Bills Sign Reid Ferguson to 3-Year Extension**$675,000 signing bonus makes him NFL’s top paid long snapper

Given his skill, this guy came into the league at a good time for a decent length career at a once brutal job.

The NFL changed rules around a few years back to safeguard ST centers, who are pretty much defenseless.

• Like (+1) 2

This makes me think a little bit about how important having a good LS is to a team.  If your LS goes down during a game, I’m sure a C could snap for punts.  Field goals and extra points would be much more challenging.

Reid is an awesome dude, BTW.  You need to see him “work the crowd” of autograph seekers at camp.  Great personality.  Always one of the last players out there signing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rubes said:

Dude is money.

Make it rain Reid, 

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This makes me think a little bit about how important having a good LS is to a team.  If your LS goes down during a game, I’m sure a C could snap for punts.  Field goals and extra points would be much more challenging.

Reid is an awesome dude, BTW.  You need to see him “work the crowd” of autograph seekers at camp.  Great personality.  Always one of the last players out there signing.

I wish I could remember where I heard it but I believe a lot of teams back-up long snappers are usually tight ends.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ferguson is pretty damn reliable. Cannot remember a bad snap from him. I have no issues with paying him, he comes in for critical plays and bad snaps either set up the other team with great field position or take potential points off the board for us.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s no Garrison Sanborn

Garrison Keillor?

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes. I believe he actually lives in Buffalo year round. 

Good.  With the signing bonus he can give up the part time gig at Valu Home Centers.