What is the worst play in Bills history?

On 5/29/2021 at 4:10 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

That season really ended 2 weeks earlier with Orton's 3rd and puss in Denver, another play that qualifies for this list.

Can't believe it took until Page 8 for this one to get mentioned.

It works for me as the worst. Not a meaningless game, not just bad luck or inability to succeed on a tough play (wide right), not the absolute bottom point of a lost season ... no, this one was a gutless way to squander a real playoff opportunity.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo ill said:

Music City is the worst.  Field goals (wide right) are never a given, but to give up a walk off kick return for a touchdown is unthinkable.  The hail Mary against Arizona was pretty bad too.

The Music City Miracle occurred in a playoff game, ending the season for a team that had legitimate super bowl aspirations.

Hail Murray was a fluke play -- Hopkins was triple covered by the exact three players you would choose to defend him -- and had no effect whatsoever on the rest of the season, which was a resounding success by any reasonable standard.

These two things aren't in the same universe.

6 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

The Music City Miracle occurred in a playoff game, ending the season for a team that had legitimate super bowl aspirations.

Hail Murray was a fluke play -- Hopkins was triple covered by the exact three players you would choose to defend him -- and had no effect whatsoever on the rest of the season, which was a resounding success by any reasonable standard.

These two things aren't in the same universe.

This is a fun thread. It wouldn't be so much fun if we were still in the midst of the playoff drought ...

And I'm convinced. After having been a proponent of the Kyle Orton Crumble, I now have to admit that The Music City Debacle wins. Bad call or not on the forward lateral, these desperation kick returns literally never work. Stanford-Cal. Bills-Titans. That's it. It was ridiculous, preposterous, stunning, deflating, never should have happened even if the "lateral" had been a clear forward pass.

It would be the "worst play" in any team's history, at any level.

On 6/3/2021 at 7:48 PM, McBean said:

I haven’t even looked at a post in this thread but I won’t ever forget during those dark days Trentative Edward 4th and 14 scramble out of bounds in Green Bay.

Wasn't that after he had just sarcastically thrown 3 straight balls 10 feet over TO's head?  I remember TO was losing it and Trent just had his arms up like "I threw it to you, happy now???!?".  It was the most gutless, heartless sequence of professional sports I have ever witnessed.  I honestly can't believe he occupied a spot on an NFL roster after that display.  At least he never had a spot on our roster ever again 7 days later.

• Like (+1) 1