New NFL-NFLPA Covid protocols

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

This thread will not be allowed to become Beasley Thread Part Deux.

If you posted on here and your post was considered of general interest, but about Cole Beasley and his Twitter-fest, check the locked Beasley thread.

I may have moved it there.

Should this thread stay open to talk about the NFL/NFLPA covid protocols in general, or should it lock?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should this thread stay open as a place to talk about NFL/NFLPA Covid protocols in general?

• Yes, keep it open, there are points to be discussed
    • No, lock its ass, people will just use it to go on about Cole Beasley's tweetfest

8 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

The NFLPA website says the Bills don’t have a rep picked, but Harrison Phillips and Dion Dawkins are alternates.

https://nflpa.com/about/nflpa-officers

I guess their rep used to be Zo Alexander, though you woulda thought they woulda picked one last season to replace him.

OK, so he should talk to Phillips and Dawkins.  He should try to put it as questions - how do they know that vaccinated players won't come back to the hotel and infect me?

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

"That's why I'm on here"?!? Because everything gets solved on Twitter? That's his best place to go?

Ah yeah, see, he has no real intention of "getting things right". He just wants to be contrarian so he feels smarter.

Dude was annoying on the Cowboys All or Nothing. Still a dumb little punk now.

I'm not judging his motives.  If he has questions, and is upset about the protocols, Twitter is clearly not his best place to go. 

But he should have a place to go, and the people who crafted the protocols should be willing to explain and defend them, not brush him off.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I bet that is a job no one wants 

You may be right.  Maybe Beasley should take it on LOL

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess their rep used to be Zo Alexander, though you woulda thought they woulda picked one last season to replace him.

OK, so he should talk to Phillips and Dawkins.  He should try to put it as questions - how do they know that vaccinated players won't come back to the hotel and infect me?

You're assuming he wants to have an actual conversation, and will really bother to listen to answers. Which he would have done by now if that were true.

He isn't "tweeting in good faith".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bills save $4M on the cap if they were to cut Beasely.

Just saying.

Cole Beasley caught 77% of the 106 balls thrown his way last season.   He came within 34 yards (half a games production) of 1000 yd season.  He played 3 playoff games on a broken leg.  He's a helluva football player.

Just saying.

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You're assuming he wants to have an actual conversation, and will really bother to listen to answers. Which he would have done by now if that were true.  He isn't "tweeting in good faith".

I'm assuming he's upset about the protocols and isn't quite sure how to channel that concern productively - a problem that's not unique to football players.

He's not a guy who habitually hangs out on Twitter to start fights and keep rolling with them like Rachel Bush does.  Well, she's not a guy, but you get my point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Cole Beasley caught 77% of the 106 balls thrown his way last season.   He came within 34 yards (half a games production) of 1000 yd season.  He played 3 playoff games on a broken leg.  He's a helluva football player.

Just saying.

And we still signed Emmanuel Sanders.

32 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For being on a team that decided they would not discuss vaccinations with the media, Beasley sure is saying a lot of stuff...

And wait until a reporter asks Beasley about his latest twitter meltdown and the usual suspects here will trash the reporter for doing his job. Like clockwork.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

And wait until a reporter asks Beasley about his latest twitter meltdown and the usual suspects here will trash the reporter for doing his job. Like clockwork.

Bills PR won’t put him in front of the media, plus the entire team won’t be available for well over a month 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills PR won’t put him in front of the media, plus the entire team won’t be available for well over a month 

I hope the next time McD or Beane speak with the media, every question is about Beasley.

• Like (+1) 4

We have a very large and strong union with my job.  Our union also reached an agreement on vaccines without our vote.  Not all things required member body vote to come to an agreement within a union.  We actually got a really good deal for getting vaccinated and had over 80% of 13,000 vaccinated within 2 weeks of agreement.  Those who remain unvaccinated, that’s their choice, but life will become very inconvenient for them.

This really doesn’t seem that hard, not sure why it is for some of them.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He is, but he could also be a major locker room disrupter this season.  I'm sure most teams have at least 1 similar player, hopefully McD is able to keep this under control, if not it can turn into a major distraction this team doesn't need.  

15 hours ago, Logic said:

Mongo would be a surefire 1st round pick in the “Bills players I wouldn’t want to pick a fight with” draft.

That’s my favorite thing about him! He will come in and move the pile for 3-4 yards after the RB gets held up. I absolutely LOVE that about him! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

So much for keeping the convos in the locker room like the leaders of the offense and defense said would happen.

Why will they continue to be asked about vaccinations? Because Cole won’t shut up.

3 hours ago, Process said:

🤡 

• Like (+1) 4

Forget about the subject matter, I don’t even want to discuss that part. My issue is the fact that Beasley feels such a need to be heard. It’s simply a case of self above team. If he has an issue with NFLPA, he should be free to address that in the proper forum. Instead he’s using his platform to share personal thoughts that stray from being solely a team related issue. There’s no need to convince the public of anything, he’s free to believe whatever he chooses, but take up the issue with the proper people. That’s a much better option than engaging in such non-process style attention seeking. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2