DPOY - Tremaine Edmunds (?!?)

On 6/11/2021 at 10:26 PM, NewEra said:

I don’t look at a lot of data.  But you do, so, show me the data that says “very few people agree with me”.  The fact that all the people that agree with me (a statement that you didn’t back up with data. a list in which he’s the 24th rated off ball Lb proves that it’s not only bills fans that agree with me.  24th isn’t a good thing) are all bills fans would show me that “people who actually watch bills games” agree with me. as opposed to people who don’t watch every Bills game.  But I’ve yet to see any data to support you claim.  

I would show you where very few people agree with you, but I already did.

I posted a list of four links where he's listed as among the best LBs in the league:

On 6/10/2021 at 10:45 PM, Thurman#1 said:

The reason I think it's just a small group who feels that way ... is that It is just a small group that feels that way. Again, he was a Pro Bowler. Again, the Ravens built their game plan around doing their best to nullify Edmunds. It really is just a small group.

All you have to do is google best LB lists.

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-linebacker-rankings   16th best LB. Not 16th best ILB, 16th best LB

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-entering-2021-nfl-season   PFF 24th best LB overall.

https://fftoday.com/rankings/playerrank.php?o=2&PosID=60&LeagueID=1&order_by=Rank&sort_order=ASC&cur_page=1  15th best LB overall

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/the-top-25-linebackers-in-the-nfl/  Pro Football Network 11th best LB overall

Those are just the first four I found. It really is just a small group who think what you do.

Weirdly, you only mentioned the one where he was listed as 24th, even though I also have one where he's listed as 11th, one where he's listed as 15th, one where he's listed as 16th and PFF, where he's listed as 24th. How surprising that you only picked the one where he's listed as 24th.

Again, I just linked to the first four lists on google. You were welcome to come up with other lists that didn't rank him high. Strangely, you haven't come back with any.

Yeah, thing is, it really is a small group who agree with you.

Oh, and those lists are linebackers. Yeah, they separated out the EDGE guys, but that still leaves most of the linebackers in the league. So yeah, being ranked between 11th and 24th, and mostly between 11th and 16th really does indeed show that Tremaine is very respected around the league. 

No, as I've said, not elite. But yes, absolutely very respected.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 6/11/2021 at 1:51 PM, Richard Noggin said:

Is it possible, @Thurman#1, that citing the NFL's most one-dimensional offense's plan for attacking the Bills D, is not a super convincing line of argument? Is it possible that if a one-dimensional offense like Baltimore's decided to focus their attack on Edmunds, then maybe they viewed Edmunds as a liability they could exploit? And while the Bills D played well in that game, isn't it also possible that the one-dimensional quality of the Ravens offense might have allowed Edmunds to be more decisive and therefore effective? It's become a playoff theme (diminishing returns) for Baltimore with Jackson at QB, hasn't it? I mean, how good did our MLB look against Indy and KC in contrast? Playing against teams with the very real threat of offensive balance might be better indicators of an MLB's real value. 

I don't hate Edmunds at all, but I do see an elite athlete potentially playing out of position with respect to pre-snap processing and post-snap impact plays. 

I did NOT yet listen to the podcast referencing Baltimore's offensive approach to playing the Bills D, for the record.

No, it's not possible, Richard.

Go listen to the podcast I linked to. Talbot made it very clear that they thought he was the opposite of a weakness that they could exploit, that the reason they were concentrating on him was that they were seriously worried about him.

The Ravens were trying to game plan around him rather than attack him as a weakness. It really is in the podcast, and the whole podcast is a good listen as well.

He only brought it up when the hosts said that some Bills fans didn't have a high opinion of Tremaine. He thought that was ridiculous.

Have a good day.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

I would show you where very few people agree with you, but I already did.

I posted a list of four links where he's listed as among the best LBs in the league:

Weirdly, you only mentioned the one where he was listed as 24th, even though I also have one where he's listed as 11th, one where he's listed as 15th, one where he's listed as 16th and PFF, where he's listed as 24th. How surprising that you only picked the one where he's listed as 24th.

Again, I just linked to the first four lists on google. You were welcome to come up with other lists that didn't rank him high. Strangely, you haven't come back with any.

Yeah, thing is, it really is a small group who agree with you.

Oh, and those lists are linebackers. Yeah, they separated out the EDGE guys, but that still leaves most of the linebackers in the league. So yeah, being ranked between 11th and 24th, and mostly between 11th and 16th really does indeed show that Tremaine is very respected around the league. 

No, as I've said, not elite. But yes, absolutely very respected.

There are billions of people in the world.  You linked 4 websites that had him ranked outside of the top 10 LBs.   One of which had him ranked him the #24 LB.   I have him ranked inside of the top 24 Lbs too…..so pff agrees with me.  Great evidence……

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

There are billions of people in the world.  You linked 4 websites that had him ranked outside of the top 10 LBs.   One of which had him ranked him the #24 LB.   I have him ranked inside of the top 24 Lbs too…..so pff agrees with me.  Great evidence……

Yeah, you're right, it is great evidence, dude. Out of roughly 96 starting LBs, (plus a bunch more on teams that run 3-4 Ds, but most of those extras are probably mostly EDGEs anyway) it does indeed show great respect that three of the four rankings have him between #11 and #16.  Where are all of your rankings saying the opposite, by the way?

You've had days to produce them, and yet, strangely, you haven't posted any. 

To give you a start, what I did was I just googled "NFL linebacker rankings." Those were the first four I found. 

15 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, you're right, it is great evidence, dude. Out of roughly 96 starting LBs, (plus a bunch more on teams that run 3-4 Ds, but most of those extras are probably mostly EDGEs anyway) it does indeed show great respect that three of the four rankings have him between #11 and #16.  Where are all of your rankings saying the opposite, by the way?

You've had days to produce them, and yet, strangely, you haven't posted any. 

To give you a start, what I did was I just googled "NFL linebacker rankings." Those were the first four I found. 

I can find 4 posters on here that would disagree with those 4 websites.  Find 10 more articles, I’ll find you 10 more posters that agree with me, that he’s an “ok” LB.  

Look at some of the names listed ahead of Edmunds……several of them are just OK IN MY OPINION.  Littleton was horrid last season.  Jayon brown was so good that he signed a 1 year 5M contract in his free agent year.  Alexander Johnson wasn’t good last season.  He was good the previous season. kJ weight is still a FA.

Josey Jewel stinks.  McKinney was traded for Shaq lawson. Jaylon Smith was terrible last season….not even close to “ok”.  Kenneth Murray was “ok” last year, his rookie season.  

Great evidence 🙄