When does the NFL Network Top 100 come out? Where will Josh rank?

eball

17 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I suspect he will be top 10.  If they went off talent alone and not favor the QB position he might be lower than the WR trio of Diggs, Adams, and Hopkins.  But given QB's get a bump my guess he will be top 5.

There are some intriguing non-QB players to rank. Quenton Nelson is by far the best guard in the league.  Kelce and Kittle are superstars.  Besides Aaron Donald there are several defenders that are top 10 worthy as well like Ramsey, TJ Watt, and Joey Bosa.  

Talent alone.

OK.

Well, since QB is by far the most difficult position to play well in sports, Allen is going to, and should be, ranked higher than any WR in the game.

Think of it like a new league staring and all the players are released into a talent pool. You are one of 32 GM's and you hold the 5th or 6th pick. Josh Allen is on the board as well as Diggs, Adams and Hopkins. If you select one of those WR's before Allen, your stay as a GM in the new league most likely will be short lived.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2021 at 1:56 PM, Big Blitz said:

I guarantee he is not top 5.  Top 10 maybe.  

Brady will be top 5 and probably number 1 or 2 even though he doesn't deserve it for all the reasons you mentioned. He was #14 last year and it was arguably the worst year since his first few in the early 2000's.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2021 at 7:16 AM, HappyDays said:

Allen has a ton of respect from the players, moreso than the fans. I was shocked he made it onto the list at all last year. I think he has a decent shot of being top 5, if I had to bet on it I'd guess #8.

Same here. If it was a fan vote no way Allen would have sniffed the top 100 last year. Will be interesting to see where he lands among his peers this year. 

12 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I hope they rank him low to piss him off.

I like Josh with a chip.    That's worked out well so far.    When he gets to the point of mid-career Brady........where he goes years between performances like the one in the AFCCG last year.........then perhaps it won't matter.    But for now, there is still room to grow for a player with such an immense ceiling.......and having doubters has seemed to motivate him.

On 5/27/2021 at 11:34 AM, Brennan Huff said:

He had an amazing year. Especially at his age. But he didn’t even crack the top 3 in the MVP voting. He’s still a very good player, but he’s definitely on the decline. IMO, they were lucky to make it to the Super Bowl with his 3 interceptions..

He didn't EVEN crack top 3, and that's why he's on the decline? What kind of argument is that? Also, only 3 players even got votes.

I mean, of course he's on the decline since he's 44 but he was a top 5 QB last year (I don't care about your lower ranking because you don't like him) and I don't think he's falling off a cliff any time soon.

• Disagree 1

On 5/28/2021 at 11:34 AM, warrior9 said:

I've been racking my brain on "Neslon" for a about 5 minutes. Why can't I figure out who that is? ......

Also, I have a hard time believing Myles Garrett won't be in the top 10. 

My top 10 in no particular order (that I think they'll put in there) :

Rodgers, Mahomes, Donald, Allen, Garrett, Diggs, Adams, Brady, Henry,

I'm stuck on 10 between Watt, Matthieu, Kelce 

Watt and Bosa > Garrett imo

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/27/2021 at 7:02 AM, eball said:

So, prior to last season the rankings had Josh at #87, which was somewhat controversial in that many felt he didn’t belong there.  After his breakout 2020 season, finishing 2nd in MVP voting and getting to the AFC Championship game, where will he fall?  I’m predicting top 5.  Thoughts?

Numero ***** uno!🧐

49 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

5th QB, maybe 4th ahead of Wilson, but topping Mahomes and the established QB's (AR/RW), and the SB winner is maybe a year away.  Josh hasn't knocked anybody off any podiums... yet

I’d be shocked if Wilson was ranked ahead of him.  

Rodgers will be #1 for sure. 50/50 with Mahomes/allen for 2nd.   Brady is Brady, but Josh had a better season minus our last game. 60/40 allen is the 3rd qb if he’s not 2nd imo.  Aaron Donald could be as high as 2, behind Rodgers and as far down as 5 behind Mahomes/Allen and Brady.  Maybe they drop Brady back a few and adams or diggs can finish ahead of him, but I don’t think it’ll happen. Dude won yet another SB.... in his first year with a new team.  Impressive 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’d be shocked if Wilson was ranked ahead of him.  

Rodgers will be #1 for sure. 50/50 with Mahomes/allen for 2nd.   Brady is Brady, but Josh had a better season minus our last game. 60/40 allen is the 3rd qb if he’s not 2nd imo.  Aaron Donald could be as high as 2, behind Rodgers and as far down as 5 behind Mahomes/Allen and Brady.  Maybe they drop Brady back a few and adams or diggs can finish ahead of him, but I don’t think it’ll happen. Dude won yet another SB.... in his first year with a new team.  Impressive 

I'm coming from the stodgy old NFL voters perspective, not mine.  Mahomes is ahead of Allen, Rodgers is Rodgers, and Brady won it all.  Tough to jump any of them in establishment eyes, imo.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I'm coming from the stodgy old NFL voters perspective, not mine.  Mahomes is ahead of Allen, Rodgers is Rodgers, and Brady won it all.  Tough to jump any of them in establishment eyes, imo.  

I here ya.  The thing is, it’s not old nfl voters voting.  It’s the players.  It’s a new breed of people.....but I do agree, it’ll be tough to jump them just yet

• Like (+1) 1