Bills speed leader board in OTAs

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

What is this a measure of?

Time in a drill?

MPH reached?

Number of hot dogs eaten in 5 min?

MPH reached (the players wear GPS trackers, not sure where they put 'em when they aren't wearing pads but)

Just now, Motorin' said:

Probably MPH... Also, not good on Lenoir's part to share this info. 

I'm sure that will be explained to him

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

MPH reached (the players wear GPS trackers, not sure where they put 'em when they aren't wearing pads but)

I'm sure that will be explained to him

I do like how they rebranded "ice bath" as "cold water emersion therapy." LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Davis same as Diggs. Didn't think he was quite as fast....impressive..

Wonder if Devin S. got any faster with the way he looks much stronger....

Hitting a top speed of around 20 mph is what you expect for top NFL wr's. The question is how quickly can they get to their top speed?

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Davis same as Diggs. Didn't think he was quite as fast....impressive..

Like I said it's just one day and it's just peak speed. 

For comparison, a 4.5s 40 yd dash time is equivalent to 18.18 mph, but of course that's the average speed over 40 yds.

19 mph is a 4.3s 40 yd dash time. 

20.2 mph would be a 4.05s 40 yd dash time (but again, that would be assuming it could be sustained over 40 yds, these are just peak speeds)

Diggs is capable of hitting peak speeds in the 21-22 mph range for short distances and pretty sure McKenzie can do even faster bursts

13 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Probably MPH... Also, not good on Lenoir's part to share this info. 

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thanks, that's what I thought, but wasnt sure since there was zero context on the board.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Like I said it's just one day and it's just peak speed. 

For comparison, a 4.5s 40 yd dash time is equivalent to 18.18 mph, but of course that's the average speed over 40 yds.

19 mph is a 4.3s 40 yd dash time. 

20.2 mph would be a 4.05s 40 yd dash time (but again, that would be assuming it could be sustained over 40 yds, these are just peak speeds)

Diggs is capable of hitting peak speeds in the 21-22 mph range for short distances and pretty sure McKenzie can do even faster bursts

Exactly. All depends on who was asked to do what and run which route in practice. Tough to get up to 20MPH if you are just running short routes or something.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Josh hit 20.6 MPH on his TD run against the Vikings as a rookie.

With the advanced metrics being recorded, there's got to be a way to develop an acceleration quotient. For instance, it certainly took Josh longer and a greater distance to hit 20 mph than it takes Tyreek Hill. The 40 yard dash is a bit crude. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Top speed is such a very different measure than 40 yard times.   

If Diggs could run 20.7 mph for 40 straight yards that dash would take 3.87 seconds.

It's not possible to run 20 mph from start to finish because you start from a stand still. That's why measure acceleration could be a more useful metric.