What team will land Daboll?

44 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Raiders are in hot seat for $10 million a season and coach can point to front office and competition in division as reasons why they losing.

I do not think owner will dump Gruden unless he has a major scandal. 

Probably not... But how long do you keep the guy around when he's not successful?

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sirianni already on the hot seat? Rock Paper Scissors really rubbed ownership the wrong way I guess. 

Yolo is this the same op that sends out new topics and never comes back and is like ten

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Cowboys - McCarthy is probably playoffs or bust. 

Giants - Not sure how long a leash judge gets if they stink again. 

Bears - Nagy is probably on the hot seat even if the GM bought himself some time by making the move for Fields.

Raiders - How long do you keep a coach who's been consistently average to below average. 

Bengals - 6-25-1... when do you start winning?

Vikings - Unlikely - they'd really have to bottom out.  

Texans - Only likely if they finish dead last.

Broncos - seems inevitable with no QB.  They'll swing for watson tho.

Bengals are an interesting idea.

I could see them firing Taylor after 3 years, and Burrow is the best QB on that list of teams imo.

I also wonder if they would go hard at Joe Brady if he can turn Darnold around at all this year, and try to reunite him with Burrow.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bengals are an interesting idea.

I could see them firing Taylor after 3 years, and Burrow is the best QB on that list of teams imo.

I also wonder if they would go hard at Joe Brady if he can turn Darnold around at all this year, and try to reunite him with Burrow.

Thats the thing - daboll is the man right now.  Roman was the man in 2019 and didn't even get an interview last year. 

21 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Probably not... But how long do you keep the guy around when he's not successful?

Unfortunately (for Raiders fans and I hate them so to me this is great) - I think with the contract given - he sticks around for 9 of the 10 years unless you can recoup some of the money.  

That ownership team is hard up for cash and that is the highest paid coach and he still has until 2028 on his contract - so I think they will keep him 5 more years even if he sucks because they can’t afford him and another coach at the same time.

I think that team in that division is in for a world of hurt for the next 5-6 years - especially if Herbert continues to grow and I think even if they want to move on the contract was so stupid - they are just stuck in an endless loop - unless Jon just up and quits and saves the franchise the agony of having to fire him.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sirianni already on the hot seat? Rock Paper Scissors really rubbed ownership the wrong way I guess. 

Donahoe 'pouring poison' in everyone's ears about Sirianni.  If there's an Iago in Philly, it's Donahoe...😁

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NakedSquid said:

If Daboll had another great year he'll probably have his pick of a few teams.  

Eagles

Cowboys

Bangals

Raiders 

Hot seat coaches 2021:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-head-coaches-on-hot-seat-2021

I think he'll take Turbiski to Philly.  

I just hope the Bills are training his replacement.  So we don't have a fall off after he leaves. 

giphy.gif

Edited by DJB
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Thats the thing - daboll is the man right now.  Roman was the man in 2019 and didn't even get an interview last year. 

Roman isnt a great comparison, imo. Everyone in the league knows who/what he is and what he does. He deserved some kudos in 2019 for re-crafting an offense to fit a very specific player, but most teams don't want to operate that way.

I dont think he got any looks after he helped lead the 9ers to Super Bowl 48 either. Teams know who he is and dont care for his system.

If Josh and Co put up another season like they did last year, Daboll will be the hot commodity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NakedSquid said:

If Daboll had another great year he'll probably have his pick of a few teams.  

Eagles

Cowboys

Bangals

Raiders 

Hot seat coaches 2021:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-head-coaches-on-hot-seat-2021

I think he'll take Turbiski to Philly.  

I just hope the Bills are training his replacement.  So we don't have a fall off after he leaves. 

TURBISKI TO BANGALS, FOR THE WIN!

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

Cowboys - McCarthy is probably playoffs or bust. 

Giants - Not sure how long a leash judge gets if they stink again. 

Bears - Nagy is probably on the hot seat even if the GM bought himself some time by making the move for Fields.

Raiders - How long do you keep a coach who's been consistently average to below average. 

Bengals - 6-25-1... when do you start winning?

Vikings - Unlikely - they'd really have to bottom out.  

Texans - Only likely if they finish dead last.

Broncos - seems inevitable with no QB.  They'll swing for watson tho.

First, I hope he stays.  Second, if he leaves, Chicago with Fields has to be the top destination for him.  If Nagy does not have a good season, I see them canning him if they can land Daboll, esp. with a young QB (Fields) and Daboll, who helped JA so much.  

2 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Yolo is this the same op that sends out new topics and never comes back and is like ten

ah, it's okay.  The OP put up a dated article, but it's an interesting topic to reassess now post coaching hires, FA, and draft! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think that team in that division is in for a world of hurt for the next 5-6 years - especially if Herbert continues to grow and I think even if they want to move on the contract was so stupid - they are just stuck in an endless loop - unless Jon just up and quits and saves the franchise the agony of having to fire him.

There is a tradition in LV of people being in the way buried alive in desert. 

While I do not see Mark Davis doing that I could see some members of that fanbase doing that.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Raiders are in hot seat for $10 million a season and coach can point to front office and competition in division as reasons why they losing.

I do not think owner will dump Gruden unless he has a major scandal. 

You beat me to it Lime.  There is no way one of the poorest owners in the NFL is going to forego the remainder of a $100 mil. Guaranteed contract.  The latest I saw on Audacy is Davis’ net worth is $250 mil., one of the lowest in the NFL compared to Tepper of Carolina at different reports of $14-16 bil.

Davis is stuck with Gruden whether he sucks or not.  Believe me I’m no fan when he was in Tampa.  He brought the Bucs their first SB, but then was up and down revolving from a winning record one year to a losing one the next.  He pushed out the architect of the team, Rich McKay to get a lapdog in Bruce Allen.  He brought in old over the hill guys until fired 7 years later.

The two teams that stick out to me are the Bears and the Broncos.  My reasoning is the Bears have a very good defense, have a young new to develop QB, and a fan base sick of their anemic offense.  They made the playoffs several times, but almost felt like they were limping in except their best record year.  I can see if a bad year Chicago moving on from Nagy.

The Broncos would need to pull off a trade with Rodgers for them to get deep in the playoffs.  They too have a decent defense, and an anemic offense.  They have a defensive minded coach so as it often occurs owners seem to lean the other way after firing a coach.

If Daboll is promoted to another team, and a good leader (McD) always want to develop others for success.  Looking at their track record, I can see one of the offensive position coaches as strong candidates fir the next OC.

This is just wild off season speculation so we’ll see.  It shouldn’t be anything to worry about after JA having the same OC for four years.  He’s in a far different place now than a guy like Lance or Fields.   Fields would probably benefit greatly from a coach like Daboll.

Thats my 2 cents.

Edited by machine gun kelly

On 5/26/2021 at 12:51 PM, scuba guy said:

Nope just didn't realize the article was so long ago.  Didn't realize Philly replaced their coach.... Sorry. 

• Like (+1) 1