Jordan Poyer Interview - OTAs June 2, 2021

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/im-not-anti-or-pro-vax-im-pro-choice-cole-beasley-comments-on-viral-social-media-posts

The most important parts:

• Beasley added that he plans to have no further comments on social media about the COVID vaccine.
  • General Manager Brandon Beane told reporters before practice that “just over 80%” of the players have received at least one dose of the vaccine while the entire coaching staff is fully vaccinated.

We'll se how the first point goes. But great news on the second to be up above 80%. Although that is just one dose.

Quietly, the NFL seems to have acknowledged that previously-infected players have immunity by announcing this:

The league also changed one of its guidelines. Players and coaches who have previously been infected with COVID-19 will be considered fully vaccinated if they receive one dose.

That may apply to a number of the “one dose” guys.

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks.   What's unlike me?  That I have a point of view?   Do you find that difficult to accept?  

I ALWAYS have a point of view.

My point of view is that the NFL will have rules about COVID, the teams and the players will follow them or not, and they'll all live with the consequences.   I don't need to hear any discussion whatsoever in July about those rules.  When I show up at the stadium on opening day, the Bills and the Steelers will play a football game.   65,000 people will make a lot of noise.  One team will win, the other will lose.  The game will be all about the 106 players on the two teams, and their coaches.  Some players we might have expected to be in that game won't be in it, because of injury, arrest, personal matters, or COVID.  I don't really care.   I, and the 65,000 other people, and the coaches, will be focused completely on the 106 who are there, and no one will be worrying about who isn't there or why.  When the Bills took the field to start the 2020 season, we watched the players and what they did.  We didn't moan and groan because Star wasn't there.   40 guys who came to training camp weren't there, either.

I'm a football fan.  I see no point in my football life in getting excited about COVID.

If you have a point of view that's different, fine.  I get it.   But dismissing my point of view because you disagree with it is ignorant.  

So, lalalalalala.  

i completely understand your point of view on the reporting even if I disagree.

I replied to the “lalala” post that doesn’t express any POV except pettiness.

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I wouldn't call it petty at all.  JW said those who think this issue isn't important don't listen and instead say "lalalalala."   Not wanting to argue the point, but wanting to be clear that I was one of those who doesn't think the issue is important, I simply repeated JW's words.  

It was just a way to say which side I was on.  Remember, JW's original complaint about what I said wasn't about the importance of COVID, it was about some things I said about how journalism.   Until I posted by lala, I hadn't entered the fray on the question of how important reporting on COVID is.  

21 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I wouldn't call it petty at all.  JW said those who think this issue isn't important don't listen and instead say "lalalalala."   Not wanting to argue the point, but wanting to be clear that I was one of those who doesn't think the issue is important, I simply repeated JW's words.  

It was just a way to say which side I was on.  Remember, JW's original complaint about what I said wasn't about the importance of COVID, it was about some things I said about how journalism.   Until I posted by lala, I hadn't entered the fray on the question of how important reporting on COVID is.  

I am not trying to argue either like I said your posts are excellent. This take not so much.

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

The pettiness started by @john wawrow? Feel free to call him on it now that you cleared it up with Shaw. 👍

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

The pettiness started by @john wawrow? Feel free to call him on it now that you cleared it up with Shaw. 👍

Bro you know nothing of what JW’s job requires or entails. @GunnerBill tried to explain it before Wawrow hopped into the thread but I guess you still don’t get it. Not my job to explain it any further. JW wasn’t being petty he was trying to educate shaw in how stupid he sounded in this thread. That’s it. 

And again, as I’ve said to @Shaw66 already, I love his stuff especially the recaps. I can tell he actually watches the games and understands football, unlike @Virgil

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1