Have you gotten your tax refund back?

Royale with Cheese

15 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Why?  I filed my son's return the Wednesday before 5/17.  He got his refund in under 7 days.  Fed is fast.  File midweek all the time. 

It's the state that is slow.  Yet.  My Illinois refund is in my bank account as of this week... I filed same day as my son.

AND I didn't realize if you owe, you can file early and have it debited on the tax deadline.  If I would have known that, realized you can schedule the payment, I would have filed back on when the 5/17 was set. /wallbash I am slow on the uptake!

re why - because I get paper check not direct deposit

re slow on uptake - so am I!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steve O said:

re why - because I get paper check not direct deposit

re slow on uptake - so am I!

Oh!  Ok... Yeah... Direct Deposit is there in under a week with Fed.  State about 2 weeks.  

I would think with so little Snail🐌Mail  now, you'd be more ripe for identity theft, etc... Going electronic seems actually safer with me since it's where the masses are!  IMO... 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just want to update you guys that I still haven’t gotten my return yet.

A return is what you file.  A refund is what you get.  Anyway you should have had it long ago.  Have you looked into it?  Sure you're getting a refund?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 10:30 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Just want to update you guys that I still haven’t gotten my return yet.

Just fyi, finally getting mine nest Tuesday July 6th. I filed Jan 27th. Think you said you filed early too believe. Checked the irs.gov yesterday and was so stoked to see it finally update lol.

Anyways, may want to check on yours if you haven't recently...you might be in the same return batch as me.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just fyi, finally getting mine nest Tuesday July 6th. I filed Jan 27th. Think you said you filed early too believe. Checked the irs.gov yesterday and was so stoked to see it finally update lol.

Anyways, may want to check on yours if you haven't recently...you might be in the same return batch as me.

Huh?  Did you opt for a paper return?  Paper refund?  

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My (when I used to get a refund up until last year, /smh) is there in under a week.  My son's last two years has been the same.

Are you a high audit risk?  Complicated return?

Nope, we have always gotten ours within 2 weeks, like always....until this year. Was very frustrating. We have 2 children which we get the CTC. They said returns with CTC would be delayed do to the covid, short staff, stimulus etc. Gave a bunch of excuses, but did not expect it to be this long.

• Angry 1

15 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Nope, we have always gotten ours within 2 weeks, like always....until this year. Was very frustrating. We have 2 children which we get the CTC. They said returns with CTC would be delayed do to the covid, short staff, stimulus etc. Gave a bunch of excuses, but did not expect it to be this long.

I have no idea if we have gotten our refund yet.  I’m just glad we don’t have to pay!  The freaky part is, my wife wanted a month in the NC mountains to celebrate her upcoming birthday that ends in a zero. I talked her down to three weeks. Our state and federal refunds come out to within $100 of what a three week rental house costs. Like a little birthday gift from the tax gods! `We’re not in a hurry for the money, but a nice bonus.

We are scheduling friends and family to take turns coming to visit us in the 4 BR house. She will work the first week, then take two weeks off (she says, I’m skeptical but even part time would be cool!).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I have no idea if we have gotten our refund yet.  I’m just glad we don’t have to pay!  The freaky part is, my wife wanted a month in the NC mountains to celebrate her upcoming birthday that ends in a zero. I talked her down to three weeks. Our state and federal refunds come out to within $100 of what a three week rental house costs. Like a little birthday gift from the tax gods! `We’re not in a hurry for the money, but a nice bonus.

We are scheduling friends and family to take turns coming to visit us in the 4 BR house. She will work the first week, then take two weeks off (she says, I’m skeptical but even part time would be cool!).

Sounds nice! Hope you all have a great time. Regarding your refund, I don't know when you filed, but every single person I know that does not get child tax credit (that I have spoke to so far) hot their returns in a week or 2.  

We got a letter in march about it and said would receive it in 8-12 weeks. This upcoming Monday will be exactly 15 weeks. So was very frustrating since we usually get it in Feb every year. But better late than never I guess lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

My (when I used to get a refund up until last year, /smh) is there in under a week.  My son's last two years has been the same.

Are you a high audit risk?  Complicated return?

Covid relief checks 💵 

I got my return 4 days ago and I filed around March 10.  

got my state return Mar 15th
then I got a Covid crash direct deposit on Mar 17th. 

and 3 and 1/2 months later the Fed 

If you filed electronically, provided bank info, and there isn't a matching issue between the withholding you claimed and IRS records, you should have your refund within 3 weeks. In most cases you should have it within two.

For those who had to wait a while, was there a Recovery Rebate Credit claimed on your return? That is new this year and could cause delays. 

3 hours ago, Process said:

If you filed electronically, provided bank info, and there isn't a matching issue between the withholding you claimed and IRS records, you should have your refund within 3 weeks. In most cases you should have it within two.

For those who had to wait a while, was there a Recovery Rebate Credit claimed on your return? That is new this year and could cause delays. 

I don't know but, Return was about $1,000 extra than expected.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

21 hours ago, Process said:

Just wanted to mention regarding the bold.....When we originally filed Jan 27th, think was the following week we got message it was approved. The amount we were approved for differed from the amount we got recently. We received about $1,000 more than what it said back in Feb when approved.

So not sure if that's the same as you're talking about or not, but have no idea why we got that amount extra besides maybe because they delay was so long? No other reason we can think of at all. Anyways....was just curious if recovery rebate credit you spoke of is why?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.