What was the most impressive drive of the 2020 Season?

10 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I thought the drive to take the lead and "win" the game against Arizona. That was franchise QB s***.

I was at that game in AZ- was a truly great moment after Diggs made the catch!  Was high fiving with family in the stands and hugging- we thought it was a winner.  Cardinal fans (who are pretty cool)  started leaving and giving us "good game" nods.  The fluke duck play aside, that was a heckuva clutch drive, as our QB was cash money

I think about the scoring drives to start the 3rd quarter against both the Steelers and Ravens in the Divisional round. 

In both games, the offense had been stymied for the entire first half, and in both games, they came out at the start of the 2nd half and scored touchdowns. They may not have been the prettiest drives, but they were under the lights in big games against good defenses that had held them in check.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The Rams game solidified in my mind we were going places this year on the arm of JA—and getting a call our way for a change was another sign of the times 😁

Which reminds me, does anyone else remember the time in the Rams game Josh passed it to our TE who came down with the ball and they called it an interception?

Pretty screwed up, huh?  Even about nine months later.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/09/27/los-angeles-rams-buffalo-bills-tyler-kroft-john-johnson-interception/

#ReceiverGetsTheTie

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Which reminds me, does anyone else remember the time in the Rams game Josh passed it to our TE who came down with the ball and they called it an interception?

Pretty screwed up, huh?  Even about nine months later.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/09/27/los-angeles-rams-buffalo-bills-tyler-kroft-john-johnson-interception/

#ReceiverGetsTheTie

yea... That was beyond Screwed lol

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The Colts playoff game before halftime with Davis dragging his toes twice on the sideline.  A 96 yard drive after a defensive stand at the goal line that concluded with a Josh Allen (you can never do this if your life depended on it Phillip Rivers) rushing TD.  I don't even think the celestial Patrick Mahomes could've pulled that off.

👆🏻 Stage matters, this was huge and was much needed in that game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Scrolled threw and didn't see it mentioned but the first drive that came to mind for me was actually a drive early in a game that we loss. Allen willed us to a TD to tie up the game early 7-7 against Tennessee.  We all know, on our very first possession Allen throws an INT, no fault of his, as it bounces off of Roberts hands or facemask. Sets up the Titans for the easy TD.

On the next possession Allen converts a 3rd and 13 through the air, a 3rd and 7 with his legs, throws a TD on 3rd and 10 to Gabe Davis that gets called back, next play he converts a 3rd and 15 and then ultimately we finish with a TD to McKenzie. And in between all those conversions, there are at least two dropped passes. One from Knox and one from Diggs. The o-line opened up holes for the RB's that gave them a total of -2 yards rushing on 3 carries. The only thing that was missing on this drive was a false start or hold by a lineman. But plenty of those came later in the game as I recall. 

But I remember watching live and thinking to myself, "man that was a heck of a drive by Allen where so many things were not going right and after a terrible start, he really willed us to a TD". But neither side of the ball was ready to play that day which was unfortunate because I think Allen was ready to go. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As far as importance the drive against the Colts in the playoffs was probably the biggest.  

In no specific order,

Week 2 against Miami down 3 in the 4th with 6 minutes left. The beautiful TD pass to a diving Gabe Davis for the lead.

Week 3 against the Rams. Final drive for the GW TD with clutch throws to Beasley, Diggs and eventually Kroft.

Week 10 against Arizona. No explanation needed.

Week 13 against the Niners up 14-7 with 1 minute left on the 10 Josh methodically leads the offense into FG range before the half as time expires. To me it was big cause the Niners were getting the ball first in the 3rd.

Week 17 against the Dolphins After throwing an opening drive INT Josh surgically took apart the Fins in a must win for them before departing. 

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/2/2021 at 10:25 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

For me it was actually week 17 against Miami but not in the way you think. Its just before half time and the Bills look to put Miami away at half time. For me this drive is one Brady pulled off against us for years that separated the good from the great. When the drive was over I looked around and said "That drive was very Tom Brady like".

Minute 45 seconds left before the half. My gut told me we were going to run the clock. I just wish our coaching was this aggressive at the AFC Conf. game. Also keep in mind this was against a Miami defense that many considered to be top 5-6 Defese.

Cue the tape.. 4:50

Here Is another drive that was against LA. Come from behind victory. HUGE third down throws.. Baldy does a wonderful breakdown on this drive.

So what was your favorite drive of the 2020 season? one of these? A different one? looking forward in reading through comments

Either the final Rams or Cardinals drive.

On 6/3/2021 at 3:06 AM, BruceVilanch said:

I thought the drive to take the lead and "win" the game against Arizona. That was franchise QB s***.

One of the best throws and catches of the past season. Would have been all over the highlight reels if not for the way the game ended. 

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe this one was mentioned already. For me it was the final drive in the Arizona game, the TD to Diggs. Should have been the game winner. Just showed that as long as there's time left, the Bills will beat you.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

I would have to say the last TD drive that sealed the win in the first game vs Miami (week 2).  I know a lot of what made that great was the big 3rd and 9 TD pass to John Brown.  What made that so special was it was great to see the Bills actually go for the win instead of just playing not to lose.  I feel like, in the past, on the rare occasion the Bills would have the ball and a late lead, on a 3rd and 9, they would have just played not to lose, like "maybe just run the ball, take some time off the clock, then hopefully we can pin them deep enough with the punt to see if our defense can win it".  That drive showed that this team is different and plays to actually win games.  Also, unlike prior offenses, they actually have the talent and capability to actually go for the win in those situations.

• Like (+1) 1