DPOY - Tremaine Edmunds (?!?)

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Criminally undervalued?  Come on.  He's been average in the run game and poor in pass coverage.  He should be better than last year but I don't ever expect him to fall into the elite tier of linebackers.

Will you settle for Pro Bowl-caliber?  Will you acknowledge the Bills seems to love him, football analysts constantly praise his play and that the Defense if MUCH better when he's on the field, that he's 23 years old and has the potential to reach your "elite" tier?  That might help you through the acceptance stage. 

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Funny how most fans, media and talent evaluators believe Edmunds plays at a Pro Bowl level.  But you do you. 

hail naw.

And I get the posters who argue that this is not the age nor the defensive scheme for Dick Butkus or Ray Lewis.  But still, show me some fire.  Make mistakes at full speed, instead of tippy-toe moves to make sure you arrive eventually at the right place or whatever your flawed decision tree requires.

1 hour ago, Max Fischer said:

Will you settle for Pro Bowl-caliber?  Will you acknowledge the Bills seems to love him, football analysts constantly praise his play and that the Defense if MUCH better when he's on the field, that he's 23 years old and has the potential to reach your "elite" tier?  That might help you through the acceptance stage. 

I'd settle for pro-bowl caliber if it werent a popularity contest. 

The Bills do seem to be wedded to him.  Doesnt mean love.  right now they are stuck with him.  They dont seem to be as negative as we posters but that doesnt mean they love him.  They loved him when they drafted him, for sure.

And i'm tired of '23 years old."  Where is the mental growth?  his body is the same.  his play is the same.  I dont see any positive trend except the Bills havent and wont cut or demote him. 

Edited by maddenboy

21 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Edmunds….I’ll eat my sandal if Edmunds is DPOY

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Would you like fries with that?

Would it depend on which of his alts will be eating the fries and sandals though?    BuffaloRush, Phil the Thrill,  BillyWhiteShows, JohnNord?

15 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

hail naw.

And I get the posters who argue that this is not the age nor the defensive scheme for Dick Butkus or Ray Lewis.  But still, show me some fire.  Make mistakes at full speed, instead of tippy-toe moves to make sure you arrive eventually at the right place or whatever your flawed decision tree requires.

Sooooo, 808, based on the above video are we saying that we didnt draft a "Big Nickel" because Tremaine is already that?

serious question.  because if so, then we are all evaluating him wrong.  And if so, maybe he is more valuable than we nay-sayers think.

Edited by maddenboy

1 minute ago, maddenboy said:

Sooooo, are we saying that we didnt draft a "Big Nickel" because Tremaine is already that?

serious question.  because if so, then we are all evaluating him wrong.  And if so, maybe he is more valuable than we nay-sayers think.

I mean we played base nickel the whole 2020 basically except for that time they were using Klein for a bit iirc

Edmunds' job is a lot different than a normal 4-3 MLB

23 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Would it depend on which of his alts will be eating the fries and sandals though?    BuffaloRush, Phil the Thrill,  BillyWhiteShows, JohnNord?

What are you talking about?

2 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Funny how most fans, media and talent evaluators believe Edmunds plays at a Pro Bowl level.  But you do you. 

The thing is, Pro Bowl level isn't very descriptive.........that could mean you are the best MLB in the league or the 18th best.

That distinction matters.

The NFC has A LOT of good MLB'ers that are clearly better than Edmunds...........the AFC has very few.

When you start talking about being All Pro........then it's a lot less subjective.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Putin said:

We know you can not teach instincts , I hope as he matures as a player he learns to diagnose plays and make better decisions 

That is correct.  It is possible to improve his understanding of the game.  Remember the cant teach accuracy BS? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

That is correct.  It is possible to improve his understanding of the game.  Remember the cant teach accuracy BS? 

Where are all those folks now, I wonder?   :)

• Like (+1) 1

IF!!

Oliver becomes what he was drafted for.

IF!!

Rousseau and Basham come in like DROY candidates.

IF!!

Star can hold the point of attack so others can eat.

IF!!

Epenesa takes the next step.

IF!!

Hughes remains Mr. Consistency.

IF! 

Milano doesn't get injured.

THEN!

Edmunds has a really good chance of becoming a dominant and possible DPOY candidate.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Putin said:

Probably crawled back under the rocks 

I fully admit I was skeptical. What I saw of him in college concerned me. However, once the pick was announced, he was OUR GUY and I was hopeful.  Thrilled how he has developed! 

There is a reason we pay big bucks for our FO and scouts. So many people here think they are experts, and a few I respect a lot. But we are chumps on a couch compared to our professional talent evaluators. 

Having said all that, I think our chumps might give the Bengals FO a run for their money!   :)

He is 23 years old...

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/06/03/buffalo-bills-tremaine-edmunds-top-player-under-25-cbs-sports/amp/

"Some would argue he’s yet to consistently live up to his ceiling as a young, imposingly built talent, but he’s still an impressive guy to have roaming the middle. His three-year production (355 tackles, 14 QB hits, 5.5 sacks) earned him more time in Buffalo."

On 6/3/2021 at 9:05 AM, BillsfaninSB said:

Yes he did, but don't bother Badol with facts if they disrupt his narrative.

Narratives are way more important to some guys.

DPOY is certainly wildly unlikely, but he's already playing very well and could certainly improve a lot more with Star in front of him again and as he gets more experience.

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The thing is, Pro Bowl level isn't very descriptive.........that could mean you are the best MLB in the league or the 18th best.

That distinction matters.

The NFC has A LOT of good MLB'ers that are clearly better than Edmunds...........the AFC has very few.

When you start talking about being All Pro........then it's a lot less subjective.

Subjective indeed, as your bad take here clearly shows. The AFC has a bunch of good young MLBs who've played very well the past two to three years. Edmunds is certainly one of them.