Titans CB Janoris Jenkins parks his Rolls Royce at airport economy lot, gets stolen

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

So they put them in shipping containers and then presumably move them out of savannah or Burlington, yeah?

If only there were some sort of entities who were tasked with enforcing the laws and solving crimes.

Exactly. I want something I can enjoy not just park and look at.

Yeah, easier said than done there.  Atlanta area police are reportedly very reluctant to step in and help even if you can literally say you (maybe some paraphrasing) tracked the GPS to what is clearly a chop shop, watching it be gutted at a mechanic shop somehow working on cars at 2am on a Saturday night.

A contributor for VINWiki documented his experience in exactly that kind of situation on their YouTube channel.  I think someone used fake or stolen credentials to rent from his exotics rental business, and they basically chased him to Atlanta after they cut the wrong wires and didn't fully disable the GPS.

44 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Why even bring the Rolls to the airport in the first place? Get a car to drive you there. Get your boy to bring the Rolls home. Take an Uber. Ride the damned MARTA. Anything. If you were willing to pay for three weeks of parking at an airport it should have at least occurred to you that renting a giant ass limo to take you there and pick you up would be cheaper. Rolls aside.

I know I get my Rolls mixed up with the others in the parking garage all the time.

Usually when people have nice cars, they like to drive them

Not that I wish ill upon him, but this makes me chuckle..., having money does not equate to making good decisions...,

14 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Yeah, easier said than done there.  Atlanta area police are reportedly very reluctant to step in and help even if you can literally say you (maybe some paraphrasing) tracked the GPS to what is clearly a chop shop, watching it be gutted at a mechanic shop somehow working on cars at 2am on a Saturday night.

That's what I was getting at. That's not on the list of things they feel is worth their time.  They've got air fresheners and taillights to check.

17 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Usually when people have nice cars, they like to drive them

Yeah, I know when I'm out in economy parking it's a sea of exotic vehicles that people like to drive and then leave in stupid places.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Never parked at ATL, so I went to the airport web site to look.  The garage is only daily parking, and the economy lot is right next to that.  So it's not like he parked out in east BumF.  The cops should be able to piece together some leads from camera footage and the credit card used to exit the lot, but they won't spend the time.  That's why God invented car insurance.

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

image.png.5444ae407fbdb7fbd600fe904e2bc57e.png

That happened to me too, in Dublin California.  The cops wouldn't do a damned thing.  But I did get the car back.  Minus a few things.  Engine, doors, body panels, seats, transmission.  They left the convertible top they cut through to get in, and the steering wheel they cut to get The Club off.  

Probably his car had a scratch or two so it was time to move on to a 2021 Bentley.  So many other players have older Rollses that his didn't stand out.

On a related note, did you notice ticket prices have gone up?

It is funny... I don't like to park our 6 year old CR-V at the airport (or at an offsite lot) specifically because airports are in dodgy areas with significantly higher crime.  At least Seatac is, anyway.

The 45-minute Lyft drive was cheaper than the 10 nights of parking, even at discounted off airport pricing.

52 minutes ago, Utah John said:

That happened to me too, in Dublin California.  The cops wouldn't do a damned thing.  But I did get the car back.  Minus a few things.  Engine, doors, body panels, seats, transmission.  They left the convertible top they cut through to get in, and the steering wheel they cut to get The Club off.  

What about the Creedence tapes?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

There's been a major uptick in crime in Atlanta. The guy running for mayor down there had his car stole in front of him by a couple of kids 😆

not exactly a major uptick - crime has been synonymous w/ ATL for a long time. One of several big reasons I left and would never live there again.

34 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

hey, nothin’ wrong with being thrifty

In a lot of instances, sure.  In this instance...not so much.

And Jenkins was even dumber by not blaming this on a buddy.