Critical Race Theory

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Our slavery was a race based system 

That's true....but it was not created to perpetuate some deep seated racism. As someone else here already said, it based on the economics of needing cheap labor.  Which is the same reason why the Jewish people were forced to build bricks for Pharaoh.  It's been the same with different people(s) all throughout history.  With the advent of the Industrial Revolution, and the significant lessening of the need for a large, manual labor force....things have changed. It's pretty simple really.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

That's true....but it was not created to perpetuate some deep seated racism. As someone else here already said, it based on the economics of needing cheap labor.   

Not true. Racism was used to divide the working class. Bacon's rebellion saw white and black people working together and so the laws were changed so that blacks became permanent slaves. 

This idea that economics can explain away racism is just silly. They could of just paid them like they paid the whites, but they used racism to not to have to pay them. 

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Not true. Racism was used to divide the working class. Bacon's rebellion saw white and black people working together and so the laws were changed so that blacks became permanent slaves. 

This idea that economics can explain away racism is just silly. They could of just paid them like they paid the whites, but they used racism to not to have to pay them. 

Economics doesn’t explain away racism you dolt.  It explains why people are taken advantage of.  You know how you love your cheap labor coming across our southern border.  Funny how you’re AOK with that. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You bring up a good historical reference and come to the complete wrong conclusion. The ruling elites did not care about separating Blacks and Whites until it threatened their financial interests, then they used race to cement their own financial well being. Also why pay someone when you can make excuses about race to get it for free? 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You bring up a good historical reference and come to the complete wrong conclusion. The ruling elites did not care about separating Blacks and Whites until it threatened their financial interests, then they used race to cement their own financial well being. Also why pay someone when you can make excuses about race to get it for free? 

Holding slaves was not without cost to the slave owner. They provided clothing, housing, food, etc. That doesn’t make it good, but the labor wasn’t free. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

There’s clearly some truth to that but I think this entire debate is akin to the chicken and the egg. I’ve yet to read a single opinion on here defending either slavery or racism…so I remain confused as to what you want anyone to say.

Edited by SoCal Deek

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Holding slaves was not without cost to the slave owner. They provided clothing, housing, food, etc. That doesn’t make it good, but the labor wasn’t free. 

There’s clearly some truth to that but I think this entire debate is akin to the chicken and the egg. I’ve yet to read a single opinion on here defending either slavery or racism…so I remain confused as to what you want anyone to say.

The south started the Civil War because they could not get their way with slavery policy. That's what we are talking about. 

27 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The south started the Civil War because they could not get their way with slavery policy. That's what we are talking about. 

Did anyone say something else? Where you’re getting pushback is that I believe many on here think you’re pushing the notion that the south was desperate to institutionalize “racism”. While similar, it’s not the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Did anyone say something else? Where you’re getting pushback is that I believe many on here think you’re pushing the notion that the south was desperate to institutionalize “racism”. While similar, it’s not the same. 

Racism was a key cause of the worst war in American history 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Let’s say it was….now skip ahead in your textbook and you’ll see that the non racist side WON!!! 

After terrible losses and then it went to Jim Crow, based up Critical Race attitudes. 

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

After terrible losses and then it went to Jim Crow, based up Critical Race attitudes. 

You’re living in a time warp. Would you suggest that nobody in the US travel to Germany? Should Germany not be a member of NATO? That nation’s racially motivated extermination plan resulted in the murder of millions of innocent people…and all of that happened in just the last century. Do we ask Germany to take a knee at the Olympic Games? At the World Cup? Where is ANY of this going? There are no slave owners alive today and a good portion of the United States wasn’t even part of the country during the Civil War. And…a good portion of the part that was actually fought and DIED to confront and defeat it. Enough already!!!!

Edited by SoCal Deek

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hey @Tiberius - told ya.

They always bail.  They are only conditioned so far to take a debate.

Meanwhile - can you believe what the democrats did again? 

Banning all these books?

Cc: @Doc

do you have the cliff notes on #41?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Hey @Tiberius - told ya.

They always bail.  They are only conditioned so far to take a debate.

Meanwhile - can you believe what the democrats did again? 

Banning all these books?

Cc: @Doc

Ha. Of all people to give people ***** regarding lack of debate.  You wouldn’t know how to debate if it hit you in the face. 

Carry on lack of awareness boy. 🙄

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ha. Of all people to give people ***** regarding lack of debate.  You wouldn’t know how to debate if it hit you in the face. 

Carry on lack of awareness boy. 🙄

Jim‼️‼️‼️‼️- you’re always there to bail out your keepers. 

And Jim - I don’t shy away from debate and you know it

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Jim‼️‼️‼️‼️- you’re always there to bail out your keepers. 

And Jim - I don’t shy away from debate and you know it

Oh for crying out loud. You shy away from debate constantly.  You cry “oh rabbit hole” “you only ask questions!!!”   Dude…..that’s a ***** debate.   Maybe try it sometime. 

Let’s start now ok?

Who are my keepers and how am I bailing them out?  

32 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh for crying out loud. You shy away from debate constantly.  You cry “oh rabbit hole” “you only ask questions!!!”   Dude…..that’s a ***** debate.   Maybe try it sometime. 

Let’s start now ok?

Who are my keepers and how am I bailing them out?  

See? You don't debate. You deflect and jump right into the weeds on irrelevant topics.