Who is the next Wyatt Teller

Who do you see on the current roster that the Bills might give up on that has the potential to become a Pro Bowler?

(and I know the Bills didn't necessarily "give up" on Teller, but they gave away a future pro bowler on the cheap).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, OnTheRocks said:

Who do you see on the current roster that the Bills might give up on that has the potential to become a Pro Bowler?

(and I know the Bills didn't necessarily "give up" on Teller, but they gave away a future pro bowler on the cheap).

wow what a clever shade post. Not even mad. 

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

If he's traded or cut that means Lamp outplayed him. I'd be ok with that

Me too. I figure it has a chance to be Ford because (1) Beane seems to have misevaluated OG talent trading away Teller; and/or (2) I could see Ford fitting better in a different scheme and thriving if his skillset is utilized to its fullest.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

wow what a clever shade post. Not even mad. 

Since Teller's haul was used to select Tyler Bass and trade for Diggs, it's not like we got nothing of value in return.  With our current depth, I have no doubt that we will cut someone that will start for another team.  These are good problems to have.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

If he's traded or cut that means Lamp outplayed him. I'd be ok with that

As critical of the Ford selection, and his play, as I have been..........he does have two seasons of team control left so he could in theory end up as a backup to Lamp and then succeed him in 2022 if Lamp does well and departs in FA.    I won't shed a tear if he gets sent off but they've got guys like Lamp and Bates and Boettger (and essentially Morse) on one year deals so if Ford shows improvement I could see them holding on to him even if he can't beat out Lamp or Feliciano for work.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Me too. I figure it has a chance to be Ford because (1) Beane seems to have misevaluated OG talent trading away Teller; and/or (2) I could see Ford fitting better in a different scheme and thriving if his skillset is utilized to its fullest.

To be fair, we need players of his skillset. He's more of a "bulldozer" and we need better run blocking. I think if he can improve upon his pass blocking, there's zero chance he doesnt start unless Lamp is just that much better. I'm higher on Lamp than a lot of folks though.

35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As critical of the Ford selection, and his play, as I have been..........he does have two seasons of team control left so he could in theory end up as a backup to Lamp and then succeed him in 2022 if Lamp does well and departs in FA.    I won't shed a tear if he gets sent off but they've got guys like Lamp and Bates and Boettger (and essentially Morse) on one year deals so if Ford shows improvement I could see them holding on to him even if he can't beat out Lamp or Feliciano for work.

Exactly. we're not in a bad position, competition wise, on the OL