Critical Race Theory

On 6/2/2021 at 2:18 PM, Tiberius said:

If the point of this theory is that racism of the past is reflected in the situation society is in now, then ya, that is just good history. 

"How did we get to now" is a basic question that historians have to answer. 

Thoughts?* 

*Please, make this your own thoughts. I know some people just want to cut and paste stuff from propagandists.  

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/9/2021 at 8:36 AM, Governor said:

I thought conservatives supported private schools teaching whatever they want. Should we eliminate Christian schools also?

Race theory isn’t being taught in the public school system.

yes, it is, and has been for some time. 

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

Not in NC or NJ it’s not. Can you show me where and show me the actual material being taught?

https://news.wbfo.org/post/your-story-textbooks-ours-isn-t-buffalo-schools-adopt-1619-project

This is the official curriculum which does not even touch on teachers who are openly hostile to the concept that any white man prior to 1900 was a terrible person.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://news.wbfo.org/post/your-story-textbooks-ours-isn-t-buffalo-schools-adopt-1619-project

This is the official curriculum which does not even touch on teachers who are openly hostile to the concept that any white man prior to 1900 was a terrible person.

So it’s just in certain urban districts in a few states? 

You guys are making it seem like it’s common across the country. The teachers I know don’t even know what it is.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So the million dollar question is if white people were the terrible ones up to the last 121 years then who are the terrible people now? We all know someone’s got to be terrible to keep the leftist aggrieved society going.

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This could make some black students really resent white people , not a good idea.

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

This could make some black students really resent white people , not a good idea.

It can also make white students resentful of white people.  

Seems to me that’s the plan—the latest variation of making one feel inadequate or guilty for historic inequities real or imagined.   It’s not new, it’s just people trying to saddle other people with their view of their world and how you should comport yourself in it. 

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So the million dollar question is if white people were the terrible ones up to the last 121 years then who are the terrible people now? We all know someone’s got to be terrible to keep the leftist aggrieved society going.

The democrat party.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

You guys are making it seem like it’s common across the country. The teachers I know don’t even know what it is.

You made a blanket statement about public schools. You were wrong. It’s ok, happens to the best of us. And we haven’t yet factored in how all public schools follow the large urban districts eventually. 

But even some schools that don’t teach it explicitly teach about “white supremacist power structures,” “intersectionality,” and “implicit bias,” all of which stem from CRT. Hell it’s wormed its way into my mandatory yearly training at work. 

Edited by LeviF

13 minutes ago, LeviF said:

You made a blanket statement about public schools. You were wrong. It’s ok, happens to the best of us. And we haven’t yet factored in how all public schools follow the large urban districts eventually. 

But even some schools that don’t teach it explicitly teach about “white supremacist power structures,” “intersectionality,” and “implicit bias,” all of which stem from CRT. Hell it’s wormed its way into my mandatory yearly training at work. 

The right should probably stop talking about it. If Americans took an honest look at the project itself, it would have majority support nationwide.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

It is the official standard being taught but since it is only a few places why worry? My biggest worry with the 1619 project is that is proven to be  false, but since only a few hundred thousand kids will be lied to I guess I am overreacting.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

It is the official standard being taught but since it is only a few places why worry? My biggest worry with the 1619 project is that is proven to be  false, but since only a few hundred thousand kids will be lied to I guess I am overreacting.

Which parts are untrue? This isn’t anywhere near as crazy as schools teaching that the 3/5 compromise was good for blacks, or climate denialism, or creationism.

Edited by Governor

I have no problem if it's taught the way the theory is laid out.  But it has morphed into a potentially a very divisive concept that points the finger at current white people as the problem.  That we are all racists or white supremacists.  Academia is run by mostly liberals and the teachers that have come out of our university system the past 10 years or so seem to have been taught that white Americans are the source of all the countries problems.  CRT has become Ethnic Studies which doesn't cover the history of race relations in this country as much as who is currently responsible for the current state of the lives of POC.  It lays no responsibility on them.  Sure the past influences things today but over time that influence diminishes and Academia appears to avoid that conversation completely.   

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It can also make white students resentful of white people.  

It CAN?  No it does!!   Have you not been paying attention?  The predominant color of those resenting white people are......white people  

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I have no problem if it's taught the way the theory is laid out.  But it has morphed into a potentially a very divisive concept that points the finger at current white people as the problem.  That we are all racists or white supremacists.  Academia is run by mostly liberals and the teachers that have come out of our university system the past 10 years or so seem to have been taught that white Americans are the source of all the countries problems.  CRT has become Ethnic Studies which doesn't cover the history of race relations in this country as much as who is currently responsible for the current state of the lives of POC.  It lays no responsibility on them.  Sure the past influences things today but over time that influence diminishes and Academia appears to avoid that conversation completely.   

It CAN?  No it does!!   Have you not been paying attention?  The predominant color of those resenting white people are......white people  

Per which far right rag?

Im still waiting for you or @B-Man to share how the Tulsa Massacre would be taught with and without CRT.

Lets hear it! 

28 minutes ago, Governor said:

Which parts are untrue? This isn’t anywhere near as crazy as schools teaching that the 3/5 compromise was good for blacks, or climate denialism, or creationism.

Why don't you tell me what you think is true about the 1619 project? The women who created it admitted it was not a history but a narrative. BTW who denies that we have a climate?