Critical Race Theory

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

She talked about teaching about slavery and went from there. CRT attacks are, in part, being used to stop the truth from being taught 

What important truth does CRT cover that my American history class did not cover? 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

What important truth does CRT cover that my American history class did not cover? 

It the truth that the slavery was the cause of our most terrible war. The south fought to defend and expand slavery. There is a lot of resistance to that basic fact 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

It the truth that the slavery was the cause of our most terrible war. The south fought to defend and expand slavery. There is a lot of resistance to that basic fact 

Not really a thing that is denied, it truly is deeper than just slavery but it is the  proximate cause as covered by the Simpsons in the early 90s.

https://youtu.be/_Q--iGgtRn8

oh, it is denied 

so you agree racism caused our biggest national disaster? 

racism as a cause = not true

slavery as primary cause = true

other causes: economic interests, cultural values, the power of the federal government to control the states

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

other causes: economic interests, cultural values, the power of the federal government to control the states

slavery was based upon racism. You are going in circles. Why did the south not like a strong federal government? Slavery. That's basic. 

All your other reason, either incorrect or really inconsequential. 

Where do you think the south's common cultural values flowed from? Slavery maybe?  

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait…you believe the reason why there’s been slavery for thousands of years of human history was because of racism? 

American slavery did not exist for thousands of years. 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

slavery was based upon racism. You are going in circles. Why did the south not like a strong federal government? Slavery. That's basic. 

Where do you think the south's common cultural values flowed from? Slavery maybe?  

I was unaware that Moses was a black American- mind blown! Few people in the north liked the strong federal government but why bother with facts. Lastly can you find someone outside of Twitter trolls who actually say that slavery was not the proximate cause?

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So it’s your theory that a bunch of racist southern white dudes said ‘hey…we hate black people, let’s sail to the other side of the world and get some black people we can abuse’? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

you're the one going in circles. You're making an empirical statement that slavery was based upon racism. 

Slavery was first & foremost a economic issue, as slave labor was the engine of southern agrarian economy.

My other reasons were neither incorrect nor inconsequential. A basic Google search will show this for you.

https://www.thoughtco.com/top-causes-of-the-civil-war-104532

Not sure why you are willingly ignorant that there were associated/ancillary causes of the Civil War. You're ignoring basic history.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

you're the one going in circles. You're making an empirical statement that slavery was based upon racism. 

Slavery was first & foremost a economic issue, as slave labor was the engine of southern agrarian economy.

My other reasons were neither incorrect nor inconsequential. A basic Google search will show this for you.

Not sure why you are willingly ignorant that there were associated/ancillary causes of the Civil War. You're ignoring basic history.

Let me just get this right, you are claiming that slavery was not based upon a racial doctrine of white superiority? 

Let’s just handle that first 

But the origins of American slavery did exist for hundreds of years in West Africa before the first Portuguese settlements appeared on the scene.  And the practice was facilitated by Arab slave traders working with African tribes and kingdoms that captured and sold other Africans into slavery.  With the initial Western Hemisphere market being South American and Caribbean sugar plantations.   And later the U.S. south.

I'm curious to know if CRT's version of the origin and practice of slavery indict both Arab and black African participants in the practice and include them in the theories oppressor/oppressed social model?  Or is their involvement overlooked or does the stories timeline start later?  

5 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Oh and I laughed at your google search 

Ya, I’ll show you who is ignorant. 

This will be fun 

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

But the origins of American slavery did exist for hundreds of years in West Africa before the first Portuguese settlements appeared on the scene.  And the practice was facilitated by Arab slave traders working with African tribes and kingdoms that captured and sold other Africans into slavery.  With the initial Western Hemisphere market being South American and Caribbean sugar plantations.   And later the U.S. south.

I'm curious to know if CRT's version of the origin and practice of slavery indict both Arab and black African participants in the practice and include them in the theories oppressor/oppressed social model?  Or is their involvement overlooked or does the stories timeline start later?  

So, if someone was teaching about the fugitive slave act--part of a compromise to keep union together--you would simply deflect to blaming people from thousands of years before? 

Deflect on the issue. 

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So it’s your theory that a bunch of racist southern white dudes said ‘hey…we hate black people, let’s sail to the other side of the world and get some black people we can abuse’? 

We were talking about causes of civil war 

26 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh and I laughed at your google search 

Ya, I’ll show you who is ignorant. 

This will be fun 

So, if someone was teaching about the fugitive slave act--part of a compromise to keep union together--you would simply deflect to blaming people from thousands of years before? 

Deflect on the issue. 

We were talking about causes of civil war 

You’re laughing at me while you show your stupidity claiming that slavery was the only cause the Civil War.

Your irony is lost on you. I’m the one laughing now.

Just now, BuffaninSarasota said:

You’re laughing at me while you show your stupidity claiming that slavery was the only cause the Civil War.

Your irony is lost on you. I’m the one laughing now.

It was the only cause that mattered. You are ignorant of the history, obviously. You obviously have no basic knowledge of the events leading up to the war, isn't that true?

Have you even read a biography of Lincoln? 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It was the only cause that mattered. You are ignorant of the history, obviously. You obviously have no basic knowledge of the events leading up to the war, isn't that true?

Have you even read a biography of Lincoln? 

In your opinion, it was the only cause that mattered. You are showing your ignorance stating this as a fact.

how am ignorant of history when I post basic Information from a linked  source?

you’re showing a weirdly obtuse stubbornness basic on opinion, not fact 

and yes, I’m fairly educated on that part of our history.

you have a great night !

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
Edit

1 minute ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

In your opinion, it was the only cause that mattered. You are showing your ignorance stating this as a fact.

how am ignorant of history when I post basic Information from a linked  sources.

you’re showing a weirdly obtuse stubbornness basic on opinion, not fact 

and yes, I’m fairly educated on that part of our history.

you have a great night !

The facts support my opinion. 

I cannot believe you are well educated on the history of a time period littered with fights over slavery and secession and say secession wasn't primarily about slavery. It is totally obvious. 

Night man 

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

@Tiberiuscan you not see I stated slavery as the primary cause of the Civil War?

seriously - you can’t understand this was my position ?

• Like (+1) 1