Dawson Knox to attend TE University

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Is he? Last year I saw the same player that I saw his rookie year. The drop percentage decreased but he added a couple fumbles which is even worse. He also had a drop turn into an interception in a critical moment against the Steelers. What improvement did you see last year?

His 1st 2 years were very similar, but he had 2 very different roles in each year. I still see the flash plays that make him well worth the time to develop. He has super star TE athletism. He's not a good route runner or blocker, but these can improve. It's one of the hardest positions in the NFL to adapt to from college. I think he's still not comfortable yet. I think that's why we see the mistakes. 

We have to remember he's a very raw TE. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

You recall wrong -but you have a lot ‘friends’.. Knox is very underrated around here. Check out the ‘20 Season highlights.

He had a significant rise in production and Allen relies on him. 

That’s more than enough for me. The rest of you just sit there in your wrongness and be wrong.🤦‍♂️

I'm shocked that a guy with a screen name referencing a mediocre tight end would be defending this mediocre tight end.   I'm shocked I tell you!

Just kidding, hoss.  We really all hope he turns into Gronk, but that ain't how our offense works.  

Edited by Tenhigh

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Yea but I thought those are the teachers and Knox would be the one applying for admission

Maybe Olsen and Kelce.  Kittle is still pretty young.  I would think that there would be other TEs wanting to get involved.

I know it’s popular to dunk on Knox, but most TE’s take some time.  TE’s with Knox’s athleticism don’t grow on trees, and while he’s not Darren Waller.. here’s your reminder that he didn’t ball out until he bounced around the league for a few years. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I'm shocked that a guy with a screen name referencing a mediocre tight end would be defending this mediocre tight end.   I'm shocked I tell you!

Just kidding, hoss.  We really all hope he turns into Gronk, but that ain't how our offense works.  

I believe the screen name references Bob Chandler.

Edited by JimS

Good bc he's easily the weakest link out every starter on that offense. He's had a couple flashy plays in his time here, but the production is pathetic especially in a high-powered offense like the Bills. I hate using stupid clichés, but it's clearly a make or break season for him. A great TE could elevate this offense to a different stratosphere. Imagine if Allen had someone like Antonio Gates. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You recall wrong -but you have a lot ‘friends’.. Knox is very underrated around here. Check out the ‘20 Season highlights.

That’s more than enough for me. The rest of you just sit there in your wrongness and be wrong.🤦‍♂️

His two years have resulted in 50 targets- 28 catches - 388 yards - 2 TDs followed by 44-24-288-3

Neither the stats nor the eye test say that he has improved or has potential. His catch percent is about the same and that production can be obtained by any random dude not named Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones or TJ Graham

• Like (+1) 1

This sounds like a scam.  I bet Dawson shows up for day one of TE University only to find the doors locked and a flyer on the window that the school has closed.  He had better read the fine print and submit for tuition reimbursement quickly before they get to keep his money.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I'd just like to point out that, as much as I loved the video (and as much as my wife hates you, indirectly of course, for posting it, thereby making me get home from work much later than I otherwise would have), Josh Allen has more TDs receiving after the first 3/4 of that video than Knox... I don't even dislike Knox, my prior post was just me thinking that I'm funny, but he's invisible through the first 10 games of the season (my wife started texting me asking where I was, so maybe I just haven't gotten to the good Knox parts yet).

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.