offense was set up to play to his strengths.

• Like (+1) 2

Green Bay / Chicago week 17 last year is on NFL Network right now.

Chicago’s O play calling looks Meh.  First down runs. MT is throwing a lot of short throws but he seems accurate. Routes all seem short.                                Having never watched him, I’m surprised by his athleticism.  Now, if he could just get some “ arm arrogance “

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Chicago’s O play calling looks Meh.  First down runs. MT is throwing a lot of short throws but he seems accurate. Routes all seem short.                                Having never watched him, I’m surprised by his athleticism.  Now, if he could just get some “ arm arrogance “

I just came here to mention this. I just put it in on in the 3rd qtr 

What a throw, and catch by Mooney!

On 6/4/2021 at 6:46 AM, YoloinOhio said:

It does seem like Nagy is putting fields development first, at least at this point. He announced this week that dalton will be the week 1 starter and fields will be QB2. He wasn’t in Chicago for Mitch’s 1st year but he was in KC for mahomes 1st year so was part of the decision to redshirt him.  Their bye week is week 10 so that’s the earliest I expect to see fields barring injury unless dalton is just that bad before that.

This is stupid. Just like Allens rookie year.  No one thought Peterman was any better than Allen.  It slowed the teams and Allens development.

Is Dalton the better qb today? Maybe?  After Tc and Feilds abusing some back ups in preason will anyone in Chicago want Dalton to start? 

The Smith, Mahomes situation is rare.  A playoff team with multiple 10 plus win seasons.  Teams that go this route with back up qbs are delaying the inevitable.  Also, not investing all of their effort into the #1 pick makes little sense.  

Edited by Mat68

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Agreed. The guy was overdrafted with only one season as a starting QB in college. He needed playing time and got it, but was learning on the job in a high pressure market with high expectations. 

2:1 TD to INT ratio, 62% completion percentage, 29-21 record is pretty solid. He may never be a guy who 'wows' anyone but his play is right in line with plenty of mid tier starters in the league. If a team does not have a top 10 QB, they could do a lot worse than Trubisky.

Landing here, doing a reset and working with Daboll and Allen may be the best thing he could do long term for his career. It was said earlier, but going to a place where he does not need to start, and has a OC who may be a hot HC candidate is a very smart move for the Trubisky camp. Should Daboll move on, he will probably go to a team in transition. If Daboll likes what he sees from Trubisky this season, he could take him with him and give him a second shot at a starting gig. Trubisky would already have a season in his system.

One of the few win-win moves for team (Buffalo) and player, though I hope we don't have to see him until game 17, or in some late game action.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Mat68 said:

This is stupid. Just like Allens rookie year.  No one thought Peterman was any better than Allen.  It slowed the teams and Allens development.

Is Dalton the better qb today? Maybe?  After Tc and Feilds abusing some back ups in preason will anyone in Chicago want Dalton to start? 

The Smith, Mahomes situation is rare.  A playoff team with multiple 10 plus win seasons.  Teams that go this route with back up qbs are delaying the inevitable.  Also, not investing all of their effort into the #1 pick makes little sense.  

I don't know.  There's an argument of the value to a rookie to allow them a year to learn behind a veteran.  The NFL is the next level and it's a pretty significant jump.  And then in Allen's case, the first thing he learned in year one was to run for his life and to play with a pretty shyty team around him.  He had to unlearn that in years two and three.

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

I don't know.  There's an argument of the value to a rookie to allow them a year to learn behind a veteran.  The NFL is the next level and it's a pretty significant jump.  And then in Allen's case, the first think he learned in year one was to run for his life and to play with a pretty shyty team around him.  He had to unlearn that in years two and three.

Agreed, but the guy they sit behind needs to be better or atleast established as the starter of the team.  Most recent examples of Tyrod with Cleveland and LAC are exaxtly what will happen in Chicago.  A lame duck coach grasping to every coach cliche plays the vet because hes a vet.  By week 2 or 3 Fields will be the guy and the last 3 months wasted.  So in June I ask why?  Its not Garapalo returning from injury and the last season healthy he made the superbowl.  

In reguards to Allen.  If from day 1, they built an offense that matched Allen strengths, and didnt have him split reps with Peterman would he have started out better?  I think so. What kind of timing is the passing game going to have when they go from noodle arm Peterman to lasers from Allen.  The coaching staff didnt prepare the offense or Allen for success year 1.  Thats why success only came when Allen made crazy plays.  Its Mcdermotts only mistep as a head coach.  If Allen didnt invest in his own development it could have been disasterous.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, without a drought said:

I'm hoping Fromm is better than Josh.

I also hope that Olaijah Griffin is better than Tre.

My condolences on what seems like must be your frequent disappointments.  :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Fromm might still be in isolation so he may never find out, but Olaijah is disappointed you didn't even give him a chance.

I give everyone a chance, because you just never know.  I do tend to go withy the odds, however. 

On 6/3/2021 at 10:49 PM, YoloinOhio said:

So my boss is a huge Bears fan. He is excited about Fields now (I had to talk him into it) but he really thinks Mitch got a raw deal in Chicago to some degree. Seems like most of their fans still like him, because hes a good guy and did some good things but his development went awry. I think he started too soon only having one real year of college production and seems like they plan to do things differently with fields. Of course, the Bills planned for Allen not to play right away either but there he was at halftime week 1…

The ball was too wet and heavy for little Nate to throw ;)

• Sad 1

On 6/4/2021 at 8:00 AM, ALLEN1QB said:

Definitely upgraded our backup situation. He probably won't stay in Buffalo after this year sure he will get a starting job somewhere. I wish him the best he's a decent QB.

He may not be wanted as a starting QB next year and could possibly be back.

• Agree 1

On 6/5/2021 at 10:56 AM, BillBrasky said:

From the Chicago press on Trubisky's achievements while playing for a rookie head coach, who was making questionable play calls and personnel decisions and who had an obvious desire to cut Trubisky from the team:

"Trubisky went 25-13 under Matt Nagy, throwing 57 touchdowns, 30 interceptions and completing 65.3% of his passes. He also made the playoffs twice (0-2) and made the Pro Bowl in 2018.

Trubisky has the record for most passing yards by a Bears rookie quarterback, along with being the fastest quarterback to reach 10,000 yards in a Bears jersey. He will leave the Bears ranking first in passer rating (minimum of 300 attempts), fifth in passing yards, fifth in passing touchdowns and fifth in wins. Not a bad run in just 50 starts. Trubisky is also the only NFL quarterback to play 50-plus games and not throw a career pick-six."

I think they let his top WR walk in FA twice.

Trubisky was roundly booed by fans when introduced at a Chicago Bulls game the week that he was drafted… it just didn’t start off on the right foot. He’s talented but not as much as fields and in retrospect the #2 pick with everything they gave up to move up plus who they passed on really provided a bad situation for him as a young inexperienced QB. I think he still has a future in the league. He’s no worse than mayfield IMO  (dodges tomatoes from mayfield truthers)

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Trubisky was roundly booed by fans when introduced at a Chicago Bulls game the week that he was drafted… it just didn’t start off on the right foot. He’s talented but not as much as fields and in retrospect the #2 pick with everything they gave up to move up plus who they passed on really provided a bad situation for him as a young inexperienced QB. I think he still has a future in the league. He’s no worse than mayfield IMO  (dodges tomatoes from mayfield truthers)

He certainly can be better in commercials than Mayfield.  Have not seen NFL player in commercials so over acted since Dan Marino.

• Haha (+1) 1