R.I.P. Eugene Marv

7 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

RIP! He was a solid linebacker and played hard and was always in the right spot it seemed! Enjoyed watching him play! Condolences to his family and friends, passed way to soon.

This^^^^ He passed wayyyyy toooo soon.

24 minutes ago, BTB said:

It would be nice if the OP could at least spell his name right in a thread announcing his passing. 😞

RIP. WAY too young. 

Mistakes happen. I’d suggest a more friendly approach, but maybe that’s just me? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I remember him taking on half the raiders bench in a fight in a game we were down 24-3, came back to tie, and then lost. Was at stadium, during one of the lost years. 85?

The guy had heart.

And it is bull#### that I had to scroll so far down to find this thread. Bit of respect, por favor 

Edited by billsintaiwan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

I remember him taking on half the raiders bench in a fight in a game we were down 24-3, came back to tie, and then lost. Was at stadium, during one of the lost years. 85?

The guy had heart.

And it is bull#### that I had to scroll so far down to find this thread. Bit of respect, por favor 

BiT, I remember that one very well.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I remember regretting how much “even better” our great D of ‘88 would have been if we still had Eugene Marv. I could not figure out how we lost him to the Bucs and back then there was no way to figure that out. Maybe microfiche at the public library.  

No need microfiche, the beauty of the internet is can find things through research. As according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_season

it stated the Bills traded him to Tampa for a 1989 draft pick, then if look at the draft the Bills had a pick at the top of the 7th round that around the spot Tampa would have drafted and took former MLB baseball star Brian Jordan with said pick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/26/2021 at 1:00 PM, Charles Romes said:

I remember regretting how much “even better” our great D of ‘88 would have been if we still had Eugene Marv. I could not figure out how we lost him to the Bucs and back then there was no way to figure that out. Maybe microfiche at the public library.  

AND maybe best we don't know. BUT we do know! From '88...

https://buffalonews.com/news/tampa-bays-marve-happy-the-bills-are-winning/article_f076a24d-f9a0-5530-bca9-03c3f65209a7.html

Interesting... It can also be viewed conversely.   Maybe Marve wasn't part of the new process?

"...The Bills began their turnaround last year with the hiring of a top-flight defensive coordinator, Walt Corey, and the acquisition of two of the top young linebackers in the National Football League -- Shane Conlan and Cornelius Bennett.

But Corey's system, which required inside linebackers to have greater mobility than Marve could generate, and the infusion

sion of youth suddenly caused Marve to go from Mr. Steady to Mr. Obsolete. As a result, he was shipped to the Buccaneers in exchange for an eighth-round draft pick. ..."

Bills did do better after he was traded...

Don't interpret this as speaking ill of him, your point is still very well taken.  Just looking at it from both sides of the coin.  There was a culture & talent shift right when he left. 

May he RIP...

...And no microfiche @ the PL needed. 😉😉

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BTB said:

It would be nice if the OP could at least spell his name right in a thread announcing his passing. 😞

Yes, nice is so much more important than the actual death notice..🤦‍♂️

But, ok, smartazz, Youjean Marvee.

satisfied?

• Haha (+1) 1