Strongest Arms in NFL History (Josh Allen and Jim Kelly both featured)

MJS

Wow, this was a treat to watch. Some great QB's with big arms. Josh Allen is featured at the 3:10 mark and Jim Kelly is featured at the 9:26 mark.

(You will likely need to click through to Youtube)

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just started to watch, but had to comment. It's a shame Vick wasn't a better QB... or human being for that matter... because it was always fun to watch him zing a football 60 yds on a rope with the flick of his wrist.

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, transient said:

Just started to watch, but had to comment. It's a shame Vick wasn't a better QB... or human being for that matter... because it was always fun to watch him zing a football 60 yds on a rope with the flick of his wrist.

Vick had a heck of an arm. He really should be in the conversation for strongest arms in NFL history. He just wasn't accurate enough, and my guess is he wasn't great at reading defenses. He obviously bailed the pocket a lot to run. He also lacked touch. Great athlete with a big arm, though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 97bills said:

I loved Jim Kelly and never thought it would take so long to get another QB. That was worth mentioning with Jim Kelly but his turnovers killed us in big games. 

All I saw were Kelly deep dimes in this montage, sorry 🤔😁💪

In all seriousness, yes, there were trade offs to his gunslinger mentality, just like with Favre or Elway, etc., but more often than not while we had him, we got the good end of that bargain with Jim. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Jeff George had the best arm but lack of control is what stopped him from becoming best QB in NFL.

If only a coach could get thru to him.

Yeah, George had an amazing arm. How would you compare Allen and him in pure arm strength? 

No QB has ever thrown a ball even close to the velocity Allen has been clocked at in Sports Science. It was so much higher than anyone else they ever checked it they had to keep checking and rechecking the radar gun because they thought it was impossible and the gun was broken.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jimbo and Allen definitely have some of the strongest arms to ever play the game

In modern football Allen has the best velocity of all time but Elway probably would've been right up there

The Elway cross was a legendary thing

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

Man 

moon had moon shots it’s so crazy how high he threw them but wow perfect 

Moon was one of the prettiest throwers of the football ever. He could really sling it.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

After I watched Matthew Stanford I had to think what a waste of talent. The guy never had a real team around him.

That video really shows how good Stafford could have been if he had gone to a better organization. Shame indeed.