When does the NFL Network Top 100 come out? Where will Josh rank?

eball

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Allen has a ton of respect from the players, moreso than the fans. I was shocked he made it onto the list at all last year. I think he has a decent shot of being top 5, if I had to bet on it I'd guess #8.

He is definitely a top 10 player in the NFL.  And I would put Diggs top 20 easily.  And the way Beasley played last year.  He should be top 50.  Tre White needs to be in the top 50 also.  Lets go Buffalo.  This is OUR year baby!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is my top 10 guess;

Rodgers

Mahomes

Brady

A. Donald

L. Jackson

Allen

Henry

Diggs

D. Adams

Watson

Edited by Inigo Montoya

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I agree. I don't think he cracks the top 10 this year.  But, you never know...

If anyone thinks that Brady won't be top 5 after winning the Super Bowl, you live in another universe. Does Brady deserve top 5? Perhaps not, but he will absolutely be top 5.

He beat Washington.....barely.  Some guy named Heineken was their QB

They beat Drew Brees who threw 3 INTs because his arm literally was dead.  We all watched that game and felt sorry for him.  He shouldn't have played.  

They were gifted the NFC Championship because the Packers went full stupid at the end......Brady threw 3 INTs

The Chiefs played with cones as an offensive line and their Defense is why they won. 

Brady walks into Mike Evans AB Godwin Gronk Fournette and a very good oline.  

No.  Just no.  That was one of the worst playoff runs ever.  They got every break of significance that had nothing to do with Tom Brady. 

I guarantee he is not top 5.  Top 10 maybe.  

Tom Brady isn't one of the 10 best QBs in the league.

I know this because he needs THREE of the best WRs in the NFL to put up decent numbers.  

Now do I want him to be my QB in a Super Bowl?  Yes absolutely.  

Would I want him for 17 games if my offense had Las Vegas Raiders weapons for an offense?  Or even the Ravens, Eagles, Bears, or most any team not the Chiefs Bills or Dallas like weapons.........he picked Tampa for a reason folks....

Zero chance.  Zero chance you're making the playoffs.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

I think he'll be in the 7-10 range. I think he needs to do it for another year for top 5

It should be top 100 for THAT SEASON. Past performance should have no effect on where they're rated. Whether they're one year wonders or HOFers shouldn't matter.

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He beat Washington.....barely.  Some guy named Heineken was their QB

They beat Drew Brees who threw 3 INTs because his arm literally was dead.  We all watched that game and felt sorry for him.  He shouldn't have played.  

They were gifted the NFC Championship because the Packers went full stupid at the end......Brady threw 3 INTs

The Chiefs played with cones as an offensive line and their Defense is why they won. 

Brady walks into Mike Evans AB Godwin Gronk Fournette and a very good oline.  

No.  Just no.  That was one of the worst playoff runs ever.  They got every break of significance that had nothing to do with Tom Brady. 

I guarantee he is not top 5.  Top 10 maybe.  

Tom Brady isn't one of the 10 best QBs in the league.

I know this because he needs THREE of the best WRs in the NFL to put up decent numbers.  

Now do I want him to be my QB in a Super Bowl?  Yes absolutely.  

Would I want him for 17 games if my offense had Las Vegas Raiders weapons for an offense?  Or even the Ravens, Eagles, Bears, or most any team not the Chiefs Bills or Dallas like weapons.........he picked Tampa for a reason folks....

Zero chance.  Zero chance you're making the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

What kind of wager would you like to make? I’m 100% certain he won’t be in the top 5

Look, I don't think he deserves it, I just think it will happen. It's just the Brady love fest world we live in. If he ties his shoes the proper way he'll have a mob of people ready to congratulate him. I don't think he deserves top 10. But I do think he'll land in the top 5.

Brady was 14th his last year as a Patriot. That year where their offense was crap and Brady was frustrated out of his mind all year with his receivers. In what wild world was Brady a top 14 player in 2019? He was nowhere near that, but yet that's where he ranked. His lowest rank before then was 6th. I just think with him switching teams and winning the Superbowl he'll get over hyped and land in the top 5, even though he doesn't deserve it.

Edited by MJS

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

Look, I don't think he deserves it, I just think it will happen. It's just the Brady love fest world we live in. If he ties his shoes the proper way he'll have a mob of people ready to congratulate him. I don't think he deserves top 10. But I do think he'll land in the top 5.

Brady was 14th his last year as a Patriot. That year where their offense was crap and Brady was frustrated out of his mind all year with his receivers. In what wild world was Brady a top 14 player in 2019? He was nowhere near that, but yet that's where he ranked. His lowest rank before then was 6th. I just think with him switching teams and winning the Superbowl he'll get over hyped and land in the top 5, even though he doesn't deserve it.

Cant we just keep arguing about it? 

14 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I respect the ***** out of him. Did you watch the NFC Championship game? He threw 3 interceptions in the 2nd half. Green Bay ***** it up. Yes, they were luck to win that game. And that’s all I have to say about it. Good day to you 

He had a very mixed year. He threw more just flat out bad picks than I have ever seen him throw. But at the end of the year when the Buccs were chasing a playoff berth he played his best football and then while he was pretty average in the NFCCG he played great in the Superbowl.

I agree with you he was about the 6th best in the league last season. 

I suspect he will be top 10.  If they went off talent alone and not favor the QB position he might be lower than the WR trio of Diggs, Adams, and Hopkins.  But given QB's get a bump my guess he will be top 5.

There are some intriguing non-QB players to rank. Quenton Nelson is by far the best guard in the league.  Kelce and Kittle are superstars.  Besides Aaron Donald there are several defenders that are top 10 worthy as well like Ramsey, TJ Watt, and Joey Bosa.  

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I suspect he will be top 10.  If they went off talent alone and not favor the QB position he might be lower than the WR trio of Diggs, Adams, and Hopkins.  But given QB's get a bump my guess he will be top 5.

There are some intriguing non-QB players to rank. Quenton Nelson is by far the best guard in the league.  Kelce and Kittle are superstars.  Besides Aaron Donald there are several defenders that are top 10 worthy as well like Ramsey, TJ Watt, and Joey Bosa.  

I don't think Jalen Ramsey is top 10 worthy, personally.

On 5/27/2021 at 10:59 AM, Big Blitz said:

#4 behind:

Mahomes

Rodgers

Donald 

In any order the rest of the top 10:

Adams 

Ramsey 

Nelson

Cook

Henry

Diggs

I've been racking my brain on "Neslon" for a about 5 minutes. Why can't I figure out who that is? ......

Also, I have a hard time believing Myles Garrett won't be in the top 10. 

My top 10 in no particular order (that I think they'll put in there) :

Rodgers, Mahomes, Donald, Allen, Garrett, Diggs, Adams, Brady, Henry,

I'm stuck on 10 between Watt, Matthieu, Kelce 

Edited by warrior9

On 5/27/2021 at 6:02 AM, eball said:

So, prior to last season the rankings had Josh at #87, which was somewhat controversial in that many felt he didn’t belong there.  After his breakout 2020 season, finishing 2nd in MVP voting and getting to the AFC Championship game, where will he fall?  I’m predicting top 5.  Thoughts?

Top 10 as the top-100 includes Defensive players too. 

#101, so he throws for 5300 yards, rushes fir 500, and pisses off every NFLN analyst and of course pff so they have eat their crow and finally give him respect.

God, I can’t wait for him to show this wasn’t a fluke last year. Oh and all of those Lamar just needs receivers eat their words when he has no 6 guys they drafted in the last 3 years as well as Sammy etc., and still is #32 in the NFL in passing.  Bitter, maybe a little.

I understand the question mark before 2020.  Now it’s just silly.  

in all seriousness, he’ll make the top 10.  It will still be lower than it should be given he was the runner up for mvp, but I don’t see these clowns giving him #2 although he earned it.  If you just think of the definition which is who impacted his team the most, how can you not say Allen didn’t make this team the last year.

Edited by machine gun kelly

He is in Top 5 QBs in everyone's list.   Considering that there are 3-5 marquee players at skill positions and the guys who sack the QB,  I would say he will be somewhere between 8-15.  Watching and hearing some of the off season NFL shows, there are still plenty of doubters of Allen and they participate in creating this Top 100 list; hence there is going to be that push against him. 

I can easily see the following players (who are all fantastic players) above Allen in the rankings (Due to some of their bias for these players and against Allen).

QB:  Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, Jackson and Watson

RB:  Henry 

WR: Hopkins,  Diggs, Adams

TE:  Kelce

DL: Donald,   T.J. Watt

DB: Howard, Adams, Ramsey

4 minutes ago, ganesh said:

He is in Top 5 QBs in everyone's list.   Considering that there are 3-5 marquee players at skill positions and the guys who sack the QB,  I would say he will be somewhere between 8-15.  Watching and hearing some of the off season NFL shows, there are still plenty of doubters of Allen and they participate in creating this Top 100 list; hence there is going to be that push against him. 

I can easily see the following players (who are all fantastic players) above Allen in the rankings (Due to some of their bias for these players and against Allen).

QB:  Rodgers, Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, Jackson and Watson

RB:  Henry 

WR: Hopkins,  Diggs, Adams

TE:  Kelce

DL: Donald,   T.J. Watt

DB: Howard, Adams, Ramsey

You just accurately typified why I could care less about shows like this just like power rankings.  Currently among most we are #3 and that is very fair, but if we were ranked #6, does it really matter if we end up 14-3, top ranked, make the SB, and whether we win or lose we made it.  I certainly think we can make it this year.  We certainly aren’t making 10.5 like the odds makers State.  That’s ok as they picked us in Vegas to win 8-9 last year.