When does the NFL Network Top 100 come out? Where will Josh rank?

eball

So, prior to last season the rankings had Josh at #87, which was somewhat controversial in that many felt he didn’t belong there.  After his breakout 2020 season, finishing 2nd in MVP voting and getting to the AFC Championship game, where will he fall?  I’m predicting top 5.  Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 2

Usually i would expect somewhere in the 20-40 range based on players thinking he needs to prove he can do it more than once, BUT its clear from his ranking last year that the players hold him in much higher regard than what most fans/media expected. With that in mind i think he'll come in anywhere from 5-15...... And its gonna be awesome to watch certain media members skin crawl when that happens.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

He has to be top 25, but in that group, I don't know if they'll put him in the top 5 or stick him at 25, or somewhere in between.

12 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Jalen Ramsey voted him #436

Hopefully, he'll be ranked higher than Ramsey.  I don't know that they face each other this season, but can you imagine the trash talk in that game?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen has a ton of respect from the players, moreso than the fans. I was shocked he made it onto the list at all last year. I think he has a decent shot of being top 5, if I had to bet on it I'd guess #8.

This exactly. 

It's why he made the Top #100 last year (even many Bills fans were shocked when that happened).

The coaches/players know what Quarterbacks are legitimately tough to play against.  They know who is getting propped up by schemes, and overrated by statistics.  Don't forget that guys like Mitch Morse and Cole Beasley said they signed in Buffalo because they wanted to play with Josh Allen.  And that was after his rookie season.