Clean bill of health for TE Tommy Sweeney

HOUSE

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Rumor is he is going to Philly for Zack Ertz

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/zach-ertz-tommy-sweeney-trade/

:oops:

I believe it is for Mrs. Zach Ertz, we can fit her under cap without cutting another starter

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXYe9MD0c0/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=cbc32e45-8b4f-4c04-9aca-3078623fa9a6

He is the best TE on this team. Had really good chemistry with Josh his rookie season. He will be the second TE in 12 personnel groupings. Coming out in the draft he was considered one of the better blocking TE but he really surprise people with is toughness and hands across the middle of the field. The battle for the other TE position between Knox and Hollister will be fun. Lets all agree Knox is not reliable.

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have high hopes for him. I can see him developing into a reliable #2. 

One of my bold predictions from last year's preseason was that Sweeney would have the most receiving yards for Bills TEs.  I love this kid.  I'll boldly predict the same for this season.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

He is the best TE on this team. Had really good chemistry with Josh his rookie season. He will be the second TE in 12 personnel groupings. Coming out in the draft he was considered one of the better blocking TE but he really surprise people with is toughness and hands across the middle of the field. The battle for the other TE position between Knox and Hollister will be fun. Lets all agree Knox is not reliable.

Let’s not. I don’t and neither do the coaches or teammates.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

He looked alright in the 2019 preseason but i didn't see the hands in the regular season.  He also missed an entire year (to no fault of his own), that definitely will put him behind on a development curve.  I know nothing about becker, other than that he is a big blocking TE type, which seems to be the player they would want to keep as the 4th man on the 53.  

I'm the eternal optimist, but I was impressed with him in the second half of the 2019 season, albeit from a small sample size.  Without going to look up up the stats, it seemed like he caught just about everything thrown his way and his RAC yardage was pretty good.  I'm looking for some decent contribution from him this upcoming season if he's on the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DJB said:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable turn in this thread to Edmunds. 

Edmunds to TE? Not a bad idea.

15 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Gents, the league is not ready for a healthy “TOUCHDOWN” Tommy Sweeney... FACT!

Isn't he related to Jack Nichlaus, or is it Phil Mickelson? I forget.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

I'm curious why you feel Sweeney would be a sho-in for #2 TE in 1-2 sets?

Seems to me it would be Knox and Hollister, who I believe is a pretty good blocker.

Yes, Sweeney blocked well in college but he just hasn't seen the field much in the pros to say "yes" or "no" yet.

I hope that the Sween will be the #2 TE and at times will be more efficient than Knox. 

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Let’s not. I don’t and neither do the coaches or teammates.

Thank you for stating this! It seems that some on this board feel that if you're not a Travis Kelce clone by year 2, you should be kicked to the street or worse. Knox clearly has elements of his game that he must improve, but I trust this Staff to get him there. When this happens, the crickets will stop making noise and deny ever making the comments. I'm not opposed to bringing in Ertz or any other upgrade, but until that happens, Knox is the best TE on the roster and should be supported, not hated.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Rumor is he is going to Philly for Zack Ertz

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/zach-ertz-tommy-sweeney-trade/

:oops:

I'm confused (not an unusual state for me). I was under the impression that Sweeney had Covid and developed myocarditis (as explained in the OP).

The Heavy writer suggests he was a "close contact" of someone with Covid and makes it seem as though his myocarditis was unrelated to Covid. At least the way I read it:

The 25-year-old is a former seventh-round pick (2019) who was shut down after Week 10 last year due to a heart condition. ESPN reported that Sweeney suffers from myocarditis, a disease marked by the inflammation of the heart muscle.

The Boston College product also suffered a foot injury to start his 2020 campaign, then hit the Reserve/COVID-19 list in Week 7 because he was in close contact to a teammate who tested positive...

The Boston College product also suffered a foot injury to start his 2020 campaign, then hit the Reserve/COVID-19 list in Week 7 because he was in close contact to a teammate who tested positive...

Did Sweeney have a know heart condition before the draft?