Ryan Mallett still playing football (The Spring League)

27 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’ve enjoyed the spring league. It has a decent chance of continuing as well, IMO. Because they do not pay the players. Especially once they can get some minimal gate revenue. 

Some games are entertaining enough. And I really like watching football more than baseball or soccer.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Forget Mallett, where's JP Losman?  EJ Manuel?

JP is coaching at Clemson and EJ is a college football analyst for the ACC Network which is owned by ESPN.  

Getting back to the TSL, I saw part of the game & highlights from the game in Indy & it's amazing that they play in totally empty stadiums even after Covid restrictions have been eased.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Yup, that and he was a really, really bad qb. Good guy tho!

There were some moments where I absolutely thought JP was going to break through.  The Tennessee game vs Vince Young was an example.  Great back and forth game.  In the end I just don't think he had what it took to be a successful qb in the NFL, though I will say Juaron was probably not the best coach for him.  When I watch highlights of games back then I think more of what a talent Lee Evans could have been if he had a decent qb throwing him the ball.  

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

how old is this league?   It lists Fred Jackson as a marquee player.  

Also, os it on tv?  

It’s website is awful. 

You are right about that,  The website is fuzzy making you feel you have head trauma.  

I am surprised that Trump has not sued them over the use of the team name "Generals".

50 minutes ago, todd said:

Colton Schmidt is the player of the week!

https://thespringleague.com/?p=6137

Shmidt credits his time playing with the Buffalo Bills for his ability to punt so well in such bad weather. “I’m used to inclement weather. Wind and rain and all that. That kind of pressure and precision you need to play in that kind of environment really carried over here.”

Next Saturday a game is on Fox a day I need to work a 12 when almost nothing goes on.

Will be a good day to watch a game.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/football-spring-league-finds-secret-175359535.html

Before COVID-19 forced sport leagues into bubbles without fans the TSL was already operating from hub cities and has no aching interest in attracting paying customers.

"Nothing in our current financial forecast is indicative of a league that is going to be shutting down any time soon," said Woods. "Now we have a very big media partner in FOX and they have given us the exposure we really needed to put this league at the next level."

Except for championship game in Houston 

The Spring League Championship game will be played on Saturday, June 19, 2021 at Rice Stadium in Houston, Texas.

Sat, June 19, 2021, 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM CDT

A stadium which once held Super Bowl VIII.

43 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

You are right about that,  The website is fuzzy making you feel you have head trauma.  

I am surprised that Trump has not sued them over the use of the team name "Generals".

Next Saturday a game is on Fox a day I need to work a 12 when almost nothing goes on.

Will be a good day to watch a game.

They have had a game from Houston on Saturday at 3PM for 4 weeks.

I think they carry the  Thursday games from Indy on FS1

Mallett had about 15 completions in a row last week to start the game.

He coaches a high school now.