Critical Race Theory

IS CRITICAL RACE THEORY ILLEGAL?

Teaching critical race theory in the public schools is immoral, but it is legal unless the legislature in a given state has banned it. On the other hand, for an employer to inflict CRT training on employees against their will can be legally problematic. And even in the public schools, promoting CRT while discriminating against expression of other viewpoints may violate the First Amendment.

Today the Upper Midwest Law Center, fresh off its victory over the City of Minneapolis, in a case in which a state court judge ordered Minneapolis to hire more police officers to comply with that city’s charter, held a press conference to announce several new legal actions, all related in some way to critical race theory. 

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/07/is-critical-race-theory-illegal.php

https://www.umwlc.org/

25 minutes ago, John Adams said:

image.png.eb37a31ac193100b9fce2af91071e3d1.png.0b584c43df7ac1c5cfac099d9cc5fabe.png

How to Fit In

[M]aking friends is a difficult task for people of all ages. At times you find it especially hard to fit in, remember these tips to help you become more socially accepted.

https://www.wikihow.com/Fit-In

So what's your secret for friend making?  Should I start following people around and calling them shltposters?  Making fun of their age?   Just be an all around delta bravo?  Please learn this dolt good, mr pres...

1 minute ago, Tenhigh said:

So what's your secret for friend making?  Should I start following people around and calling them shltposters?  Making fun of their age?   Just be an all around delta bravo?  Please learn this dolt good, mr pres...

This board is a s--posting board. Has been for a long time.

Embrace it: You're swimming in the turd stew. Crapping in the punch bowl is how this place rolls. 

Just now, John Adams said:

Embrace it: You're swimming in the turd stew. Crapping in the punch bowl is how this place rolls. 

Doesn't need to be, maybe try stop pushing it so far that way?

2 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Doesn't need to be, maybe try stop pushing it so far that way?

It's definitely better than when posters logged in under a dead guy's account and started making jokes, or when people celebrated a poster who was a child sex offender. Maybe you have a point. This place is great!

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

It's definitely better than when posters logged in under a dead guy's account and started making jokes, or when people celebrated a poster who was a child sex offender. Maybe you have a point. This place is great!

I didn't say it was great, only suggested that you stop making it worse. 

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/07/27/when-teachers-say-dont-tell-your-parents-theres-a-big-problem-n404821

When teachers say "don't tell your parents" there's a big problem

Something has gone very wrong at Riverview intermediate school in the Sartell-St. Stephen School District in Minnesota, and likely in many other public schools around the nation. Earlier this year, a class of 4th-grade students was given an “equity survey” to complete by their teacher. The survey focused on issues of race (as in Critical Race Theory) and gender. The gender questions had nothing to do with medical science or human reproduction, instead, asking these children which gender they “identified” as. When at least two of the students pointed out that they were confused and wanted to ask their parents about these questions, the really alarming part of this story unfolded. They were told that they were not allowed to mention the survey to their parents or repeat the questions on the survey to anyone else.

{snip}

This survey wasn’t even generated by the school. It was created by Equity Alliance MN and somehow pushed into the school’s agenda with no discussion involving the families of the students. The slogan of Equity Alliance MN is “Leading culturally relevant learning since 1995.”

In addition to all of the Critical Race Theory nonsense, one question asked these children the following: “Do you currently identify yourself as female, male, transgender (transgender people have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from their assigned sex. For example, they were born male but now identify as female), or something else?”

This is a group of fourth graders! What sort of theory of education leads a school to begin jamming confusing issues like that into their heads at that age?

None of that is as bad as the instructions to keep this secret from the students’ parents, however. Whenever you hear someone telling a child “don’t tell your mommy or daddy,” one thing comes to mind. This is what child abusers say. This is what criminals say. This is what you say to children when you know you are doing something wrong.

It’s bad enough that our public schools have already become cultural indoctrination centers where parental participation in setting the curriculum is limited. But now we’re seeing situations where the parents are being intentionally shut out of what’s going on in the classroom. Questions of sexuality and racism need to be addressed by the parents at whatever age they find appropriate to do so. These are not decisions for the teachers’ unions or some “equity alliance” to make in back rooms while hiding their activities from the families.

Is it any wonder that homeschooling more than doubled during the pandemic? 

More at the link above.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/23/2021 at 1:56 PM, All_Pro_Bills said:

So I'm watching a short segment on Carlson with professed liberal comedian Jimmy Dore.  Found his perspective interesting.  His somewhat outside-the-box assessment might be worth a look regardless of your perspectives here. 

His basic premise is the left used to focus on discussions concerning economic disparities and issues.  But now all discussions are centered around identify politics.  And the reason for that is the establishment has found a way to co-op the progressive movement including capturing the discussions on identity and race issues, and  as a result it has avoiding discussions on economics and left them free to loot and pillage society without any focus on those activities.  All these discussions on things like CRT are just smoke and mirror diversions.    

"You want to help black people then give them free college, a living wage, medicare for all.  What did Biden do?  Made Juneteenth a holiday and gave government workers another day off".

So is this the game here?  Simple misdirection?  You've got elite billionaires, cultural & social elites, intellectual elites, elite corporate CEO's & BOD's, elite politicians, and I should add the military industrial complex.  All beating the drum of racism.  All getting rich while the rest of us, black, white, brown, run faster and faster while falling behind.  While they redirect the focus away from themselves and on to the average guy in the street.  Its not their fault their collective elite class is so well off and everyone else is not.  its the fault of all those damn white supremacists, all white people, except them of course while paying off the attack dogs on the left to steer clear of them and find other targets.  Pitting the citizens against one another, the identified oppressor and the oppressed fighting against each other over table scraps while leaving them free to do pretty much what they want.  Unnoticed and getting away with it.  Robbing us all blind while our backs are turned faced off against one another.

I think this guy is on to some good insights.  I bookmarked his site.

This is a fairly mainstream message among left-wing populists. I mention it briefly in this thread (see: bottom of page 20, my post, last paragraph). Thomas Frank gives the most articulate and thorough description of the message in books like “What’s the Matter with Kansas” or “Listen, Liberal.” For those who really want to understand modern American progressivism, I would also recommend checking out these three books if you haven’t already: “Manufacturing Consent” by Noam Chomsky, “The Shock Doctrine” by Naomi Klein, and “Griftopia” by Matt Taibbi.

I’m familiar with Jimmy Dore because he was Tulsi Gabbard’s most prominent advocate during her 2020 presidential campaign. I’ll attempt to summarize his political philosophy in an easy-to-read list form:

1. Reaganomics has failed the working class.

2. America is an imperialist nation.

3. Republicans and Democrats are a one-party corporate oligarchy run by sociopaths.

4. With the help of corporate media, both parties use culture war issues like CRT to divide and politically weaken the working class.

5. The Democratic Party is far more dangerous to the progressive movement because one of its main intents is to co-opt and then defuse progressive political energy.

6. The 96 Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) members (including Bernie and The Squad) serve the same role on the left as Donald Trump does on the right: corral enough gullible voters into the two-party political duopoly and get them to think they are actually fighting the “establishment.”

7. Because the Democratic Party is inherently corrupt and unreformable, it must be pushed left and eventually destroyed from outside pressure (third parties, mass protests, and worker strikes).

8. Left-wing populists and right-wing populists must somehow unite if they want to stand any chance at defeating the plutocracy.

While most progressives believe #1 and #2 to be true, there is considerable debate within the movement regarding #3-8.

I have slowly come to agree with all 8 points. For me, the very last straw was the deafening silence from the CPC in support of last Saturday’s nation-wide “March for Medicare For All.” I attended the one at Washington Square Park in downtown Manhattan. The crowd wasn’t nearly as big as I had hoped. If national progressive Democrats actually cared about what they profess to believe, they would be doing everything they can to constantly push Biden and neoliberal Dems left on major issues like health care. But I strongly suspect they don’t. Their individual political careers and the wealth that come with it apparently matter more to them than fighting for the concerns of ordinary Americans.

Interesting post, All_Pro_Bills! I’m shocked at your open-mindedness. It’s not common in this childish hellhole of a subforum.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

WHY CRITICAL RACE THEORY NOW ?

bob-moses.jpg?resize=110,85&ssl=1

Bob Moses, the civil rights leader, died a few days ago. He led voter registration drives in Mississippi during the 1960s and later founded the Algebra Project to teach math to Black students in rural areas and inner cities.

Moses didn’t believe math is racist. He believed that math literacy “is the tool to elevate the young into the first class economically.”

How did the civil rights movement devolve from Bob Moses’ vision to that of Critical Race Theory (CRT)? CRT has been kicking around in the academy since at least the early 1980s, albeit in more interesting and sophisticated forms than its present incarnation. Why has it just now taken center stage in the quest for Black advancement?

The most obvious answers are frustration and anger. Frustration at the fact that doing the things, such as mastering math, that will “elevate young Blacks into the first class economically” has proven very difficult. Anger that Blacks, to a disproportionate extent, aren’t moving into that class.

In its present form, CRT is, in essence, two things — a theory and a demand. The theory is that Whites are to blame for Blacks not succeeding to the same extent as Whites. The demand is that Blacks be rewarded as if they have succeeded to that extent.

It’s easy to understand the psychology of CRT’s theory and demand. But as a strategy for advancement, CRT seems badly misguided even on its own premise. America isn’t likely to accept the demonization of a majority (or a plurality) of its population, and it certainly won’t if the premise that Whites overwhelmingly are racist is true.

American isn’t a racist country. Americans overwhelmingly oppose discrimination based on race. Many are even willing to confer some benefits and privileges on Blacks based on race, and some benefits/privileges have been conferred on that basis. But not to the extent the CRT movement demands.

More at the link: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/07/why-critical-race-theory-now.php

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/07/a_kentucky_school_district_is_promoting_antiracist_mathematics.html

A Kentucky school district is promoting anti-racist mathematics

By Andrea Widburg

Seeing as Algebra is Arabic and Trigonometry is Greek it seems rather ignorant to discuss math as a "white" topic. The first topic promoted by white guys is Calculus, and not many people of any races are good at that.

On 7/27/2021 at 11:23 AM, John Adams said:

hypocrite. it's only a ***** posting board because they haven't banned the posters that hurt your feelings.

bitchers bitching about bitchers are the worst.

Edited by Unforgiven

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

WHY CRITICAL RACE THEORY NOW ?

bob-moses.jpg?resize=110,85&ssl=1

Bob Moses, the civil rights leader, died a few days ago. He led voter registration drives in Mississippi during the 1960s and later founded the Algebra Project to teach math to Black students in rural areas and inner cities.

Moses didn’t believe math is racist. He believed that math literacy “is the tool to elevate the young into the first class economically.”

How did the civil rights movement devolve from Bob Moses’ vision to that of Critical Race Theory (CRT)? CRT has been kicking around in the academy since at least the early 1980s, albeit in more interesting and sophisticated forms than its present incarnation. Why has it just now taken center stage in the quest for Black advancement?

The most obvious answers are frustration and anger. Frustration at the fact that doing the things, such as mastering math, that will “elevate young Blacks into the first class economically” has proven very difficult. Anger that Blacks, to a disproportionate extent, aren’t moving into that class.

In its present form, CRT is, in essence, two things — a theory and a demand. The theory is that Whites are to blame for Blacks not succeeding to the same extent as Whites. The demand is that Blacks be rewarded as if they have succeeded to that extent.

It’s easy to understand the psychology of CRT’s theory and demand. But as a strategy for advancement, CRT seems badly misguided even on its own premise. America isn’t likely to accept the demonization of a majority (or a plurality) of its population, and it certainly won’t if the premise that Whites overwhelmingly are racist is true.

American isn’t a racist country. Americans overwhelmingly oppose discrimination based on race. Many are even willing to confer some benefits and privileges on Blacks based on race, and some benefits/privileges have been conferred on that basis. But not to the extent the CRT movement demands.

More at the link: https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/07/why-critical-race-theory-now.php

What do we want? Money!

When do we want it? Now!

That pretty much sums up it. You don’t need a PhD to understand what’s at the core of this whole thing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:49 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Seeing as Algebra is Arabic and Trigonometry is Greek it seems rather ignorant to discuss math as a "white" topic. The first topic promoted by white guys is Calculus, and not many people of any races are good at that.

Well, my experience is that Calculus  seems to be an Asian  mathematical field. 😀 In my college calculus class they skewed the curve. 20 and below was  B-F while 20 and above was an A. The only As were the Asian students in the class.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:26 AM, ComradeKayAdams said:

This is a fairly mainstream message among left-wing populists. I mention it briefly in this thread (see: bottom of page 20, my post, last paragraph). Thomas Frank gives the most articulate and thorough description of the message in books like “What’s the Matter with Kansas” or “Listen, Liberal.” For those who really want to understand modern American progressivism, I would also recommend checking out these three books if you haven’t already: “Manufacturing Consent” by Noam Chomsky, “The Shock Doctrine” by Naomi Klein, and “Griftopia” by Matt Taibbi.

I’m familiar with Jimmy Dore because he was Tulsi Gabbard’s most prominent advocate during her 2020 presidential campaign. I’ll attempt to summarize his political philosophy in an easy-to-read list form:

1. Reaganomics has failed the working class.

2. America is an imperialist nation.

3. Republicans and Democrats are a one-party corporate oligarchy run by sociopaths.

4. With the help of corporate media, both parties use culture war issues like CRT to divide and politically weaken the working class.

5. The Democratic Party is far more dangerous to the progressive movement because one of its main intents is to co-opt and then defuse progressive political energy.

6. The 96 Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) members (including Bernie and The Squad) serve the same role on the left as Donald Trump does on the right: corral enough gullible voters into the two-party political duopoly and get them to think they are actually fighting the “establishment.”

7. Because the Democratic Party is inherently corrupt and unreformable, it must be pushed left and eventually destroyed from outside pressure (third parties, mass protests, and worker strikes).

8. Left-wing populists and right-wing populists must somehow unite if they want to stand any chance at defeating the plutocracy.

While most progressives believe #1 and #2 to be true, there is considerable debate within the movement regarding #3-8.

I have slowly come to agree with all 8 points. For me, the very last straw was the deafening silence from the CPC in support of last Saturday’s nation-wide “March for Medicare For All.” I attended the one at Washington Square Park in downtown Manhattan. The crowd wasn’t nearly as big as I had hoped. If national progressive Democrats actually cared about what they profess to believe, they would be doing everything they can to constantly push Biden and neoliberal Dems left on major issues like health care. But I strongly suspect they don’t. Their individual political careers and the wealth that come with it apparently matter more to them than fighting for the concerns of ordinary Americans.

Interesting post, All_Pro_Bills! I’m shocked at your open-mindedness. It’s not common in this childish hellhole of a subforum.

#3 and #6 are the most important for everyone to learn to see imo.