The Bills are the most complete team in the NFL.

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What do you think is the reason why KC's offense slowed down in the last 4-5 games except against us?

Honestly I think they played a bit bored at the end of the regular season. Against the Browns they were going along just fine until Mahomes went out and then againts Tampa they just got thrashed up front. 

5 hours ago, chongli said:

I lile your enthusiasm, but KC has beaten us the last two times, including us at home last season. They have represented the AFC in the last two Super Bowls. Until we prove we can beat them, they are the team to beat in the AFC. Period.

They didn't beat us the last 2 games--they outclassed us.

That's much worse.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, chongli said:

I lile your enthusiasm, but KC has beaten us the last two times, including us at home last season. They have represented the AFC in the last two Super Bowls. Until we prove we can beat them, they are the team to beat in the AFC. Period.

You're not wrong. But i'm a betting man. And the odds say its extremely rare for a team to come out of the conference 3 years in a row. history says KC most likely isnt coming out of the AFC. i would put large money on the field..... and buffalo just so happens to be at the top end of said field. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We have had this debate numerous times this offseason in different forms. The Bills have the fewest "holes" in the AFC. KC has more elite talent. 

I would have said it differently. Bills are the most solid across their starting 22-35, Chiefs have more collective talent.  They also probably have more elite players, but the true measure is not most elite players, it's most collective talent.  

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

This.  Buffalo has one of, if not, the most complete rosters in the NFL. 

Average/Above-Average talent across the board, with solid depth and two elite pieces in Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs.  

Not true.  The DE position at best is an unknown and collectively is far below average.  If Hughes shows his age and the kids don't develop it could make or break a SB run.  Zimmer is below average and Star is an unknown coming a back after a year of no football.  However many teams have players coming back after opting out so the Bills are no different.  MLB was a massive weak spot last year either due to injury or talent or both. This year will define Edmunds' career.  LG is below average but has good potential.  I've never been a Morse fan and he is at best average.  Remember he was a healthy scratch last year for the AZ game after clearing the concussion protocol.  I'm still stunned they didn't draft a center in the third round instead of a swing tackle.  Williams is elite in pass blocking and below average in run game.  The whole OL is probably a top 4 unit pass blocking but collectively below average in run blocking.  They get little push at the point of attack but they pull and block downfield well.  I'm higher on Knox and Wallace than others on this board, but I understand their arguments.  As with Edmunds, this season probably defines Knox's career trajectory.  

QB play as with any team covers up some holes and every team has a position group or two that is weak.  Bills have an elite secondary, elite WR group, and QB that played like a MVP last year.  Allen likely needs to play close to that same level with real development of the DL to make a SB run.

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I would have said it differently. Bills are the most solid across their starting 22-35, Chiefs have more collective talent.  They also probably have more elite players, but the true measure is not most elite players, it's most collective talent.  

Meh. I think you need elite players. Superbowl teams always have 4 or 5 elite players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Meh. I think you need elite players. Superbowl teams always have 4 or 5 elite players.

Oh, yeah, I don't disagree with that.   My only point was that team A can have more talent than team B without having more elite players.   I think in the case of KC, they have both, because they have a lot more elite or near-elite players.  Bills can't match the Chiefs on high-end talent, like Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, Jones, Clark, Mathieu.   That's six special playmakers.  I don't think you need six to be great, but that's a lot of talent to overcome if you don't have comparable playmakers.  Even if you call Mahomes-Allen a push and Hill-Diggs a push, Bills don't put guys on the field who are special like the other four.  

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We have had this debate numerous times this offseason in different forms. The Bills have the fewest "holes" in the AFC. KC has more elite talent. 

I'd like the Bills to be the team with more holes and a Superbowl Championship please.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You could definitely argue it especially if you are factoring in depth. The team still lacks a true elite pass rusher, a consistent TE and a CB2 could be an area of upgrade. But the areas of need can still be addressed (outside of the lack of a true number one elite pass rusher) ton of good corners out on the market and Ertz is an option at TE. If the Bills can just add one more piece to an already good off-season I think it would be a nice cherry on top and further solidify the roster.

9 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

If you look at their roster from top to bottom the Bills are the most complete team in the NFL. The weakest position imo is the TE position but if the Bills do make a move for Ertz this position would be solidified as well. In addition I love the continuity of the core of roster and of the coaches. Barring injuries and regression I would think that more of the national pundits would have the Bills to be the team to beat. I suppose one could make a case for Tampa as well but them being in the NFC should definitely make the Bills the top team in the AFC at the very least.

Sorry, but definitely not the most complete in my very humble opinion. The offensive line is average at best, can't run block, and we know Josh Allen avoids a **** load of sacks on his own either scrambling or ripping out of arm tackles. You already pointed out TE. Until these rookies pan out we're lacking a pure pass rusher as well. #2 CB can be upgraded, but not exactly a "hole." No RB on our roster has yet to exceed 800 yards rushing, even if you combine the yardage of Moss and Singletary they barely eclipses 1000, and neither can catch. Now you can blame the offensive line for that also, but that just further proves my point. We are certainly above average, but If you take away Josh Allen I don't think they can go further than .500 honestly. In order to be the BEST in the league then you should still be pretty competitive even without your starting QB. Even when Mahomes went down the KC offense still chugged along and won games.

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

House will be proud.

I feel like an auctioneer, do we hear 50 pages, my good man Gugny says 51, do we hear 55, 55, 55, yes my good man 3/12 says 55, do we hear 60, 60, 60, yes the old curmudgeon Mr. get off my lawn Chandler says 60.

My god, trade for him or make this please end!  This is like the never ending Rodgers thread which followed the never ending Watson thread.  

Im officially Ertzed out.

Sold to Mr. Hapless for 61.

How can one be “Ertzed out”? I never get enough ertz. 

People need to relax. Teams are generally ascending or descending. (Except for the Jauron era Bills, and the forever 8-8 Detroit Lions)  The Bills are on the ascending curve now. But as severely scarred Bills fans we've become so accustomed to the Patriots dynasty that many seem to want to project that type of consistent success onto the next batter up, like the Chiefs.  Ain't gonna happen. KC will falter sooner than most think.

8 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Bills still have weakness in their D-line. Until we know how well their draft picks pan out it is the glaring hole in the roster right now.

100% agree.  Time for Oliver, Epenesa and Phillips  to STEP UP and for Rosseau and Basham to contribute. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, nucci said:

what if another team beats them first?

The Raiders played them tough and should have beat them twice , 

I don’t understand why we struggle so bad against them especially on offense , their defense is good but we dismantled some the top defenses I just don’t get it 

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they still have holes at outside corner - Breeland has not been replaced (he isn't the best but had a career year in 2020) some assume L'Jarius Sneed is just going to move outside and dominate as he did in the slot but I need to see it before I go there. Their starting defensive end opposite Frank Clark is Taco Charlton cut by the Cowboys and Dolphins who both need pass rushers and played just 8% of the defensive snaps in KC last year. They are also very reliant on rookies stepping in straight away at center and linebacker and have a question mark still at right tackle. 

So there’s a little question at corner, where the Bills starter opposite White is ???? I’ll go Dane Jackson, but that’s a wash at best. 

Until proven otherwise, the Bills have nobody that can match Clark and a bag of chips, so again, push at best.

The Bills have 3 guys on the line who even stand a chance to start on a real team, I’d trade centers with KC in a heartbeat, so I guess we will agree to disagree on that one. 

literally everywhere else, KC is clearly better than Buffalo, the only possible argument being at S, and to Bills homers only at QB.  I still love how people can say Maholmes had arguably the best season a QB has ever had, in his first year and backed it with MVP level play again, yet Allen is clearly the better play..