Critical Race Theory

Sen. Josh Hawley Calls Critical Race Theory ‘State Sanctioned Racism’.

hes-right-you-know.jpg.fee450fd0eb6268ed

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/06/sen-josh-hawley-calls-critical-race-theory-state-sanctioned-racism/

I thought they weren't teaching it ?

GOOD: Iowa Teacher Loses Her Mind Because She Can’t Teach CRT Anymore.

They're not "your kids"

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/megan-fox/2021/06/23/watch-texas-teacher-loses-her-mind-online-because-she-cant-teach-divisive-political-indoctrination-anymore-n1456733

afb062421dAPR20210624044504.jpg

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

rashida-tlaib-ap-2.jpg

Rashida Tlaib explains that ‘opposition to Critical Race Theory is obviously rooted in racism,’ you racist dog whistlers

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/24/rashida-tlaib-explains-that-opposition-to-critical-race-theory-is-obviously-rooted-in-racism-you-racist-dog-whistlers/

I'm pretty sure that teaching people that one group of people, are systematically racist and oppressive... 

Is racist an oppressive in and of itself

• Agree 1

In the debate over the teaching of Critical Race Theory (CRT) in America’s classrooms, the left seems to be relying on two arguments: Critics of the theory don’t know what it is, and teachers are not teaching the theory to their students. The former is debatable, but this story demonstrates that the latter is not.

More than 4,000 teachers have signed a pledge to inject their lessons with elements of CRT even if their states ban the teaching. The pledge was created by the Zinn Education Project, which, according to its website, “promotes and supports the teaching of people’s history in classrooms across the country.”

Also from the organization’s website:

Our website offers free, downloadable lessons and articles organized by theme, time period, and grade level. Based on the approach to history highlighted in Howard Zinn’s best-selling book A People’s History of the United States, our teaching materials emphasize the role of working people, women, people of color, and organized social movements in shaping history.

If you are not familiar with historian Howard Zinn, he is the author of “The People’s History of the United States,” which tells a rather bleak version of American history. While some of his findings were accurate, many have taken issue with inaccuracies that have been popularized by the book.

On its website, the organization claims that “Lawmakers in at least 21 states are attempting to pass legislation that would require teachers to lie to students about the role of racism, sexism, heterosexism, and oppression throughout U.S. history.”

The group claims that states seeking to ban the teachings of CRT “aim to prohibit teachers from teaching the truth about this country: It was founded on dispossession of Native Americans, slavery, structural racism and oppressions; and structural racism is a defining characteristic of our society today.”

{snip}

The arguments that the Zinn Project brought up are part of the hard left’s contention that people who criticize CRT don’t know what it is. Because of this presumption, they seem to believe they can convince the public that Critical Race Theory is nothing more than teaching history. Thus, many have argued that the bills that would ban the theory would prevent teachers from teaching about America’s history of racism, especially as it pertains to slavery, Jim Crow, and other topics.

However, this claim is not entirely accurate. Those wishing to teach this form of woke theology borrow concepts from CRT and other schools of thought and inject them into their teaching. To put it simply, they are not teaching CRT per se, but they are taking components of the theory and infusing it into their lessons.

An example would be teachers who are giving their students lessons in which they are grouped into categories of “privileged,” “oppressors,” and “oppressed.” It is a blatant attempt to demean both white and black students due to the color of their skin. It is evident that there are far better ways to teach kids about these issues that don’t involve labeling them in a way that is disempowering.

Moreover, the existence of this pledge gives the lie to the notion that teachers are not teaching CRT in their classrooms. While the majority of educators do not seem to be engaging in this conduct, it is abundantly clear that many are, which is why the backlash against it is warranted for the most part.

The hard leftists defending CRT are relying on blatant untruths to do so. The question is: Will America see through it?

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2021/06/24/defenders-of-critical-race-theory-are-dishonest-lying-liars-who-want-to-deceive-america-n401930

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

rashida-tlaib-ap-2.jpg

Rashida Tlaib explains that ‘opposition to Critical Race Theory is obviously rooted in racism,’ you racist dog whistlers

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/24/rashida-tlaib-explains-that-opposition-to-critical-race-theory-is-obviously-rooted-in-racism-you-racist-dog-whistlers/

She's projecting.  And clearly playing defense with that flimsy explanation.  And on top of its she's plain ugly..

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

Critical Race Theory isn’t the problem, it’s the people who are afraid of it.

None of us are afraid of the theory.  You don’t get it do you?

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You make a few nice points here. I’ve listened to Ben as he tends to be what I look for highly intelligent and attempts to build argument with facts.  He’s is even more entertaining if you listen to his podcast at 1.5x speed for efficiency. 

while I disagree with a number of his views. I do like he isn’t R 100% party line, ie, very pro vaccination, liked Yang for NYC. 

Who would you recommend as a counter podcaster to him, that has opposing view points but argues the liberal perspective in the same 

Tbh, I don't really listen too much to the talking heads.  I used to be a big watcher of the Sunday morning news shows but I usually prefer sleeping in lol.  

While he isn't really on the same level/does the same line of work, one commentator I enjoy listening to is Bill Maher as well as the people he interviews on his show.  I don't have HBO, but he provides clips of key commentary on his YouTube page (and probably other social media as well).  

If you can get past his a-hole-ish demeanor, the reason why I like him is because he is a liberal and he generally doesn't ignore common sense.  

He ends his New Rule segment with a monologue and these clips are where you will often see him call out the left when he sees something as unreasonable.  Here's a recent one that's a pretty decent example:  

• Like (+1) 1

Again.

Those wishing to teach this form of woke theology borrow concepts from CRT and other schools of thought and inject them into their teaching. To put it simply, they are not teaching CRT per se, but they are taking components of the theory and infusing it into their lessons.

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

rashida-tlaib-ap-2.jpg

I thought that it was any opposition to the opposition of CRT was racist...😉

Anyone who labels an entire race of people as oppressors, is racist... if you’re judging people on their identity group instead of their individuality, that is the definition of racism...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

One of the maint tenants of the theory, the nearly 50 year old theory, is that the law enforcement and judicial systems are inherently racist.  It, from what I’ve read, provides little evidence that it’s true other than more blacks found themselves in the backs of police cars, in front of judges and behind bars than PONC.  Where are the smoking guns? The memos, the emails the recorded conversations that would have the proof.  They’ve had almost half a century to roll out the facts.  

Again I’m not afraid of the theory of critical race.  Nor am I afraid of the theory of relativity.  That’s not my concern.   

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

One of the maint tenants of the theory, the nearly 50 year old theory, is that the law enforcement and judicial systems are inherently racist.  It, from what I’ve read, provides little evidence that it’s true other than more blacks found themselves in the backs of police cars, in front of judges and behind bars than PONC.  Where are the smoking guns? The memos, the emails the recorded conversations that would have the proof.  They’ve had almost half a century to roll out the facts.  

Again I’m not afraid of the theory of critical race.  Nor am I afraid of the theory of relativity.  That’s not my concern.   

So Chef Jim....if that's what you think it's about then what comes next?  What do you think this is really all about?  I cannot possibly be that it ends with 'criminal justice reform'.  You're a smart Chef.  I know you don't believe that.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So Chef Jim....if that's what you think it's about then what comes next?  What do you think this is really all about?  I cannot possibly be that it ends with 'criminal justice reform'.  You're a smart Chef.  I know you don't believe that.

Excuse me?  What are you going on about? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What makes you think I believe it is? 

Because I pop on here now and again and read pages and pages of folks turning themselves in knots trying to combat this nonsense, as if that's what the promoters of this 'theory' actually believe or have in mind.  This has very little if anything do with race, and as long as they control the dialogue (and the 'arguments' against it) they are winning.  

Edited by SoCal Deek