Pete Prisco's (CBS Sports) top 100 for 2021

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/top-100-nfl-players-of-2021-patrick-mahomes-holds-on-to-no-1-spot-josh-allen-rockets-into-top-10/?ftag=SPM-16-10abi8e

Highlights:

Josh Allen 10

Stefon Diggs 12

Tre White 78

Class of 2018 QBs

Josh Allen 10

Lamar Jackson 28

Baker Mayfield Just missed top 100

Sam Darnold No mention

Josh Rosen Obviously no mention

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Tre continues to get no respect. 

He isn't flashy, he doesn't make big hits, he doesn't talk on social media... he just goes out and performs. 

The great thing is, that's the culture that's been built within the organization and I absolutely love it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

He isn't flashy, he doesn't make big hits, he doesn't talk on social media... he just goes out and performs. 

The great thing is, that's the culture that's been built within the organization and I absolutely love it. 

Tre White is his 6th rated QB.  Among 64 starting CBs (before you start adding nickel backs, I don't think I'd call #6 (no respect).  He's not flashy.  Maybe that's why he's not higher, but there are some good players ahead of him.

8 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

He's 6th among cb's on the list. Not really what i would call a ton of disrespect IMO. 

And this is about what I expect from the player voted top 100 for Bills players. I just don't see Allen making the top 5.

And what do you know? Tom Brady in the top 5.

Edited by MJS

33 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Forget Tre White, Jordan Poyer and Matt Milano aren't even in the Honorable mentions.

Pretty bad list, tbh, not that it matters.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think Allen ends up top 5 on NFL's list. Diggs ends up right about 10-15.

Why do you think that?

12 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I'm not sure Xavien Howard, Marlon Humphrey, Gilmore, etc are better than him. 

You aren't, but you're a Bills fan.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Forget Tre White, Jordan Poyer and Matt Milano aren't even in the Honorable mentions.

Pretty bad list, tbh, not that it matters.

Jamal Adams on the list is pretty bad imo.  He looked awful in our game.  Maybe it was just one but he had missed assignments and was scorched.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Why do you think that?

You aren't, but you're a Bills fan.

That doesn't mean anything. 

There are plenty of people who I think are better than Bills players. Based on play alone, those 3 CB's are not better than Tre White. Alexander and Ramsey are slightly better in that they are more aggressive and athletic. In terms of true CB play, Tre is on par with them. 

28 minutes ago, MJS said:

And this is about what I expect from the player voted top 100 for Bills players. I just don't see Allen making the top 5.

And what do you know? Tom Brady in the top 5.

That’s just like one guys opinion, man. It’s a pretty terrible list if you ask me.  But you don’t care about my opinion either 🤷🏻‍♂️

51 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I think Tre regressed a bit last season. I have nothing to back that up though except my own two eyes. But obviously there's a lot of factors at play when judging a cb (is. Watching the tape, coverages they are running, etc which i haven't done). So, just my two cents which means very little.

Edited by Bferra13

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Only argument I would have is Allen over Wilson just because Wilson dropped pretty hard the second half of the season.

Other than that, not much to argue.

Oooops, I did this wrong.  Prisco is an Allen hater!

Well I know they tried with a bad offensive line to make some effort to run the ball more.  Part of it was also that Wilson was just money on deep balls to start the year, and it tends to get windier as the year goes on.  Their defense also played considerably better as the year went on, so they didn't need to put up 40 every game to stay in it.

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why do I think he'll be top 5? I mean no reason really. He'll be ranked high. Hard to argue with any ranking that has him top 10-15 in the NFL. 

I just wondered why you think he'll be ranked significantly higher in that one. Do you think the players have a higher opinion of Allen than the media?