PFF: Dak over Josh Allen, cites Allen’s “arm arrogance” as a point of regression

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Why even post this? How many times does someone post a PFF article that’s clearly trolling Bills fans only to have Bills fans fall for the trap?.... it works every single time. It’s pretty amazing actually. 

Went Pike fishing in the Adirondacks last week. Pike weren’t hitting but the Smallmouths were. 
   We couldn’t keep them but Man were they Fun to catch😎

I’m really of the mind that these websites and analytic sites do crap like this on purpose. It’s been done for years now. Toss up the hot take (which the person saying it doesn’t actually believe) which is purposely inflammatory so they stir up conversation and clicks. It doesn’t seem to hurt their “credibility” at all because for every reader or two they lose they probably gain a half a dozen new ones who will hang around until they too get wise to their crap and ignore them and the cycle just goes on and on.

I also love how these dillholes just arbitrarily make up stats or terms that they think apply to the game. Arm arrogance? What in the muffin fluffin heck is that? Turnover worthy throws are stupid too. Was the ball turned over? No? Then shut up. Every QB willing to zip it into a tight window is gonna have these “turnover worthy” throws. These things don’t seem to be a problem when they wanna analyze and discuss Mahomes or Rodgers. Some of these nerds still hang onto this notion that Allen is a reckless player who reverts to “hero ball” on every other play. It’s to the point where Josh could do 99 out of 100 things absolutely perfect and these idiots would focus only on the 1 thing out of 100 that he didn’t do. Or that he did do but didn’t do it to their convoluted standards so therefore he a bum. 

Once again, junk like this is why I quit reading all those sites and stopped watching any of the pregame shows. So much of it is filler these days anyway. Content content content we need more content, can we get a correspondent in Josh’s closet so we can analyze his sock choice today?! Argyle?! This man is clearly a monster and Brandon Beane must act quickly and cut him to save this franchise! Click here for more bozo takes. Bah. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Its not really a metric they created. And of course Josh has shown an over reliance at times on his arm strength. 

I agree that he has some element of “arm arrogance” and it’s not the first time I’ve heard the term. What I don’t agree with is that this would lead to regression. I see his point about it potentially leading to chaos that he sometimes lives in - “sugar rush josh”- but it’s ignoring that his game has evolved far beyond that element, and will continue to do so IMO. 

Btw solak does look young (is young? I don’t know) but he studies QBs pretty thoroughly for the draft network. I don’t think he’s with PFF. PFF had him on and posed this question to him. Unless he joined PFF recently and I missed it, I think he was just a guest. 

2 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

PFF makes money through controversial hot take clicks and Bills fans are the easiest to manipulate. No doubt they are 20 headlines ready to go before training camp. 

They are doing the same thing with Herbert. 

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I need a "Partially Agree" button... What's all this "become" business? When were they ever not?

Very true!!!! I misspoke. They have always been a disgrace and embarrassment to all things football. 🤮 

Edited by wppete
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree that he has some element of “arm arrogance” and it’s not the first time I’ve heard the term. What I don’t agree with is that this would lead to regression. I see his point about it potentially leading to chaos that he sometimes lives in - “sugar rush josh”- but it’s ignoring that his game has evolved far beyond that element, and will continue to do so IMO. 

Btw solak does look young (is young? I don’t know) but he studies QBs pretty thoroughly for the draft network. I don’t think he’s with PFF. PFF had him on and posed this question to him. Unless he joined PFF recently and I missed it, I think he was just a guest. 

I definitely don’t see it as a huge problem or think it will lead to a regression. If anything, I think his arm arrogance has led to many more ridiculously good plays than negative ones. It’s part of what makes him so special. 

If the Bill's called Dallas up and said straight up trade Dak for Josh.  Dallas fanbase would put a bowl on Dak and say good luck on your future and pay to ship him to Buffalo.  Jerry Jones must have slipped Chris Collinsworthless a couple of twenties for him to attend the same massage parlours that Dawson Watson use to attend.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

They are really going with the Josh’s arm is “too good” narrative?

Hee hee

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

'Arm arrogance' iirc was coined by Ryan Clark on ESPN, a reformed Allen doubter. PFF and their ilk will eventually come around.

But here's the thing:  PFF sells their stuff as a superior "predictive model" for future results.

So if they have to "come around"....

I will not read the article but I assume the comment is based on a mentality similar to the announcer on MNF vs 49ers. I think it was Griese who said Allen should not have thrown a ball that was completed because most QBs can't make that throw. It was a terrible take because it was a perfect throw and no defender had a good shot at the ball. Allen is "arrogant" like Kobe or Mariano Rivera, they simply know they can do what no one else can.

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hee hee

But here's the thing:  PFF sells their stuff as a superior "predictive model" for future results.

So if they have to "come around"....

Their statistics and methods of evaluation can be safely dismissed imo

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Went Pike fishing in the Adirondacks last week. Pike weren’t hitting but the Smallmouths were. 
   We couldn’t keep them but Man were they Fun to catch😎

Again...insightful?...or inciteful? 🤔

😁