Vikings writer won't let go of the Diggs bone

2 hours ago, Boxcar said:

While perusing his twatter, I noticed a lot of Viking fans predicting a 12+ win season. Am I missing something?

Well, they had a 10-6 season in 2019.  They felt they under-achieved last season and took a while to get going with their new OC and DC.  I haven't followed, but when a team was 2 games into the playoffs 2 years ago it's not uncommon for the fans to feel they've made off-season improvements and will not only return to the prior result but exceed it.

Wouldn't we think so?

2 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Good luck with Danielle Hunter, bros.

They are counting on his return from neck surgery, Yes.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:28 PM, MJS said:

Why would he be writing articles on Diggs? Diggs is not a Viking anymore. It makes no sense.

Because he's unable to get over the fact that Diggs came to Buffalo and was the number one receiver in the league. He was hoping for failure but got the opposite. He's now reduced to stalking Diggs's career. 

Ya know... occasionally we have folks on TBD who will still complain about Sammy Watkins, or Tyrod Taylor... hell, I still make fun of Late Nate Peterman every chance I get (those Chargers tickets were expensive!). This article is just offseason banter about a notable WR who didn't work out. The league is full of stories of players who switched teams and thrived elsewhere. We've had them going both directions-- Jerry Hughs shows up, Marshawn Lynch moves on... This is well within the Vikes purview to still be a relevant topic.

I'll say this, though: I watched the condensed versions of several of the Vikes games right after we acquired Diggs, and if the Bills ever start using him the way the Vikes were using him during his last season there-- primarily as a decoy-- I would expect him to be a little salty, and I'd be right there with him.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, they had a 10-6 season in 2019.  They felt they under-achieved last season and took a while to get going with their new OC and DC.  I haven't followed, but when a team was 2 games into the playoffs 2 years ago it's not uncommon for the fans to feel they've made off-season improvements and will not only return to the prior result but exceed it.

Wouldn't we think so?

They are counting on his return from neck surgery, Yes.

Not just surgery, contract dispute, too.

On 5/29/2021 at 9:52 AM, BornAgainBillsFan said:

The Vikings fell for the Kirk Cousins fully guaranteed contract scam (TWICE!!), and now they need to invent reasons why they underachieve every year with a below average QB.

I would say about average. You can do much worse than Kirk Cousins.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles