Ranking NFL 2021 'Triplets'

47 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

However, as you suggest, if you look at Allen's season as other than overall stats, you see a QB who improved over the course of the season. From Game 5 on and through the playoff game, he had 17 TDs to 3 iNTs (plus 6 rushing TDs and a receiving TD). I'd contend that's at least a bit above avg. If you were a fan and/or you watched him every game, you'd realize he was essentially working on his short game in year 2--an aspect where he improved by an almost unfathomable amount. 

Yep. He also cut his fumbles down from 10 in games 1-8 to to only 4 in games 9-16. The reduction in fumbles would have raised his QBR quite a bit. His ypc also increased about a full yard in the second half of 2019 as well. 

Remember how that season started against the Jets. Allen was doing everything right in that game except he had like 4 turnovers in the first half. Most all of them fluky type of turnovers too. And then against New England the first go around he just made some terrible decisions and threw 3 INTs on balls that should have never been thrown. That first New England game in 2019 was probably the last truly bad game Allen has had. 

4 hours ago, Georgie said:

Dude...much as most of us love Josh, his stats  were awful his 2nd year. Improved his comp% to 58.8 and was still absolutely last among starting  QBs. Check his QB ratings and other stats,and yes,he was below average. His running ability was a dangerous weapon but as a passer,  he was bad.

You mean stats such as his receivers having the highest drop percentage in the league and being in the bottom of the league in getting separation and YAC...like Allen being blitzed the most in the NFL and having the lowest amount of time between the snap and pressure from the defense... like Allen being number one in the league in total percentage of passing plays in which he was blized or hurried and in which his throws were batted, dropped, or thrown away...etc....etc.

QB play doesn't happen in a vacuum... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Limeaid said:

You are right. I was looking at multiple articles at a time.  I think all of the sports networks are resorting to lower paid staff these days and what makes it worse is many of the editors are gone.

You mean lesser capable people?   Let us not always associated poor quality to lower paid folks.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Even though "triplets" consisting of QB-RB-WR/TE is archaic, I think Breida will end up being the 3rd part.  And making the ranking go higher.

Breida is that speedy back, he is currently replacement of the since departed Yeldon.   In 2020,  Yeldon was an active scratch or in less than 10% of plays.  It is going to be hard for Breida to be on the field as much as he would like.   I still think this is  Moss job to lose.   

22 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Breida is that speedy back, he is currently replacement of the since departed Yeldon.   In 2020,  Yeldon was an active scratch or in less than 10% of plays.  It is going to be hard for Breida to be on the field as much as he would like.   I still think this is  Moss job to lose.  

I think he'll be given every opportunity to win the starting job.  Beane talked about there being no homerun threats at RB for the Bills, and he's potentially one.

16 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

How do these guys get a paycheck writing this junk? This guy is referring to Josh like he was Bortles his first two seasons. 

because people get in a huff and go read their stuff then run to their nearest message board to post about it and then the process repeats as those people read it, get in a huff and continue to give them attention..

So the short answer to your question is... You. You are how they get paid. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-nfl-2021-triplets-part-ii-from-the-middle-raiders-to-the-top-packers/

7. Buffalo Bills (7.0)

QB: Josh Allen RB: Zack Moss WR: Stefon Diggs

I would not have considered Allen "below average" 2nd year.  He had highs and he had lows which is why we made playoffs against Texans.

I would. A passer rating of 85.3 is well below average. His running gave him a bit of a lift, but overall I'd have put him below average but on the come. He was improving.

It's been said a time or two before but team success in wins and losses ain't a QB stat. It's a team stat and there's good reason for that. In 2019, the defense was elite and that had a much larger impact on our success than our not especially good offense. We were 23rd in scoring, and 2nd in points allowed.

Josh did have highs and lows that year but he was 24th in passer rating. Below average is fair. As I say, he was improving but that level was what made 2020's extreme improvement so very very impressive.

11 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yep. He also cut his fumbles down from 10 in games 1-8 to to only 4 in games 9-16. The reduction in fumbles would have raised his QBR quite a bit. His ypc also increased about a full yard in the second half of 2019 as well. 

Remember how that season started against the Jets. Allen was doing everything right in that game except he had like 4 turnovers in the first half. Most all of them fluky type of turnovers too. And then against New England the first go around he just made some terrible decisions and threw 3 INTs on balls that should have never been thrown. That first New England game in 2019 was probably the last truly bad game Allen has had. 

Yes, he really was improving. But the comment was about how well he did in 2019, not in the end of 2019.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 5/29/2021 at 10:14 PM, Limeaid said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranking-nfl-2021-triplets-part-ii-from-the-middle-raiders-to-the-top-packers/

7. Buffalo Bills (7.0)

QB: Josh Allen RB: Zack Moss WR: Stefon Diggs

I would not have considered Allen "below average" 2nd year.  He had highs and he had lows which is why we made playoffs against Texans.

Below average?! 🤣 Maybe maybeee his 1st year, but the last quarter of the season he was playing as well as anyone. He was a demon in the ground game too which offset some of his passing issues. Again this is probably someone who didn't watch the games, but looked at the box score & stats instead. I'd trust your average Bills fan's evaluation of any Bills player over the average media "expert." 

But the guy is right that Buffalo lacks a good running back even though they make up for it with one of the best WR corps. Singletary doesn't have any above average traits/skills like catching, blocking, speed, or power. He is pretty mediocre, but I do think he can make a decent change-of-pace runner.

As far as Moss, I think he has some good traits. A couple things I like about him is he hits the hole pretty hard (giggity) and he's got some power at 5'9 223 so he certainly has the build to be a work-horse. I think he has the potential to become the next Travis Henry, but that's gotta start with the line. The blocking for both of these backs is inexcusable. Basically Daboll looked at it as a wasted down a lot of the time and opted to throw.

NOT TRIPS FOR BUFFALO.....N/A

This year especially, while Diggs is the clear #1, and Allen is the captain and keystone player, after that it's a fSIX pronged attack. Allen, Diggs, SANDERS, BEASLEY, DAVIS, SINGLETARY AND KNOX. 

Then, Moss is half of our RB attack and McKenzie (with seven TDs) is one hell of a fifth option at WR...

Our line is pretty damn good and it's easy to be proud of those guys.

I just love our offense right now even if it doesn't quite fit the trips analogy.

I just hope we get Ertz to throw out n there too! Sort of replacing Knox but Knox would then be an impressive second TE And Ertz would be another primary weapon really taking a lot of targets.