Have you gotten your tax refund back?

Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I lived in Los Angeles back in 2008 and I remember I didn't get my state tax return until September.

I'm in NC. 

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Mine was filed electronically as well.  I just checked the IRS site and said it’s still being processed.

Did mine electronically also...mine also says still processing. If you owe them though they want that ***** quick lol

If it says still processing, don't expect anything till at least Aug, prob later.

It's this new system the IRS put in a couple years back where it automatically pulls returns to be manually approved based on changes in your return from last year to the current year.  Unfortunately like everything the government does, the software is horrible and flags too many returns that have no changes or issues.

Your return will need to be manually signed off on by an IRS agent and they are millions of returns behind, especially since if you used your 2019 earned income for the earned income tax credit, those all have to be manually sign off on because the system couldn't handle that change.

The good ole government for you.  Forgot to mention, they cut funding to IRS and have less staff too.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I filed my immediately in late January after I received all my forms....still don't have it.

I received a letter from the IRS that they couldn't process my taxes until I provided more information. It was vague on what information that they needed. I went back to my tax preparer and showed her the letter. I told her I don't know what information they want. She read the IRS letter and said I'm not sure what they want. She called the special IRS line for tax preparers and after half an hour had an IRS rep on the phone. When asked what specific information do they want the IRS rep said I don't know. 

What's most exasperating is that I e-filed through my tax preparer's office just as I have been doing for years. The preparer showed me on her dual computer screen that this year's tax filing was virtually the same as last year's filing which resulted in a quick processing and refund. From the time I sent in the additional information I was informed that it could take another 4 months to process. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/05/11/tax-refund-delays-irs-printers-ink/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.