What is the worst play in Bills history?

On 5/28/2021 at 3:24 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Eddie Robinson getting faked out by Chad Pennington is worth an honorable mention. I had a bird's eye view of this one as well as OP's' Losman fumble.

OMG Eddie Robinson was SO bad....this is brutal to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/29/2021 at 12:34 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

In SB XXVII against the Redsk....er....WTF's.  The DB's kept cheap-shotting him all game, and he lost it.  We had to settle for a FG.

*****in' A, Bubba!

That was in Super Bowl XXVI and not Super Bowl XXVII.

Edited by tylerbillsfan33
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/28/2021 at 11:17 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

To me, that is just a miss.  

The Losman fumble and McKelvin fumble were just pure stupidity....it shouldn't have happened.

McKelvin did it several times......a world class speedster and great open field runner...But the decisions he made on the field were nightmarish.

For a single boneheaded play for me it is McKelvins return because he simply had to not be horrible and he did the worst thing possible. Kneel the ball is good, fall down right before they hit you is fine, let the first man tackle you is acceptable, but he had to fight for an extra yards when it did not matter 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

For a single boneheaded play for me it is McKelvins return because he simply had to not be horrible and he did the worst thing possible. Kneel the ball is good, fall down right before they hit you is fine, let the first man tackle you is acceptable, but he had to fight for an extra yards when it did not matter 

Yep, and even worse (if that is possible), was afterward his saying basically “I gotta be me, and I’d do it again next time.”  WHAT? That is NOT the correct answer, even in the moment! 

That was certainly the most “boneheaded”. Of course, at least for me, nothing can approach wide right for “worst play”. 

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yep, and even worse (if that is possible), was afterward his saying basically “I gotta be me, and I’d do it again next time.”  WHAT? That is NOT the correct answer, even in the moment! 

That was certainly the most “boneheaded”. Of course, at least for me, nothing can approach wide right for “worst play”. 

You are a glutton for punishment if you even looked at the Bills the rest of that week. I had not heard that but I am not surprised.

On 5/28/2021 at 6:43 PM, frostbitmic said:

Besides wide right which never should've been a 47 yarder. If I recall correctly we had time for another play or two to get closer. Norwood was brutal that year on anything longer than 40 yards.

To throw another play in, from last year at that, the hail mary against the cards where we had both our starting safeties and all pro CB all surrounding Hopkins and not one of these guys attempts to knock the ball down.

there was 8 seconds on the clock - they should have ran 1 more play to try and get closer to a 40 yd attempt

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Not the worse play necessarily, but the moment where Bruce Smith almost had Hostetler near the end zone in the 1st SB!

He did have him as Smith tackled Hostetler in the end zone for a safety but Hostetler was able to hold onto the ball to prevent what may have been a touchdown for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/28/2021 at 2:15 PM, Bangarang said:

For whatever reason, I always think about Trent running out of bounds on 4th down, short of the 1st, against the Packers late in the game to turn it over and essentially end any chance of a comeback.

Thankfully enough, this led to the emergence of Fitzmagic.

What about peterman running out of bonds instead of throwing the Hail Mary to end the half.

I think the term "worst" is too vague l. Wide Right was the "worst" in terms of impact but it certainly was not dumb, embarrassing, or even unbelievably inept. It would be the "worst play" if Norwood spontaneously decided to fake it and throw a long pass instead. Or if the ling snapper somehow snapped it over his head and a series of failed attempts to pick up the bouncing football led to it rolling out of bounds. Imagine, it would be known as "The BAD Snap" instead of "Wide Right".

• Like (+1) 1