What is the worst play in Bills history?

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Wide right. Nothing else is close.

Music City Miracle close second. Ronnie Harmon dopped pass gets on the podium in third.

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It was a good discussion on WGR and boy, we've had a lot.

To me, it's the JP Losman fumble against the Jets.  

BTW...preseason counts too.  I forgot who the back up QB was but who got sacked and threw the ball backwards.

I was facing my best friend in the fantasy football playoffs that week. Losman gave his Jets defense 11 pts between this play and the subsequent desperation Hail Mary. I lost the matchup by 2….. This sequence still comes up when we see one another and the beers start flowing. 

• Haha (+1) 2

For whatever reason, I always think about Trent running out of bounds on 4th down, short of the 1st, against the Packers late in the game to turn it over and essentially end any chance of a comeback.

Thankfully enough, this led to the emergence of Fitzmagic.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

For whatever reason, I always think about Trent running out of bounds on 4th down, short of the 1st, against the Packers late in the game to turn it over and essentially end any chance of a comeback

Nathan Peterman did it against someone too.  It was a hail mary attempt and he ran 30 yards down field and then out of bounds.

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

Music City Miracle close second. Ronnie Harmon dopped pass gets a posium finish.

Music City Miracle is a good one.  Still can't believe half the field left their lanes and all followed the ball leaving the other side of the field wide open.

A couple of years ago, someone let a kickoff roll into the endzone and didn't bother to pick it up and take a knee. Instead, the opposing team (Jets, I think?) fell on it for a TD.

• Like (+1) 3

Worst play by a player, or worst result?

Worst result, of course, would be wide right.  

That Losman fumble was horrible. 

Now, you've got Ed Rutkowski, emergency backup QB in the red zone against the Raiders, fumbling as the Bills are about to score the go-ahead touchdown.    In terms of worst plays from a game perspective, that one's way up there.   On the other hand, in terms of the team's future, it wasn't so bad.   The Bills lost, secured the #1 overall pick and drafted OJ.   So worst isn't always worst. 

Then there's Jim Braxton's fumble on Monday night football.   Ferguson hits Ahmad Rashad for the go-ahead score inside two minutes.  Bills defense holds, Raiders punt.  Bills run three plays and run out the clock, right?   No.  Braxton fumbles, Raiders scoop and score.   Worst play ever.   Of course, Fergie then took the Bills on a long drive as time was running out and hit Rashad again for the game winner.  

How about Bills-Cowboys on Monday.  The Bills defense absolutely invites the Cowboys to throw two quick sideline passes to get in range for the game-winning field goal on the last play.   Absolutely worst end-of-game defensive scheme imaginable.   Or, for that matter, the blown coverage on the onside kick immediately before those two passes.   That may be the worst three-play stretch in Bills history.  

The worst play that was one of the best plays in history was Terence McGee stumbling and falling just short of the end zone on the kickoff return that ended the first half against the Saints.   Best return ever, and it was useless.  

How about the Music City Miracle?   

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.2ca8264b58d218ae0f47e2a2b809f9a0.png

I swear to God, House, if your posts were available only to Premium Members, everyone would pay extra.   

This is absolutely classic.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

For whatever reason, I always think about Trent running out of bounds on 4th down, short of the 1st, against the Packers late in the game to turn it over and essentially end any chance of a comeback.

Thankfully enough, this led to the emergence of Fitzmagic.

I was at that game.   I was so pissed.   It was a completely meaningless play, but it was totally gutless.   Gailey agreed with you and me.  

Oh, and whoever said, Ron Harmon has to be way up on the list.