PFF: Dak over Josh Allen, cites Allen’s “arm arrogance” as a point of regression

48 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

NOT going to click on that

I wish I could agree 1000 times

58 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

How old is Ben Solak?

Old enough to know better 😅

Isn’t he the guy who said Duck Hodges was better?

16 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Do we really care what a pre-pubescent kid wearing a 76ers hat thinks about JA17?

Evidently!

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Josh does take a lot of chances but luckily the zip on his throws prevents a lot of the interceptions as DB's just can't handle it.

Somebody posted a video last week about he most powerful arms in NFL history, or something like that.  Josh was on the list... it was pretty remarkable what tight windows Allen was throwing into for some of his biggest completions. All of the other "power arms" were throwing to receivers who had badly burned the coverage.  I almost posted something, quetioning if Allen owes a lot to Diggs and Beasley, or vice versa.

15 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Somebody posted a video last week about he most powerful arms in NFL history, or something like that.  Josh was on the list... it was pretty remarkable what tight windows Allen was throwing into for some of his biggest completions. All of the other "power arms" were throwing to receivers who had badly burned the coverage.  I almost posted something, quetioning if Allen owes a lot to Diggs and Beasley, or vice versa.

Thing is, when I've looked at his college tape, he was making some of those same tight-window throws successfully.  There's a clip out there somewhere of an Allen-to-Gentry TD that looks freakin' like the Allen-to-Diggs TD that got us back in the lead in the AZ game.

What Allen wasn't completing were the "bunnies" - the "gimme" throws to receivers in the flat or who leaked out.  Now he's making those - most of the time.

I do still believe that Singletary and Knox could be helpfully equipped with 10' safety-orange flexible fiberglass snowpoles.

1 hour ago, patzen said:

So this guy would want Dak over Josh because Dak has worse arm talent and worse arm talent means you take less risks? What did I even just listen to?

"You bad" for giving them the clicks!

Dak Prescott had 1.8% INT last cut-short season.  Josh Allen?  1.7% and a couple of those were .....Not.

The previous season Dak was 1.8% and Josh 2.0%, I'll give them that.  Most people concede that Josh took a huge step as a QB between last season and the previous season.

• Like (+1) 1

So ... this isn't PFF. It's some one dude who works for PFF. Ben Solak?

It's a pretty weird take, but it's not PFF saying Dak is going to be better, it's the one guy.

And for those who don't remember, Dak was getting really really good the last year or so before his injury. I still don't take him over Josh, but for a guy who I really didn't believe in at first, Dak has become an excellent QB.

Edited by Thurman#1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

What about analytics arrogance?

ZING

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

So ... this isn't PFF. It's some one dude who works for PFF. Ben Solak?

It's a pretty weird take, but it's not PFF saying Dak is going to be better, it's the one guy.

If PFF wants that to be the viewpoint, then...maybe they shouldn't tweet this out from the PFF Twitter account?

C'mon man, if you send out content from your own account, Own it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We're running out of new ways to say things that mean the same thing today as they did 50 years ago.

"Arm arrogance" is I'll guess - gunslinger?  

Some of my recent favorites:

Good Bend

Hip flexibility

Hand leverage

Eye discipline

Edge Setter 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We're running out of new ways to say things that mean the same thing today as they did 50 years ago.

"Arm arrogance" is I'll guess - gunslinger?  

Some of my recent favorites:

Good Bend

Hip flexibility

Hand leverage

Eye discipline

Edge Setter 

Gap integrity 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

ZING

If PFF wants that to be the viewpoint, then...maybe they shouldn't tweet this out from the PFF Twitter account?

C'mon man, if you send out content from your own account, Own it.

They send out content from their account, but this is on the level of SAS comments.

Edited by FireChans

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Today was the first time in my life I've ever heard the term arm arrogance lol 

And it sucks

Makes total sense nowunnamed.jpg

That looks like a little premature baldness 'toupee arrogance'...