DPOY - Tremaine Edmunds (?!?)

26 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

The guy with the 7' wingspan hasn't forced a fumble in 42 games.    

He's never recovered a fumble.

Just 3 career interceptions.

Only 5.5 career sacks.

You don't win NFL DPOY without making plays............as stated on OBL today,  getting 100 tackles is nice but SOMEBODY gets a tackle on every non-scoring play.

I agree that he has DPOY talent..........if he had been utilized like a TJ Watt I think he'd have been a big time playmaker..........but the position that he plays requires A LOT of instinctive play to stand out.........but with 6 seasons under his belt as a college and pro LB he hasn't shown those instincts.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Edmunds….I’ll eat my sandal if Edmunds is DPOY

I don't get this level of negativity about him. I love Edmunds and even I think this is the longest of shots, but he's the sort of player where if he takes another step, he could have at the very least have an insane breakout season.

1 minute ago, Buffalo619 said:

Edmunds is too slow physically and mentally to be even considered for DPOY. 

We need to upgrade that position. 

Man, I hope this is sarcasm, because whatever you think of his play, he was the point person on two top-ranked defenses. To call him mentally slow is just ridiculous and unnecessarily mean spirited. Physically slow is wrong too based on what I've watched, but I can get believing that as much as I disagree.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Edmunds is too slow physically and mentally to be even considered for DPOY. 

I agree. Square peg in round hole. He's not a middle LB. Put him outside and I think he'd be much improved. Someone tell Sean he'll never be Kuechly. 

• Agree 3

34 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Edmunds is too slow physically and mentally to be even considered for DPOY. Mr. Whitewash. 

I seen some idiotic takes on this board but this one ☝🏻 is WOW 

55 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Edmunds….I’ll eat my sandal if Edmunds is DPOY

I will run naked through the university courtyard if that happens

23 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Not mean spirited. He doesn’t react fast enough to hit and fill the hole. He guesses wrong a lot. He’s just too slow for a MLB in our defense. It’s painfully obvious. 

Your just wrong.....lets hope your player takes are better in the future

51 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The guy with the 7' wingspan hasn't forced a fumble in 42 games.    

He's never recovered a fumble.

Just 3 career interceptions.

Only 5.5 career sacks.

You don't win NFL DPOY without making plays............as stated on OBL today,  getting 100 tackles is nice but SOMEBODY gets a tackle on every non-scoring play.

I agree that he has DPOY talent..........if he had been utilized like a TJ Watt I think he'd have been a big time playmaker..........but the position that he plays requires A LOT of instinctive play to stand out.........but with 6 seasons under his belt as a college and pro LB he hasn't shown those instincts.

Didn’t he recover the fumble at the beginning of the 2nd half during the Houston playoff game?

I'd settle for some consistently competent play, less missed tackles and improved coverage skills. 

DPOY ? DPOY ?

That would be an amazing development that I would love to see.

If that happens the Bills are a top 3 defense and SB favorites.

• Agree 2