New LB Tyrell Adams making an impact at OTAs

2 hours ago, somnus00 said:

With Milano's injury history, we really need another linebacker who can cover. Klein ain't it.

After a rough start, Klein came on quite well the last couple of games he started and/or played considerably in.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

After a rough start, Klein came on quite well the last couple of games he started and/or played considerably in.

Yes but only after they changed the way they were using him. He absolutely remained a liability in coverage. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

That article was pure clickbait. The title is misleading as the “tackling machine” quote that supports it was Leslie Frazier describing his play last year in Houston. The “making an impact at OTAs” is referencing one pass breakup that he made of a Trubisky pass meant for Dawson Knox.

Here’s what Fraizer had to say about the “impact” he hopes to get from Adams:

“He did a good job in Houston - he was a tackling machine,” Frazier said. “He’s going to be fighting for a roster spot. I know Heath Farwell our special teams coach is excited about him as well. We’ll see how it goes once we get to camp and start putting the pads on. He should help us whether it be a backup linebacker or on special teams.”

I hope he does well and makes the roster, but I think the journalism used in this piece is pretty poor.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I'm okay with letting this guy take over if Edmunds leaves in Free Agency.

Why don’t we wait until at least training camp .....   two seasons from now.  

Edmunds is under contract this year and next (at minimum) and you are marking a low end FA to replace him 2 years from now.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

everyone looks good in shorts

Well, not everyone...but I get your point.

This was another low risk, high upside signing by Beane — a player who appears to be on the upswing of his career and has a chance to make the Bills better or deeper.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, ALF said:

He's played for 6 other teams before getting here , that's not a good sign.

You're not wrong, but we were Lorenzo Alexander's sixth team. In any case, he could just be good depth and someone who could play adequately or better should we have the same injury issues at the position as last year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I'm okay with letting this guy take over if Edmunds leaves in Free Agency.

It was I really impressive article I'll grant you. But maybe we should wait for another article later in June before we are ok with making this guy a starter? I'd even like to see a July article. Maybe a few blurbs in there somewhere too.