Is Khalil Mack available in a trade? Should we have interest?

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

So be specific - how many #1 picks is whatever?

Good question, and it depends how you look at it I guess.  A few years ago I was shoveling my car out of the driveway after a huge snowstorm.  At that moment, a snowblower would have been worth $1000 to me.  I can buy one today for $300, but I haven't done it.  It's 80 degrees and sunny, so my perspective is different.  

When the Bills couldn't get any pressure on Mahomes during the AFCCG, I'm guessing most fans would have been willing to pay multiple first round picks for a guy like Mack in that moment.  Now that it's the off season, people get a little tighter with the purse strings.

What I do know is that I've watched that game enough times that I'm supremely confident that Buffalo is going to struggle to slow down Kansas City until they get a true MFer who can put Mahomes on his ass.  I don't think that guy was on the roster.  The draft tells me that Beane agrees with me.  Personally, I'd take Mack over Epenesa, Basham, and Rousseau (for 2021 at least).

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Good question, and it depends how you look at it I guess.  A few years ago I was shoveling my car out of the driveway after a huge snowstorm.  At that moment, a snowblower would have been worth $1000 to me.  I can buy one today for $300, but I haven't done it.  It's 80 degrees and sunny, so my perspective is different.  

When the Bills couldn't get any pressure on Mahomes during the AFCCG, I'm guessing most fans would have been willing to pay multiple first round picks for a guy like Mack in that moment.  Now that it's the off season, people get a little tighter with the purse strings.

What I do know is that I've watched that game enough times that I'm supremely confident that Buffalo is going to struggle to slow down Kansas City until they get a true MFer who can put Mahomes on his ass.  I don't think that guy was on the roster.  The draft tells me that Beane agrees with me.  Personally, I'd take Mack over Epenesa, Basham, and Rousseau (for 2021 at least).

lmfao um yeah you think

On 6/2/2021 at 3:34 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

His re-structured contract is basically untradable for the Bears.  $38m in dead cap... even spread over 2 years is insane.  Acquiring team would only have $2m cap hit for Mack in 2021.  Not happening.  

Maybe it’s another restructuring, then trade lol, seems impossible, but if it was, I’d trade next years 1st and 3rd for him.

On 6/3/2021 at 12:13 PM, Billl said:

I’m saying watch Epenesa this season. He started to flash at the end. 

Milano, Dawkins, Oliver and Mack have the same agent and Mack has apparently become close to Trubisky. So there is a BIlls connection. If Mack doesnt want to waste the best years of his life playing for a non-contender, gains from trade can be had for all sides. It will be in the Bears', Bills' and Mack's interest. The only sticking point is - does the Chicago top brass think they will be competitive this season with Dalton at QB? 

If they do, then a Khalil Mack trade will likely only happen after they lose in the first few weeks.

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Milano, Dawkins, Oliver and Mack have the same agent and Mack has apparently become close to Trubisky. So there is a BIlls connection. If Mack doesnt want to waste the best years of his life playing for a non-contender, gains from trade can be had for all sides. It will be in the Bears', Bills' and Mack's interest. The only sticking point is - does the Chicago top brass think they will be competitive this season with Dalton at QB? 

If they do, then a Khalil Mack trade will likely only happen after they lose in the first few weeks.

I'd say that the fact that the Bills are a few wheel barrows full of salary cap spending money short of affording Mack this year has more to do with it than anything else.

Next year? Addison and Hughes will be gone, and Mack makes all the sense in the world. Come on home, Khalil!!

6 hours ago, DJB said:

Has anyone actually watched Mack the past year or so? He's not the same player he once was. 

That is because in the Chicago system the past couple of years, he has been asked to drop into coverage more. He is arguably the best one-man wrecking crew east of the Sierra Madre.

2020 rating 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/khalil-mack/8640

Ranked first among Edge defenders going into 2021

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-edge-defender-rankings-the-32-best-players-entering-the-2021-nfl-season

But we all know pff can be wrong :). Here is someone who played against him in 2020

And just for fun:

• Like (+1) 1