Critical Race Theory

Just now, B-Man said:

Adults CAN and do have different ideas about things.

Indeed - which is why they study multiple theories of education in university. One of them is CRT.

GASP

8 minutes ago, 716er said:

Proof CRT is a boogeyman above and in socals post - y’all can’t agree on WTF it even is.

Class dismissed 

Of course we can't agree.  Some of the smartest minds out there (black and white) can't agree on what it is and what it represents.  Hence our concern (AGAIN) of it potentially being taught to children.  

You close your ears/eyes/mind by dismissing class.  Leave the debate to the adults.  

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, someone wrote a book? So? 

Still no showing it used in classroom? 

We're concerned with how it will be presented and in my mind we have every reason to be.  Sorry you (and the others) can't wrap you minds around that. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Oh, someone wrote a book? So? 

Still no showing it used in classroom? 

Oh my God in heaven !

You kids are beyond help.

"You can't show me any example"?

Well here are some parents and organizations across the country who are fighting against CRT.

"I don't know if those are real parents"

Well, here are schoolbooks that are being used by teachers across the country.

How do I know if those are real"?

Hopeless Charlie Brown, simply hopeless...........

9 minutes ago, 716er said:

Indeed - which is why they study multiple theories of education in university. One of them is CRT.

GASP

Indeed.

Except we are discussing the continued introduction of Critical Race Theory into our High Schools and Elementary Schools.

GROAN.

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Of course we can't agree.  Some of the smartest minds out there (black and white) can't agree on what it is and what it represents.  Hence our concern (AGAIN) of it potentially being taught to children.  

Lol

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Oh my God in heaven !

Well here are some parents and organizations across the country who are fighting against CRT.

Those parents and orgs fighting CRT might as well be fighting the Flying Spaghetti Monster 

3 minutes ago, 716er said:

Lol

Go on........

Those parents and orgs fighting CRT might as well be fighting the Flying Spaghetti Monster 

Would you be content with religion being taught in schools?

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Go on........

Would you be content with religion being taught in schools?

I am content with teaching the philosophies, histories, and roles of religion throughout the ancient to modern eras, yes. (It’s already taught, Jimbo).

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Oh my God in heaven !

Indeed.

Except we are discussing the continued introduction of Critical Race Theory into our High Schools and Elementary Schools.

GROAN.

No, showing covers of books doesn’t mean anything. You still got nothing 

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You close your ears/eyes/mind by dismissing class.  Leave the debate to the adults.  

We're concerned with how it will be presented and in my mind we have every reason to be.  Sorry you (and the others) can't wrap you minds around that. 

How is it being presented? What are teachers teaching the kids that upset you? I mean concern you?

I am content with teaching the philosophies, histories, and roles of religion throughout the ancient to modern eras, yes. (It’s already taught, Jimbo).

Is there a large segment of the population that doesn't feel the way you do about religion being taught in schools? 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Is there a large segment of the population that doesn't feel the way you do about religion being taught in schools? 

There’s a difference between religion being taught in schools and learning about religion in school.

The former few people agree with, the latter most do, unless as you imply, a large segment disagrees. Can you link that data?

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

How is it being presented? What are teachers teaching the kids that upset you? I mean concern you?

Good ***** Lord.  Again for the 12,000th time it's not how it IS being taught.  It's how it COULD BE taught by teachers with an agenda/narrative.  That is could very likely be taught in a way that is divisive.  Do you not think that is a legitimate concern?   

Just now, 716er said:

There’s a difference between religion being taught in schools and learning about religion in school.

The former few people agree with, the latter most do, unless as you imply, a large segment disagrees. Can you link that data?

I'm talking religion being taught in schools.  Why do few people want religion taught in schools? 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Good ***** Lord.  Again for the 12,000th time it's not how it IS being taught.  It's how it COULD BE taught by teachers with an agenda/narrative.  That is could very likely be taught in a way that is divisive.  Do you not think that is a legitimate concern?   

If you could give an example of what you are concerned about it might help me evaluate what concerns you. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If you could give an example of what you are concerned about it might help me evaluate what concerns you. 

This didn't take long.........

https://www.heritage.org/education/commentary/im-former-teacher-heres-how-your-children-are-getting-indoctrinated-leftist

1 minute ago, 716er said:

Separation of church and state

That's would be great if that's what the separation of church and state were about.  Try again.  

Edited by Chef Jim

Anything that is supposed to divide us should not be taught in schools

Let alone something that is far from an actual fact

Bringing up race all day and every day just divides the races more

And you know what. There's actually only one race. The Human race and that's a fact , not an opinion 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1