The Bills are the most complete team in the NFL.

If you look at their roster from top to bottom the Bills are the most complete team in the NFL. The weakest position imo is the TE position but if the Bills do make a move for Ertz this position would be solidified as well. In addition I love the continuity of the core of roster and of the coaches. Barring injuries and regression I would think that more of the national pundits would have the Bills to be the team to beat. I suppose one could make a case for Tampa as well but them being in the NFC should definitely make the Bills the top team in the AFC at the very least.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

If you look at their roster from top to bottom the Bills are the most complete team in the NFL. The weakest position imo is the TE position but if the Bills do make a move for Ertz this position would be solidified as well. In addition I love the continuity of the core of roster and of the coaches. Barring injuries and regression I would think that more of the national pundits would have the Bills to be the team to beat. I suppose one could make a case for Tampa as well but them being in the NFC should definitely make the Bills the top team in the AFC at the very least.

I lile your enthusiasm, but KC has beaten us the last two times, including us at home last season. They have represented the AFC in the last two Super Bowls. Until we prove we can beat them, they are the team to beat in the AFC. Period.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I think our OL is average TBH. Josh's scrambling helps avoid sacks and we had trouble running the ball especially when its 3rd or 4th and short. On the other side I hope we do can better stopping the run. Star coming back should help there. I think we are set at the skill positions though. Can't wait until we kickoff another season.

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

KC has beaten us the last two times, including us at home last season. Until we prove we can beat them, they are the team to beat in the AFC.

what if another team beats them first?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Drawing Motivation GIF

• Haha (+1) 7

9 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Go Home Year GIF

• Haha (+1) 6

disagree - the weakest position to me is the "other" CB position, I would rather sign a vet corner to the annual 1 year deal, in this case Steve Nelson, for approx 5M than trade for Ertz and pay more

Edited by First Round Bust
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We have had this debate numerous times this offseason in different forms. The Bills have the fewest "holes" in the AFC. KC has more elite talent. 

This.  Buffalo has one of, if not, the most complete rosters in the NFL. 

Average/Above-Average talent across the board, with solid depth and two elite pieces in Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs.  

KC beat us in the AFCCG by being healthier, some luck in how the game was officiated, but mainly due to having more gamebreakers..  Mahomes, Hill and Kelce on Offense and Chris Jones on Defense just collapsing our interior OL.  

The way we match that is for Josh Allen to continue to improve, the Offense to become more well rounded and for this Defense to become a top unit again.. and with the current investment, if we're not, something has got to give - there is no reason for them to not be a top notch Defensive Unit. 

On Offense, Ertz certainly seems to be the logical player that takes a TE room as a weakness, and potentially makes it a strength when Dawson Knox is your #2.  Would just need to get the running game going and it's off to the races. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

Ertz blows.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

what if another team beats them first?

THIS. The Bills ALMOST hosted the championship game......

Hey Cleveland, feel free to not fumble out of the endzone and tackle Chad *ucking Henne before he runs 13.5 yards.......🙄

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

So last year this was simply not true, and just asserting it or wishing and hoping it's true doesn't make it so.

Let's look.

1. Offense.  Last year the Bills had the #2 scoring offense in the NFL.

All well and good, but while we had some success running the ball against specific teams in specific games, we did NOT have consistent success running the ball when we needed to against other teams (Titans, Colts, KC).  Bills 19th in the league for YPA rushing.

Improvements for this year: some lower-tier FA and three draft pick additions on OL.  Matt Breida, who played well for SF and not much for Miami, at RB

Verdict: A complete offense needs a better run game.  Top defenses throttle a one-dimensional game.  Uncertainty as to whether the improvements are enough.

2. Defense.  Last year the Bills had the # 16 defense.  One argument is they started out poor and improved as the season went on, and they most definitely came up big in some key moments.  Even so, I think it would be a stretch to argue that they became a top-10 defense.  Run defense: bottom-half of the league, tied for 24th.  1st downs: 17th 1st downs, 25th in 1st downs by rushing.  17th or 18th in the league for sacks, similarly mediocre in other statistics "affecting the QB"

Improvements for this year: no big moves.  Signed a developmental vet (Obada) and two draft pick additions on DL.  Questions about depth at CB and S.

Verdict: a complete D needs to be better at stopping the run and affecting the QB.  The Bills D right now is that vexing employee you have who can be absolutely brilliant at times, but at other times just doesn't get the routine stuff done consistently.  Uncertainty as to whether the improvements are enough.

My Overall Assessment: Last year the Bills were not the most complete team in the NFL, with notable lacks in the running game (offensively and defensively) and at getting pressure from the front-4.

A lot will depend upon injuries and returning players - if Milano can stay healthy and if Star returns and gives us a better 1T rotation, if our OL is healthier or new players make us better at run blocking, and if Breida returns to form and/or Singletary takes a step. 

Then there's the question of whether our acquisitions in FA/Draft make us better able to affect the opposing QB.

That's a lot of Ifs between the Bills and being the most complete team in the league.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

TB returns 22 starters who won em the Superbowl. And the Bucs and Billls have both treaded water this off-season. Bills lost to KC last season - TWICE. At this point at least these two teams have more complete rosters.

Clearly Beane is still not satisfied - why create additional cap room if you are satisfied with the roster?

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I think our OL is average TBH. Josh's scrambling helps avoid sacks and we had trouble running the ball especially when its 3rd or 4th and short. On the other side I hope we do can better stopping the run. Star coming back should help there. I think we are set at the skill positions though. Can't wait until we kickoff another season.

I would agree our OL is somewhat underwhelming. We've discussed their run blocking weakness constantly. And Josh does mask some occassional pass protection breakdowns. Until we beat the Chiefs we'll always be chasing them. But with this said I love our ownership, gm, hc and culture/process. These 4 areas have given the fans of Buffalo reason to be incredibly optimistic over the next decade. We will find a way to beat KC, get into a SB and finally win one. 

• Agree 1