Titans CB Janoris Jenkins parks his Rolls Royce at airport economy lot, gets stolen

18 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I know we're all really broken up about this. 

I'm going to have trouble sleeping over this. 

That poor man. He had nothing to begin with and now this....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It is not his fault.

Janoris Jenkins played for the Titans, a team for which both front office and players broke rules on COVID and barely got their had slapped and could be argued had advantage in having game postponed, so believes it cannot be at all partly responsible for leaving it in such a lot.

When insurance company raises rates and he has to contribute to replacing you know what he will do.

crying-53.gif

Why even bring the Rolls to the airport in the first place? Get a car to drive you there. Get your boy to bring the Rolls home. Take an Uber. Ride the damned MARTA. Anything. If you were willing to pay for three weeks of parking at an airport it should have at least occurred to you that renting a giant ass limo to take you there and pick you up would be cheaper. Rolls aside.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have a feeling  he parked it on level 3 but thinks it was on level 2.  That's why you take a picture of the lot you're in with your phone!

I know I get my Rolls mixed up with the others in the parking garage all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

If I had that kind of money Rolls Royce is the last car I would purchase. 

what would you get?  Personally, Ferrari would be high on the list.  or Bently.  or BMW i8.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I remember when my car was stolen years ago.  I called the cops and asked what they were going to do. They were like, "what do you think this is? CSI?"  

He's not getting that car back. 

You're not a $100m celebrity who can easily afford "charitable donations" to their police balls or whatever the hell they do these days.

1 hour ago, gobillsinytown said:

So the airport doesn't have security cameras?

We couldn't get any traction on local thieves stealing from our back porch and we had crystal clear shots of their faces from our cameras 15 feet away.  Those parking lot cameras are going to be much further away and only be as useful as showing a "(probably) male in dark hoodie) or something like that.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Was it a bundle deal?  You have to take advantage of those.  Like Hulu+Disney+ESPN

The dealership was very interesting. Buttoned down and unbuttoned at the same time.

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

what would you get?  Personally, Ferrari would be high on the list.  or Bently.  or BMW i8.  

Idk, I guess it depends. Imo you don't buy a rolls to drive a rolls. You buy a rolls to be driven in a rolls. If I'm going to drive it I agree there are much better options but driving a Ferrari in ATL traffic can't be fun and it has to be nerve wracking AF. I'd rather have something fun, but not crazy that i can thrash to death without ruining an investment and that I can navigate through a city without worrying too much about door dings at the grocery store.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Economy lot?

Oh just realized it was Atlanta.  Lol yeah, that car is probably in a shipping crate halfway around the world by now.  High end cars that get stolen (often fraudulently rented) from all around the Eastern US get their GPS cut and rushed to Atlanta to be shipped overseas.  If he's lucky it might still be in a chop shop in as few pieces as possible.

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Idk, I guess it depends. Imo you don't buy a rolls to drive a rolls. You buy a rolls to be driven in a rolls. If I'm going to drive it I agree there are much better options but driving a Ferrari in ATL traffic can't be fun and it has to be nerve wracking AF. I'd rather have something fun, but not crazy that i can thrash to death without ruining an investment and that I can navigate through a city without worrying too much about door dings at the grocery store.

Yeah my personal philosophy on cars is rather than buy a $50k car, I'd buy a good $10k used sports car, and put $15k of upgrades into it.  That way for $25k you have a car just as nice and fast/fun to drive (maybe more so) than the new $50k one.  As long as you keep the upgrades focused on performance rather than gaudy visual customization, it should retain its value better as well.

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Oh just realized it was Atlanta.  Lol yeah, that car is probably in a shipping crate halfway around the world by now.  High end cars that get stolen (often fraudulently rented) from all around the Eastern US get their GPS cut and rushed to Atlanta to be shipped overseas.  If he's lucky it might still be in a chop shop in as few pieces as possible.

So they put them in shipping containers and then presumably move them out of savannah or Burlington, yeah?

If only there were some sort of entities who were tasked with enforcing the laws and solving crimes.

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Yeah my personal philosophy on cars is rather than buy a $50k car, I'd buy a good $10k used sports car, and put $15k of upgrades into it.  That way for $25k you have a car just as nice and fast/fun to drive (maybe more so) than the new $50k one.  As long as you keep the upgrades focused on performance rather than gaudy visual customization, it should retain its value better as well.

Exactly. I want something I can enjoy not just park and look at.