R.I.P. Eugene Marv

11 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

RIP! He was a solid linebacker and played hard and was always in the right spot it seemed! Enjoyed watching him play! Condolences to his family and friends, passed way to soon.

When Marv hit a player, they felt it!! RIP

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Rico said:

I didn’t realize he played 11 years, not too shabby. RIP.

Same here.  I certainly remember him, though.

RIP

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

RIP! He was a solid linebacker and played hard and was always in the right spot it seemed! Enjoyed watching him play! Condolences to his family and friends, passed way to soon.

Agreed. 60??😲🥺

• Agree 1

I remember regretting how much “even better” our great D of ‘88 would have been if we still had Eugene Marv. I could not figure out how we lost him to the Bucs and back then there was no way to figure that out. Maybe microfiche at the public library.  

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I could not figure out how we lost him to the Bucs and back then there was no way to figure that out.

It was the allure of the 'Creamsicle' uniforms...🤔

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

Marve ("e" at the end, guys) was super solid. It's just a shame his mid-80s teams were so awful. I always felt kind of sorry for Marve: he just missed out on the Bills early 80s run, and then left on the cusp of the Kelly-era SB run. I don't think they were recording tackle stats at that time, but man, Marve was a tackling machine! RIP. 

Edited by Stranded in Boston
  • Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Rico said:

I didn’t realize he played 11 years, not too shabby. RIP.

His son Robert was a big time QB recruit a decade ago.  

Played at the U and then Purdue and I thought he might carve out a nice career in the CFL but he gave up after a year and a half.   

• Thank you (+1) 3