PFF: Dak over Josh Allen, cites Allen’s “arm arrogance” as a point of regression

16 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Why even post this? How many times does someone post a PFF article that’s clearly trolling Bills fans only to have Bills fans fall for the trap?.... it works every single time. It’s pretty amazing actually. 

You kinda posted about it so you kinda fell in the trap too 

5 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Its not really a metric they created. And of course Josh has shown an over reliance at times on his arm strength. 

You are aware they evaluated Duck Hodges over Josh just a year and a half ago 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

Seems like PFF is all over the place. At least this guy played QB in the  league. 

PFF’s quarterback rankings are based on grading every player on every play and tapping into multiple years of data to project future performance. We go beyond just last season’s performances, and the grading works to isolate each quarterback’s performance from that of his supporting cast, making for more effective projections. -Bruce Gradkowski

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-ahead-of-the-2021-nfl-season

Edited by BuffaloMatt

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That he believes he can make every throw and will take too many risks, resulting in chaotic sugar rush josh

Maybe in 2019 you could have made that criticism of Josh but this idea that it is applicable to his 2020 season is so hilarious and reaching.

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Can we PLEASE just stop posting PFF related content? 

They're a joke. Look at these guys, they never played a snap in their lives. Why would I want their opinion...? 🤦🏻‍♂️

See four posts above. He played albeit backup

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Can we PLEASE just stop posting PFF related content? 

They're a joke. Look at these guys, they never played a snap in their lives. Why would I want their opinion...? 🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t totally agree with everything he said but he’s not with PFF, they just had him on their show or whatever. I didn’t think what he said was as outrageous as I see a lot of responses here seem to have gotten from it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t totally agree with everything he said but he’s not with PFF, they just had him on their show or whatever. I didn’t think what he said was as outrageous as I see a lot of responses here seem to have gotten from it. 

Ya I jumped the gun , he played the position,  I respect it but I still am really puzzled by his arm arrogance theory.  

Like , why would Allen just suddenly stop growing after 2.5 seasons of improvement.. Because "arm arrogance " 🤭😂

Not buying it!

I think that the people that call it “arm arrogance” apply a negative connotation (like he shouldn’t be doing it) because they are jealous of our QB...

However, I call it “arm talent” because Josh is actually completing throws that no one else can make...👍

Edited by JaCrispy

Just now, JaCrispy said:

The people that call it “arm arrogance” apply a negative connotation because they are jealous of our QB...

However, I call it “arm talent” because Josh is actually completing throws that no one else can make...👍

Fitzy has arm arrogance too… and well … he actually shouldn’t 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So we are supposed to drop what we’re doing and go get our pitchforks because of some kid who didn’t even start shaving yet picks Dak over Allen ? 

1 minute ago, Putin said:

So we are supposed to drop what we’re doing and go get our pitchforks because of some kid who didn’t even start shaving yet picks Dak over Allen ? 

This kid also seems to be an Eagles fan, according to his online resume he was/is involved in Bleeding Green, which is an Eagles news/fan site. His preferences probably stem at least in part from being more familiar with Dak than Allen.

Either way “arm arrogance” is one of the silliest things I’ve ever heard one of these geeks say.

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

This kid also seems to be an Eagles fan, according to his online resume he was/is involved in Bleeding Green, which is an Eagles news/fan site. His preferences probably stem at least in part from being more familiar with Dak than Allen.

Either way “arm arrogance” is one of the silliest things I’ve ever heard one of these geeks say.

I’m sure even most of starting QB’s in the NFL would LOVE to have “ arm arrogance” of Josh Allen 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Putin said:

No, I thought he had some decent points though I don’t agree with the result. Didnt think it was that outrageous. 

21 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

He’s an eagles fan or covers the eagles or both. Joe Marino had him on a few months ago to break down what happened with wentz. Solak actually really likes josh Allen. I don’t think his points were crazy. I don’t predict regression but we will see 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

If someone chooses Dak over Allen, whatever, I dont agree but I think an argument could be made.  I'm sure no one on this board agrees with Dak over Josh but we are all biased. 

I heard the audio of this argument and the my take on it is this guy has no clue on Josh's history, who he is and what his history is.  The speculation is he gets good so he gets "arm arrogant" makes risky throws and cant adjust out of it.  I find that absurd based on watching all of Josh's games.  Josh has spent his first three years specifically working on his weaknesses.  When he has had turnovers and bad decisions he stands up in press conferences and says " I need to not put the ball in harms way"....and then he improves in future games.  Other than his first 6 games his turnovers have not been that bad, I definitely think one area he can still improve on is keeping care of the ball but mostly with fumbles and not INT's.  

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I think that the people that call it “arm arrogance” apply a negative connotation (like he shouldn’t be doing it) because they are jealous of our QB...

Mahomes led the league in dropped would be ints.  It comes with the territory.  Allen has gotten a feel of what he can and cant do.  Imo he is too aware to be completely reckless.  What makes great players great is making the improbable passes and throwing balls that seemingly have eyes to find the right hands.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s an eagles fan or covers the eagles or both. Joe Marino had him on a few months ago to break down what happened with wentz. Solak actually really likes josh Allen. I don’t think his points were crazy. I don’t predict regression but we will see 

yeah I didn’t find what he said all that outrageous - I just found that term he used silly. It’s going to have a negative connotation to a lot of people, no matter his underlying points. And of course, anytime PFF pops up around here people see blood. (I know the guy was just a guest and actually works for Draft Network.)

• Like (+1) 1