Blues Clues Pride Parade

Stuff like this, along with trans activism as it relates to children are why so many people like myself are done with the Pride movement.  

Ive gone to plenty of Pride parades.  Have supported LGBTQ rights for my entire adult life after watching my uncle pass away while his husband was by his side every day fighting cancer.  Love is love.  Doesn't matter if it’s a man/woman, man/man, woman/woman or adult trans who are old enough to make permanent decisions about their body.  

Where people like myself draw the line is when we see constant, blatant indoctrination of children.  

This is counter productive to the LGBTQ+ movement. 

Most open minded people don’t want to see this, constantly, aimed at our children. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Agree 2

Certainly the education of acceptance by children us essential, but indoctrination is something different, I agree with you.

Children are born without hate, without prejudices. As the song says "they have to be carefully taught", to hate.

Pride made a mistake by allowing BLM into their group. It has changed the message, it has become too political. Pride was a great success over the years on building acceptance, love, and understanding. 

With Pride being taken over by BLM in many cities the messaging has changed. It is a leftist stance. LBGQ ETC had become mainstream, for either left or right, now gas fallen back 20 years.

If BLM is ok, then isn't anti Semitic organizations ok, or Islamophobia organizations ok, now anti Asian orgs. 

Many of the family and friends of mine who were active Pride members have walked away. Amazingly they feel they are mainstream now thanks to Pride, but BLM does not blend well. Strange that gay police officers are banned from being in Pride events in some cities.....hmmmmm

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Terrible, a school sponsored by the government run by the church. There will be others uncovered in this effort. Tragic and unforgivable. The original effort was to improve the status of young indigenous, in some cases it helped, in too many it did not. Statues of the first Prime Minister of Canada have been taken down as he support these schools. Perhaps a genuine effort that failed. 

Today many tribes are poor, uneducated, unsanitary, inspite of the billions annually given to them. More than 350 chiefs earn more than the prime minister. Still totally a failure to help.

Once again 29, you deflect, change the subject, fail to contribute anything more than to try and inflict pain. So trumpish! 

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Terrible, a school sponsored by the government run by the church. There will be others uncovered in this effort. Tragic and unforgivable. The original effort was to improve the status of young indigenous, in some cases it helped, in too many it did not. Statues of the first Prime Minister of Canada have been taken down as he support these schools. Perhaps a genuine effort that failed. 

Today many tribes are poor, uneducated, unsanitary, inspite of the billions annually given to them. More than 350 chiefs earn more than the prime minister. Still totally a failure to help.

Once again 29, you deflect, change the subject, fail to contribute anything more than to try and inflict pain. So trumpish! 

You seem to be preoccupied with other countries issues sitting on this imaginary moral ivory tower. I didn’t realize how despicable Canadian history was, systemically murdering  children relatively  recently. Essentially genocide. How deplorable a Canadian legacy. No wonder you want to fixate on matters outside your own borders. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You seem to be preoccupied with other countries issues sitting on this imaginary moral ivory tower. I didn’t realize how despicable Canadian history was, systemically murdering  children relatively  recently. Essentially genocide. How deplorable a Canadian legacy. No wonder you want to fixate on matters outside your own borders. 

dude is a weirdo, leftism is metal illness

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hey 29....go xxxx yourself. I have never been in a moral tower, ivory or golden, and like many countries issues come up, like slavery, the mass killings of native Americans by the army, 610 mass murders in one country in one year, ex presidents trying to have a coup, the invasion of Iran, the killing of Sadam Hussein for fake WMD, 10's of thousands of Vietnamese killed, Jonesville, McCarthy, the support of trump and Putin etc etc.

No one has yet said this was murder, hundreds of kids attended these schools for decades, perhaps murder, perhaps deaths by illness, we shall see. In any cases very very terrible and tragic. Mea culpa....

13 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Hey 29....go xxxx yourself. I have never been in a moral tower, ivory or golden, and like many countries issues come up, like slavery, the mass killings of native Americans by the army, 610 mass murders in one country in one year, ex presidents trying to have a coup, the invasion of Iran, the killing of Sadam Hussein for fake WMD, 10's of thousands of Vietnamese killed, Jonesville, McCarthy, the support of trump and Putin etc etc.

No one has yet said this was murder, hundreds of kids attended these schools for decades, perhaps murder, perhaps deaths by illness, we shall see. In any cases very very terrible and tragic. Mea culpa....

I love the way you popped supporting Trump in with a list of atrocities.  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, LeviF said:

Funny how these things directed toward children keep popping up. Wonder why that could be. 

Incredible for sure. Sometimes I wonder what the heck the Catholic church teaches their staff. Certainly they have bad hiring processes. 

I have a family member that runs a day care they are trying to put this kind of stuff into a lot of video's for kids today that's why this person pre views all video material before letting the kids watch them .

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/31/2021 at 8:12 PM, Niagara Bill said:

Incredible for sure. Sometimes I wonder what the heck the Catholic church teaches their staff. Certainly they have bad hiring processes. 

This is an interesting and fair point.  I was raised in and around the church, my first job was at the church behind our home and was blessed to have interacted with some awesome members of the clergy.  The scandals that came to light later on were heartbreaking and caused many folks like me to re-examine commitments and teachings of the faith.  So much good done for so many people, but so freaking much tragedy and deceit as well. 

Still, people are people and institutions institutional.  Have you ever stopped to consider how many of our young people have been victimized by public/private school teachers today?  The numbers are staggering when you look at it, and one must wonder how many nameless souls were impacted historically.   That’s a human problem too—and no doubt Canada has the same issue.  

Still, I’ve seen no legitimate widespread investigation into why this happens, and that surprises me.  It’s like no one wants to tackle the elephant in the room. 

• Like (+1) 1

You need to continually provoke that emotional reaction and have a foe to unite against to convince people to part with their hard earned money to support the cause. 

Leaders have to get paid you know.  Know any of these "movements" where the leaders aren't coincidentally exceptionally wealthy?  

No different from the abortion groups, BLM, the NRA, you name it.    It's all about the money.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is an interesting and fair point.  I was raised in and around the church, my first job was at the church behind our home and was blessed to have interacted with some awesome members of the clergy.  The scandals that came to light later on were heartbreaking and caused many folks like me to re-examine commitments and teachings of the faith.  So much good done for so many people, but so freaking much tragedy and deceit as well. 

Still, people are people and institutions institutional.  Have you ever stopped to consider how many of our young people have been victimized by public/private school teachers today?  The numbers are staggering when you look at it, and one must wonder how many nameless souls were impacted historically.   That’s a human problem too—and no doubt Canada has the same issue.  

Still, I’ve seen no legitimate widespread investigation into why this happens, and that surprises me.  It’s like no one wants to tackle the elephant in the room. 

Why it happened?

1. The schools were a genuine government effort to educate indigenous youth into modern society, teach English not Cree etc. Trying to have indigenous join our country. Turns out many of them do not want that. Another issue!

2. Churches were asked to participate with their experts and paid for it very well. The Anglican and United churches acknowledged failures years ago. The Pope....???. There is an investigation. Some say 4000 children missing. Obviously something is screwy. Was this murder by nun, by priest. Was is death by disease? Seems impossible that many schools were doing the same mass execution at the same time. 

Terrible part of history. 

4 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Why it happened?

1. The schools were a genuine government effort to educate indigenous youth into modern society, teach English not Cree etc. Trying to have indigenous join our country. Turns out many of them do not want that. Another issue!

2. Churches were asked to participate with their experts and paid for it very well. The Anglican and United churches acknowledged failures years ago. The Pope....???. There is an investigation. Some say 4000 children missing. Obviously something is screwy. Was this murder by nun, by priest. Was is death by disease? Seems impossible that many schools were doing the same mass execution at the same time. 

Terrible part of history. 

Ah, the kind and benevolent government where no one is victimizing someone else. 

I wasn't really asking about why this stain on your history occurred.  I know the answer to that already---apathy, greed, cruelty, victimization, indifference, and secrecy.  Those in whole or in part seem to be the common denominator across cultures and humanity.  As for the investigation, whomever writes that chapter puts the stamp on it.  Tragic however it plays out, but unfortunately not unique. 

I was speaking about modern day victimization. Given the sins of our collective past, I'd think there would be more interest into the myriad of scandals in schools across the country today.  While each action involves an individual teacher, collectively it seems as systemic and certainly some folks are leaking through who are predators.