Craziest 77 seconds in NFL History Video

September 30, 1990.

Remember the date very well.  Went to that game.  Dad was in the Oncology ward in Mercy Hospital and mom was visiting him all day on the next day (10/1).  Went to pick her up at  5 PM. Was talking about the great action with him and he said he hadn't  slept since the day before and was very tired and cold. We said we would let him get some sleep and were preparing to leave. He suddenly starts coughing up blood.  His lung tumor was  next to his bronchi and esophagus   and around the nerve to the heart. It had broken a major vessel and he drowned in his blood.

The game was very good but I will always remember the date for what happened the next day.

Edited by Wacka
  • Sad 16
  • Haha (+1) 1

What a wonderful game, I remember it well. I was living in CA at the time and was outside the house in my car listening to the Denver AM feed which somehow bounced it’s way into the San Jaoquin Valley.

What a brutal listen that guy was. 

The Texas Twister Kenny Davis!!!  Biscuit!!!  Seals!!!

Those were the days.....the Bills were a Force!  You younger Bills fans missed out on all that.....I am hoping the evil NFL pendulum has FINALLY swung the other way and these will be great times ahead indeed.  Nothing better than being in that crowd of 80K plus screaming our heads off....memories!!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I always thought that the blocked FG return was the defining watershed moment for that Bills team— it is what started the run. 

Since then, I have always waited for a similar play by the Bills that would signal the next great team. 

What about the INT returned for a TD against the Ravens in the playoffs?

• Like (+1) 11

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Good call.  you know, right after that play happened, that thought crossed my mind. It had that same magic to it. 

I definitely think it will. Making a big play in the playoffs is huge for the team's confidence. That's a big part of developing a winning culture is by making big plays in the playoffs. Hopefully this year the Bills can make enough of them to win it all.

• Like (+1) 2

One of the most interesting storylines is how this game vaulted the two teams in opposite directions.  It was essentially the "beginning" of the Bills' great SB runs and dropped Denver, at least for that season, into mediocrity.

3 hours ago, eball said:

I was really enjoying this thread until I read Wacka’s post.  Damn.

Keep enjoying it.  My dad was not that big of a Bills fan  but enjoyed  my recounting of that game.  Had a nice  last few minutes with him.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I was really enjoying this thread until I read Wacka’s post.  Damn.

I'll post this publicly here: @Wacka  is a saint.

If I were half the person he has been........

Back on topic.....great teams find a way, and that Denver game was one of those that lead to 4 years of amazing times.