Bills speed leader board in OTAs

It also depends upon the player - watching the highlights - several times Diggs makes a catch and then continues to accelerate and run to the end zone.  Watching Sanders - he makes a move and catches the ball and then almost immediately was slowing down - almost like I am saving myself.

You also really saw the speed on the deep throws where Josh led Diggs into the end zone.

You don’t see the same type of action from the DBs.

I love that the Bills collect and use this data.  Wish more was shared, but I can only imagine how tight they want to control everything.

7 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

It also depends upon the player - watching the highlights - several times Diggs makes a catch and then continues to accelerate and run to the end zone.  Watching Sanders - he makes a move and catches the ball and then almost immediately was slowing down - almost like I am saving myself.

You also really saw the speed on the deep throws where Josh led Diggs into the end zone.

You don’t see the same type of action from the DBs.

I love that the Bills collect and use this data.  Wish more was shared, but I can only imagine how tight they want to control everything.

It's one of the aspects where a number of people commented that Diggs changed the whole atmosphere at the Bills training camp and in practice last year - that he practices full speed and always goes hard, and it leveled up the rest of the WR corps just to keep up with him.  You can see how intense Diggs is with everything he does, from little things like where he's evidently catching easy balls on the sideline to warm up - so he does it standing on one foot then the other.

I'm intending no criticism of Sanders here as it's early days and his job right now is to learn the playbook and get his timing down with Josh.

37 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Probably MPH... Also, not good on Lenoir's part to share this info. 

Didn't we have a player on the fringe of the roster who shared something he shouldn't (maybe something from the playbook?) and then was cut a day later?  I have a hazy memory of something along those lines happening.

20 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

It's not possible to run 20 mph from start to finish because you start from a stand still. That's why measure acceleration could be a more useful metric. 

Well, of course.    But the 10 and 20 yard splits give a pretty good idea of how quickly someone can accelerate.    In general you are always going to get close to the same readings from those "dashes"..........whereas in the field of play in an actual game you have so many variables.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Didn't we have a player on the fringe of the roster who shared something he shouldn't (maybe something from the playbook?) and then was cut a day later?  I have a hazy memory of something along those lines happening.

The Bills had a big problem with players and caches giving away way too much info for a really long time. McD And Beane have done a good job reeling that in, but you can't be too careful imo. 

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure that will be explained to him

Yeah and I'm sure he knew that the team would correct him for sharing that but it was a good opportunity to put some positive "team collected" information out to prospective employers.    He's an ultra-longshot.    That next employer could be a spring league. 

56 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

MPH reached (the players wear GPS trackers, not sure where they put 'em when they aren't wearing pads but)

I'm sure that will be explained to him

Where was sanders 

40 minutes ago, wppete said:

Pleasantly Surprised to see Gabriel Davis as one of the leaders and great to see Wildgoose as the leader on defense. 

Wild goose ran like a 4.41 or something at his junior pro day last year

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Yeah.  What on earth did he think he was doing?   Someone will talk to him. 

Colleges share their leader board on social media, not sure if it really matters but you are right McDermott will probably lock that down 

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's one of the aspects where a number of people commented that Diggs changed the whole atmosphere at the Bills training camp and in practice last year - that he practices full speed and always goes hard, and it leveled up the rest of the WR corps just to keep up with him.  You can see how intense Diggs is with everything he does, from little things like where he's evidently catching easy balls on the sideline to warm up - so he does it standing on one foot then the other.

I'm intending no criticism of Sanders here as it's early days and his job right now is to learn the playbook and get his timing down with Josh.

Diggs is a quite interesting animal.  And I think Beasley is much the same.   They are all about getting better, every day.  

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

McDermott will probably lock that down 

The McBeane Bills have a really tight rein on information.  Nothing goes public until someone in charge says it can go public.   

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah and I'm sure he knew that the team would correct him for sharing that but it was a good opportunity to put some positive "team collected" information out to prospective employers.    He's an ultra-longshot.    That next employer could be a spring league. 

disagree.  that's what screenshots are for.  And Agents.

8 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

disagree.  that's what screenshots are for.  And Agents.

Disagree with what?    He took a pic of information collected by an actual NFL team that proves he's fast on the field in June of 2021.    That is of value for a guy like that AND his agent for whom getting a foot in the door is not easy.   The first clue that he knew the team probably wouldn't want him to share it can be found in the hastily-shot-from-the-body 1960's Batman villain-esque camera angle.    Easier to accomplish what you want and ask for forgiveness later for a tiny infraction than ask for permission to do something you want that you know you probably won't get.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So much so that I kind of wondered why the Bills brought him in.  Good point that it might be an advertisement for his next team, I hadn't thought of that.

• Like (+1) 1