Was contacted - I think these pictures are of you

Punching Bag

Background:

I am like a lot of people from a fragmented family.

My father married (not sure date) a 16 year old girl when he was 24.

It was not that odd at that time I have an aunt who married a man 15 years older when she was a teenager.

For some reason he moved to Chicago after being married. 

I was born there, first child of my parents.

They were divorced when I as around 3 with my younger brother being a very young baby and my father took kids and went to stay with his mother.

I did not see or hear of anyone from birth mother's death and I saw her at her wake when I was somewhere between 10 and 12.

Yesterday (Friday) I was contacted by someone with same maiden name as my mother from same town in PA my dad is from.

He said 'I think you may be my cousin. I apologize if you are not.'

He said he had what he thought were 2 pictures of me - a child picture and child with mother one.

He apparently is my cousin whose Dad was my birth mother's youngest brother.

When they were divorced they were told by my father to not contact us to not confuse us.

My father has been out of picture for long time.   

He was cross country truck drive and apparently was living with another woman before divorced.

Not sure where this is going but evidently his father wanted to get in touch with us for a long time and then lost track.

photos:

maybe-me.png

171243857_4750304704999379_3342168567741

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Only one way to tell...do you still wear a lot of horizontal striped polo shirts?

Dude! That's NOT a polo shirt! It's a HENLEY from the late 50's, early 60's!  There's clearly no collar there! A long-sleeved henley! Ever see a long-sleeved polo?  NOT sure which country club you were raised at!

KnowYourHenleysPlease!  Do I have to school you on everything! 🙃😏. Don't even get me started on "Golf Shirt" OR "Tennis Shirt"  with a little polo dude, penguin, or alligator on it!

Your WISH has been my command, danke...

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/henley-polo-shirts/

"Here's a little backstory before we start the henley vs. polo battle. Both our fighters have LONG careers behind them… the polo just under 100 years old and the henley nearly 200. Have they still got what it takes?"

Now, take a backseat,  let the big boys analyze the nature of the very important thread! A lost youth is at stake here! 😉

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Dude! That's NOT a polo shirt! It's a HENLEY from the late 50's, early 60's!  There's clearly no collar there! A long-sleeved henley! Ever see a long-sleeved polo?  NOT sure which country club you were raised at!

KnowYourHenleysPlease!  Do I have to school you on everything! 🙃😏. Don't even get me started on "Golf Shirt" OR "Tennis Shirt"  with a little polo dude, penguin, or alligator on it!

Your WISH has been my command, danke...

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/henley-polo-shirts/

"Here's a little backstory before we start the henley vs. polo battle. Both our fighters have LONG careers behind them… the polo just under 100 years old and the henley nearly 200. Have they still got what it takes?"

Now, take a backseat,  let the big boys analyze the nature of the very important thread! A lost youth is at stake here! 😉

I think you’re wrong on the henley/polo question. I think the collar is obscured by adolescent neck roll.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Beerball said:

I think you’re wrong on the henley/polo question. I think the collar is obscured by adolescent neck roll.

I think you're wrong but will entertain your fancy...

Maybe. But you must mean "toddler neck roll"... Look at Pic w/mother. There's no collar there.. That ain't a Polo, especially for that era long-sleeved and thick material. Then it's a cross between a rugby (thick) shirt-henley... Which is a:

"River Driver" shirt? 😆🤣 Which L.L.Bean makes, BUT still a Henley:

A0211793_2

😆🤣

12 hours ago, The Poojer said:

Where in PA?

My family is from Titusville.  I think I have cousins on my father and maternal mother still living there. 

All of my father's siblings are dead I believe and he will be 84 in July.

On 5/29/2021 at 1:28 PM, Limeaid said:

As far as I can tell.  The person who has the pictures was not alive when pictures were taken.

Been told my name is on back of picture and person who has it is son of my birth mother's youngest brother.

He also knew name of my sister.

I have a vague memory of her crying with a pair of friends with TV on, news program.  

I think was about 2 then so probably JFK's assassination.

Only other memory I have is falling.  I was told I crawled out of a window as a child and still have scar.

Thank you for sharing Limeaid - There are many people that have connected with distanced relatives recently and if you really think it is you - why not ask them if they'd send the pictures to you? But totally up to you and hope this continues to intrigue and make you even more happy sir! Cheers

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.