Critical Race Theory

If the point of this theory is that racism of the past is reflected in the situation society is in now, then ya, that is just good history. 

"How did we get to now" is a basic question that historians have to answer. 

Thoughts?* 

*Please, make this your own thoughts. I know some people just want to cut and paste stuff from propagandists.  

*This is the only "propagandist" that needs to be heard.

‘Not with MY children. It’s not gonna happen.’:

WATCH the best video we have seen YET opposing Critical Race Theory (and get tissues, trust us!)

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/06/01/not-with-my-children-its-not-gonna-happen-watch-the-best-video-we-have-seen-yet-opposing-critical-race-theory-and-get-tissues-trust-us/

I would hope that this thread could be used to really dissect CRT, not just fraudulent claims that Republicans are against teaching about slavery.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WATCH the best video we have seen YET opposing Critical Race Theory (and get tissues, trust us!)

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/06/01/not-with-my-children-its-not-gonna-happen-watch-the-best-video-we-have-seen-yet-opposing-critical-race-theory-and-get-tissues-trust-us/

I would hope that this thread could be used to really dissect CRT, not just fraudulent claims that Republicans are against teaching about slavery.

Can't you post anything directly related to it? Not someone else's opinion? A link to part of the theory, anything? 

Your video has nothing at all to do with history or how it’s taught. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Your video has nothing at all to do with history or how it’s taught. 

No one who watched the video, and understood where this father was coming from, would say that.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the Critical Race theory being forced upon children.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

It’s black people like this who are going to end up saving this country- for the SECOND time!!! God bless! 👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

If the point of this theory is that racism of the past is reflected in the situation society is in now, then ya, that is just good history. 

"How did we get to now" is a basic question that historians have to answer. 

Thoughts?* 

*Please, make this your own thoughts. I know some people just want to cut and paste stuff from propagandists.  

Here's a couple of my own thoughts:

If Japanese, German, and Italian descendants from the Axis Powers that fought a horrific war against Americans in the middle of the 20th Century can succeed today, then how is it that Blacks cannot overcome things that happened a century earlier?  

If middle eastern descendants from countries associated with flying planes into American buildings at the start of the 21st Century can succeed today, then how is it that Blacks cannot overcome things that happened a century earlier?  

If millions of African born present day immigrants can succeed today, then how is it that American Blacks cannot overcome things that happened a century earlier?  

Answer:  It has nothing to do with the go-to excuse of racism!  Success in America has everything to do with your willingness to stay married, study in school, and/or work hard.  Millions and millions of blacks have found the keys to that success. I know it's hard to read, but it's just like Diet and Exercise.  The keys are right out there in the open. They aren't buried in a secret vault somewhere. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18 hours ago, B-Man said:

No one who watched the video, and understood where this father was coming from, would say that.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the Critical Race theory being forced upon children.

He did not say anything at all about it. And that's the point. Ignore the reality and pretend something else. 

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here's a couple of my own thoughts:

If Japanese, German, and Italian descendants from the Axis Powers that fought a horrific war against Americans in the middle of the 20th Century can succeed today, then how is it that Blacks cannot overcome things that happened a century earlier?  

If middle eastern descendants from countries associated with flying planes into American buildings at the start of the 21st Century can succeed today, then how is it that Blacks cannot overcome things that happened a century earlier?  

If millions of African born present day immigrants can succeed today, then how is it that American Blacks cannot overcome things that happened a century earlier?  

Answer:  It has nothing to do with the go-to excuse of racism!  Success in America has everything to do with your willingness to stay married, study in school, and/or work hard.  Millions and millions of blacks have found the keys to that success. I know it's hard to read, but it's just like Diet and Exercise.  The keys are right out there in the open. They aren't buried in a secret vault somewhere. 

Black Americans have been here way longer than many of the descendants of immigrants, yet they are still living (in many instances) in poverty. At rates much higher than whites. Racism caused that. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Whitewash this....

In Texas, a struggle to memorialize a brutal lynching as resistance grows to teaching historical racism

"the rioters blasted the vault open, took Hughes’s body, chained it to a car and dragged it to the town’s Black business district, where they hung the body from a cottonwood tree, mutilated it and lit a fire beneath it before burning the commercial area down and warning Black residents to leave town."

17 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

yep- the data on this topic is crystal clear.

People who get married before having kids and work hard don’t live in poverty. 

People who don’t do these two things are likely to live in poverty. 

This fact transcends all racial categories. 

Not one of the alt left sheep here can refute  this. So they plug their ears and scream around it, like children. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

yep- the data on this topic is crystal clear.

People who get married before having kids and work hard don’t live in poverty. 

People who don’t do these two things are likely to live in poverty. 

This fact transcends all racial categories. 

Not one of the alt left sheep here can refute  this. So they plug their ears and scream around it, like children. 

No doubt - but wt_ does this have to do with whitewashing our past and pretending it didn't happen?

On 6/3/2021 at 10:14 AM, Tiberius said:

Black Americans have been here way longer than many of the descendants of immigrants, yet they are still living (in many instances) in poverty. At rates much higher than whites. Racism caused that. 

Wrong. Well intentioned liberal policies caused it. It’s the 21st Century. I hate to break it to you but nobody cares about the color of your precious skin. (They do however care if you’re uneducated and/or not a hard working dependable employee.) 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wrong. Well intentioned liberal policies caused it. It’s the 21st Century. I hate to break it to you but nobody cares about the color of your precious skin. (They do however care if you’re uneducated and/or not a hard working dependable employee.) 

Why is Mitt Romney wealthy? Did he earn that money himself? 

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Huh? That’s what you’ve got? Why are Will Smith’s kids wealthy? Why are Michael Jordan’s? Should we keep going? 

Or George Bush? Or the Vanderbuilds or the Astors. 

You don't think family financial history matters? If you don't, they you are just blowing smoke. Like always 

• Dislike 1