Rex Burkhead-- signing with Texans

Burkhead signing with Texans:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/01/texans-sign-rex-burkhead/ 

Some may think this isn't thread worthy. But I am a little bummed by this. I thought the Bills might take a look at Rex. Seems to be exactly the sort of RB this team could use (ST, short yardage, great hands).  Would have given us way more gameday flexibility than a Taiwan Jones.  Oh, well--the dream is dead.  😪

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 5

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Some may think this isn't thread worthy. But I am a little bummed by this. I thought the Bills might take a look at Rex. Seems to be exactly the sort of RB this team could use (ST, short yardage, great hands).  Would have given us way more gameday flexibility than a Taiwan Jones.  Oh, well--the dream is dead.  😪

Agreed. I also brought him up in a thread as a potential signing here. I felt Buffalo needed a RB w/ some versatility and pass catching ability. Oh well. Hopefully that Breida guy is it.

• Like (+1) 1

Uh, he has never been that good of a running back and he is old.

Both Singletary and Moss are better than him. And Matt Breida.

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Agreed. I also brought him up in a thread as a potential signing here. I felt Buffalo needed a RB w/ some versatility and pass catching ability. Oh well. Hopefully that Breida guy is it.

Breida is way better. Go look at Breida's 2018 and 2019 stats. Burkhead is just a change of pace, roll player. He is nothing special.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Uh, he has never been that good of a running back and he is old.

Both Singletary and Moss are better than him. And Matt Breida.

The comp isn't to Singletary, Moss, or even Breida. It's more to Taiwan Jones. If we have a STer taking up a roster spot on game day, it would be nice to have a guy that you can also use on offense. And I think Burkhead is probably better than all of these RB's at what he specifically does-- catch balls out of the backfield, and pick up 3rd and 1s. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The comp isn't to Singletary, Moss, or even Breida. It's more to Taiwan Jones. If we have a STer taking up a roster spot on game day, it would be nice to have a guy that you can also use on offense. And I think Burkhead is probably better than all of these RB's at what he specifically does-- catch balls out of the backfield, and pick up 3rd and 1s. 

Burkhead wouldn't see the field on offense because those other three backs are better. So he would be only a special teams contributor like Taiwan Jones.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Does burkhead play ST? If not then it wouldn’t be Jones’ roster spot he would be after, it would be Breida

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Would've loved Rex:cry:

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Definitely not thread worthy.

Rex Buckhead? Really ?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Always liked him as a player and person but his injury history is less than ideal.  I have some really good friends who live in Dallas and know Rex personally from their church and say he is an exemplary person and role model.

• Like (+1) 1