Dawson Knox to attend TE University

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

Knox worked-out with Kittle last off-season, not also with Kelce.  Maybe he gets something from it.  Personally I still think it's a lapse in concentration with him as he seems to flub the easy catches but make the difficult one.

I agree, I think the mental side of the game still needs to slow down for him. He has all the athletic gifts to be really good at the position. He just needs to calm down and have things slow down for him upstairs. 

• Like (+1) 1

While his Drop % isn't fully corrected he cut it in half last year so he should get some credit for that improvement.  After his SECOND stint on inactive list he had 16 catches for 179 yards which extrapolates to 42 catches for 477 yards for a season.  If he can stay healthy and continue to decrease his drop % I think hell be good.  The staying healthy is my biggest concern.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

While his Drop % isn't fully corrected he cut it in half last year so he should get some credit for that improvement.  After his SECOND stint on inactive list he had 16 catches for 179 yards which extrapolates to 42 catches for 477 yards for a season.  If he can stay healthy and continue to decrease his drop % I think hell be good.  The staying healthy is my biggest concern.

Which would of put him between Jared Cook and Jimmy Graham last year.  It's a big season for him and I hope he comes through.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

No, it's the inaugural event.  I'm hoping he can bond with Ertz.

A mind meld would be better...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I really want to be optimistic about Knox but I can't let myself forget that he frustrated be more than any other Bills player last year. I think Hollister could enter the year as TE #1 given his history with Allen and he has been a lot more consistent than Knox.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ya'll are way too hard on Knox. He's developing fine.

Is he? Last year I saw the same player that I saw his rookie year. The drop percentage decreased but he added a couple fumbles which is even worse. He also had a drop turn into an interception in a critical moment against the Steelers. What improvement did you see last year?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

IIRC he went last year.  It didn't help.  It's make or break year for him.

You recall wrong -but you have a lot ‘friends’.. Knox is very underrated around here. Check out the ‘20 Season highlights.

He had a significant rise in production and Allen relies on him. 

That’s more than enough for me. The rest of you just sit there in your wrongness and be wrong.🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.